Sponsored by:

Time for confession............

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 06:16 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Love
That the front screen wipers won’t work if the ‘frunk’ is released.
That's pretty good because I think there is zero clearance when the frunk lid is open.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:08 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
*OK, let's keep this going:

1) Did you know if you hold the cruise control button it will accelerate and decelerate in 5 mph increments?

Cool deal. I never held it before. I would just flip it for 1 mph at a time.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:22 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 359 Posts

Here's another thing that I just discovered that the Rest of World (RoW) cars have over the North America cars. (They also have better PDLS+ systems but that has been discussed)

"The camera-based speed limit indicator informs you of speed restrictions and ‘no overtaking’ zones (start and end). Notifications appear on the display in the instrument cluster and on the screen of PCM."

https://www.porsche.com/internationa...limit-display/
Old 02-08-2018, 08:58 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by gforcealt
Mine doesn't always auto disengage (though it sometimes does), and I'm certain I've always been wearing my seat belt when I started to move. Are their more criteria to cause the brake to auto release? I've a MT, if that matters. Also, I can't guarantee that my passenger was buckled when I've started to move, as I start backing out of the garage as soon as all the doors are shut. Would that matter?
I never have passengers so I can't say for sure if they're part of the equation. But I've had PDK and now 6M and they both release flawlessly and 100% as long as I'm buckled. I'd say go out and test it. See if you can get it to not work, now that you're paying attention. I only use the PB if I'm on an incline, which is a pretty small subset of my parking experience, so I don't have a very large database of experience with it.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:39 PM
gforcealt
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I'd say go out and test it. See if you can get it to not work, now that you're paying attention.
I did some experimenting. If you don't use the throttle, the parking brake doesn't automatically disengage. My driveway is sloped, so I typically just engage the clutch enough to get rolling out of the garage, and then roll backward down the drive. I don't need the throttle. When parked on the perpetually flat, like in a parking garage, I'll use the throttle to get moving and the parking brake automatically releases. Mystery solved.

BTW, with a manual, I always use the parking brake. My father taught me that if you get bumped while parked, a manual could pop out of gear and roll. That was certainly true of the beater manual I had when I was 16 (a 3-on-the-tree!). Dunno if it is true of my modern cars, but I still habitually set the parking brake every time I park.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:25 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by gforcealt
BTW, with a manual, I always use the parking brake. My father taught me that if you get bumped while parked, a manual could pop out of gear and roll. That was certainly true of the beater manual I had when I was 16 (a 3-on-the-tree!). Dunno if it is true of my modern cars, but I still habitually set the parking brake every time I park.
I almost never used the parking brake (unless on a hill) with my 997 MT. With my 991 MT cars I started using it always. This is due to 991s lacking steering column lock.

Quick Reply: Time for confession............