Sponsored by:

Trying to choose a color for my 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 07:43 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Trying to choose a color for my 991.2

So I've spent months doodling around with the Porsche car configurator, and I've got the perfect specs that I want, but the hardest thing for me to choose is the color.

All I know is that I don't want silver or black. I live in Florida so I like floral colors and light/pastel colors.

Any good suggestions? Im looking for a light color that looks stunning in nighttime environments.

Here's a Porsche code for those who wish to see everything that I've configured perfectly

PJ6T3WB2
Old 01-23-2018, 07:50 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,276 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by SillyGoose
So I've spent months doodling around with the Porsche car configurator, and I've got the perfect specs that I want, but the hardest thing for me to choose is the color.

All I know is that I don't want silver or black. I live in Florida so I like floral colors and light/pastel colors.

Any good suggestions? Im looking for a light color that looks stunning in nighttime environments.

Here's a Porsche code for those who wish to see everything that I've configured perfectly

PJ6T3WB2
For so many reasons, you sound like a strong candidate for Miami Blue.

Consider, also, Racing Yellow or Lava Orange...
Old 01-23-2018, 07:53 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Originally Posted by stout

So the price is $112,000 for just the 4s
And I've got $26,000 in options

do you think i could negotiate it down to $127,000 out the door including the 6% sales tax in florida?

I think I will take your advice. My only hesitation with Miami Blue was that it seemed a little too loud, but then again it's really not. It's just a light blue color and makes the car look very modern imo
Old 01-23-2018, 07:59 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Agree.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:02 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,276 Likes on 596 Posts

do you think i could negotiate it down to $127,000 out the door including the 6% sales tax in florida?

I think I will take your advice. My only hesitation with Miami Blue was that it seemed a little too loud, but then again it's really not. It's just a light blue color and makes the car look very modern imo
Miami is not for the meek, but I think it will only get better with time. And it will be unusual. Looks best on a black interior, imo, and will age well that way.

Nice call on 4S over GTS. I like the front bumper a lot better...might be the best looking 991 bumper they've done to date, at least to these eyes. Be sure to spec Sport PASM (car sits lower and looks better) with nose lift (will save your front bumper)—the ride quality won't suffer, as in days of old. Miami looks great with the standard 4S wheels, or black aftermarket wheels. If you go silver wheels, PCCB will keep them clean—and look GREAT with Miami.

I can't tell you what to expect with pricing, other than the non-GTS, non-T, and non-GT3 cars have seen discounts. I'd push for 5-8% and see what your dealer can do.

EDIT: Just checked your spec. We have different preferences—which is fine!—but I'd delete the side window chrome with Miami (it loves black)—and strongly consider a black interior, or maybe the black SportTex if I lived in Florida. Hmm.... There's no wrong answer here, except a spec that fails to make YOU smile when you see and drive the car.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:06 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

So, $138,000 with tax is $146,280.

And you want to buy for $127,000 OTD?

I don't think so. You are a silly goose. Maybe $134,500 OTD would be a good deal.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:06 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Miami is not for the meek, but I think it will only get better with time. And it will be unusual. Looks best on a black interior, imo, and will age well that way.

Nice call on 4S over GTS. I like the front bumper a lot better...might be the best looking 991 bumper they've done to date, at least to these eyes. Be sure to spec Sport PASM (car sits lower and looks better) with nose lift (will save your front bumper)—the ride quality won't suffer, as in days of old. Miami looks great with the standard 4S wheels, or black aftermarket wheels. If you go silver wheels, PCCB will keep them clean—and look GREAT with Miami.

I can't tell you what to expect with pricing, other than the non-GTS, non-T, and non-GT3 cars have seen discounts. I'd push for 5-8% and see what your dealer can do.
I've thought about this in a million different ways since the beginning. The problem with the GTS and the sport pasm option is that I actually don't want the car to be lowered in any way at all. I prefer the car to sit up nice and higher because I live in central Florida, and in the urban areas, the roads are kinda crappy here.

I like how there is better contact patch feel with the 4S vs the S, as well as the wider body.

The main drawback with PCCB to me is how there is very little clearance between the brake calipers and the inside of the wheel rim itself. I have read a thread on here about how little rocks can get caught up frequently in the small space between the caliper and wheel rim, and it causes huge scratches and tears to both components which would be unaesthetic and a hassle to deal with. Also, putting the PCCB on would make the total cost go way above my budget.

Perhaps I should add the front axle lift?
Old 01-23-2018, 08:10 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Miami Blue. Less chrome, more black. You’ll love it.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:11 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I'd be careful with Miami Blue. I had convinced myself I wanted a car in that color, until I saw it live. I still love the color, but I just wouldn't want to own it now. I perceive it as a color I would almost certainly tire of owning. I could deal with lava Orange a lot longer, but I'm a red guy, so my Carmine Red GTS is only days away. It was cleared for transport in Jax today. Yay me.

Also on a special order, I think you're dreaming if you think you can get better than MSRP as the OTD price.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:18 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway
I'd be careful with Miami Blue. I had convinced myself I wanted a car in that color, until I saw it live. I still love the color, but I just wouldn't want to own it now. I perceive it as a color I would almost certainly tire of owning. I could deal with lava Orange a lot longer, but I'm a red guy, so my Carmine Red GTS is only days away. It was cleared for transport in Jax today. Yay me.
hey im from ocala, fl too. now living in tampa for the time being

I guess you could say that I'm looking for a 911 that would be excellent for driving in Ocala at nighttime (excellent place imo due to low traffic and reasonably good roads in most of the city)

What better person to ask than you?

Lava Orange looks incredible. I agree with the Miami Blue. I am considering Chalk and Carmine Red. My only gripe with Carmine Red is that I'd like more contrast between the red tailights and the paint. I don't want yellow paint for my 911 I don't think because it looks a little too much for me.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:46 PM
hpapad01
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've driven both Lava Orange and Miami Blue. Call me nuts, but I've got to drive the car in order to feel the color. The Miami Blue just didn't drive right... the Lava Orange felt great but only on the GT3. And then I drove a GTS and a Turbo with Chalk... stunning...
Old 01-23-2018, 08:47 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Guards Red is classic Porsche and everyone knows its the fastest color.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:51 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Guards Red is classic Porsche and everyone knows its the fastest color.

Guards Red is Lava Orange's 2nd cousin.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:52 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Miami Blue. Less chrome, more black. You’ll love it.
chrome has no business on a modern 911.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:57 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

hey im from ocala, fl too. now living in tampa for the time being

I guess you could say that I'm looking for a 911 that would be excellent for driving in Ocala at nighttime (excellent place imo due to low traffic and reasonably good roads in most of the city)

What better person to ask than you?

Lava Orange looks incredible. I agree with the Miami Blue. I am considering Chalk and Carmine Red. My only gripe with Carmine Red is that I'd like more contrast between the red tailights and the paint. I don't want yellow paint for my 911 I don't think because it looks a little too much for me.
I think it all depends on your objective of what the car looks like. I think Chalk is a great color as well, but for a different objective. If you want a classy color, Chalk or Graphite Blue Metallic is fabulous, but if you want a bad boy color you need something brighter & attention grabbing.

Quick Reply: Trying to choose a color for my 991.2