Sponsored by:

Fidelity warranty with aftermarket mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 09:48 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Fidelity warranty with aftermarket mods

I should probably ask this in the 997 forum, but does anyone know how Fidelity or any aftermarket warranty works with aftermarket mods? Will they give you the same song and dance that OEM warranty will, or are you expected to report to them that you have said mods to be covered? Not talking anything major, more so springs/wheels/exhaust.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:34 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Some are very good. I had a twin turbo Audi S4 (2.7tt)with 2x GT28R's that Fidelity warrantied - they even replaces a spec stage 3 clutch under warranty.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:51 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Some are very good. I had a twin turbo Audi S4 (2.7tt)with 2x GT28R's that Fidelity warrantied - they even replaces a spec stage 3 clutch under warranty.
Skip after market warranties all together.

And Fidelity lists clutches under their "exclusion" clause. I truly never have seen a aftermarket warranty cover a worn clutch unless it was damaged by a failure of a covered part.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:54 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
Skip after market warranties all together.

And Fidelity lists clutches under their "exclusion" clause. I truly never have seen a aftermarket warranty cover a worn clutch unless it was damaged by a failure of a covered part.
I had this over 10 years ago and it[Clutch] was covered from a crack (admittedly from launching the car) and not from wear - but there are many levels within aftermarket warranties - like shopping for any insurance,
Old 01-24-2018, 01:15 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

I always look at warranties (factory and aftermarket) as being entities that will try and deny just about anything they possibly can, as it is in their best interest to do so. Now some dealers and even some aftermarket warranty providers certainly can be "cool" about mods, but I will never, ever "expect" it from them as a rule. If I'm under this premise, I won't be all pissy when something is denied.

Expect the worse, and anything up from that is great.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:18 PM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,202 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
I always look at warranties (factory and aftermarket) as being entities that will try and deny just about anything they possibly can, as it is in their best interest to do so. Now some dealers and even some aftermarket warranty providers certainly can be "cool" about mods, but I will never, ever "expect" it from them as a rule. If I'm under this premise, I won't be all pissy when something is denied.

Expect the worse, and anything up from that is great.
Sage advice...
Old 01-25-2018, 07:41 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

I guess I’ll just look closer into it when the time comes. I’m accepting that suspension issues can be refuted (with springs), but obviously want to ensure not to deal with any shady “oh those springs can affect the transmission” etc. BS.

Quick Reply: Fidelity warranty with aftermarket mods