Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for confession............

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 12:33 AM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,385 Likes on 1,539 Posts

I just discovered after two years of ownership my BMW X4 has a heated steering wheel. And by god, I do so love it! Never had one before, but they are like magic in the winter time.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:45 AM
GTOWN83
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I need to read my quick reference guide again.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:51 AM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Received 364 Likes on 224 Posts

I realized i had a free subscription of XM radio with my CPO purchase...but took me 3 months before I realized that and how to work the XM radio... Enjoyed it for two days .(this was when I first got it).

The car is not a daily driver... all I have to say
Old 01-23-2018, 04:15 PM
N2B8TOR
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
I've only had my car for almost 4 year and 79K miles and just figured out there's a little button on the windshield wiper control that activated the headlight squirters.
This I knew.

Originally Posted by LexVan
1) Did you know if you hold the cruise control button it will accelerate and deaccelerate in 5 mph increments?
I did not know this.

My contribution. When you program your garage door home Link. You stand in the front of the car to do part of the programming because the sensor is actually inside the front bumper. All the other cars I’ve owned the sensor is near the rear view mirror. As a matter of fact I couldn’t program my garage doors until I actually placed the key fob on the front bumper (slightly to the passenger side of the frunk logo).
Old 01-23-2018, 10:36 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Papa Fittig
I have a back-up camrera on my 2013 CS and will miss it on my upcoming GTS. What would it take to have one (and perhaps a front one as well) installed?
Back up camera came as standard on my 2018 GTS. I don't really need it in the Coupe, it has great visibility. Nor do I need the proximity sensors, also standard.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:42 AM
rampar
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marinb
One thing that took me forever to figure out was why my automatic high beams weren't turning on. Turns out you need to be driving above 37mph.

Lesson learned, if something's not working in this car... drive faster.
That is the best quote I've ever heard! 😂
Old 01-24-2018, 02:11 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,351 Likes on 761 Posts

Speaking of high beams. Just the opposite issue for me. When I got the TTS I read the manual from front to back but obviously missed the section on high beam assist. Couldn’t figure why my high beams kept flicking off when a car was approaching before I could switch them and then turning back on. Duhhh.
I was happy when I realized it was a driving option.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:34 PM
RLH1968
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased a 2014 911 Base CPO. I drove it sparingly on the weekend I purchased it. However, on the first day driving it to work, I eased into my parking space and the car died. I was furious. I immediately began searching the Internet for 991.1s dying for no reason only to find out that it has start/stop technology. I know what the button means now.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:02 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 404 Posts

On my 991.2, as I was resetting the trip with the small **** in the gauge cluster, I discovered that turning it adjusts the brightness of the display.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:15 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by RLH1968
I recently purchased a 2014 911 Base CPO. I drove it sparingly on the weekend I purchased it. However, on the first day driving it to work, I eased into my parking space and the car died. I was furious. I immediately began searching the Internet for 991.1s dying for no reason only to find out that it has start/stop technology. I know what the button means now.
I leave mine deactivated by default. But after I had a tire puncture repaired, I was wondering why my car kept dying. Turns out the tech turned the start/stop feature back on and I didn't think to look at the button at first.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:24 PM
Mr. Big
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Papa Fittig
And as funny as it is, I get used to a back-up cameras on my other cars to a point I look at a PCM screen (no matter what it shows) and back up
I have a back-up camrera on my 2013 CS and will miss it on my upcoming GTS. What would it take to have one (and perhaps a front one as well) installed?
Backup cameras are federally mandated to come standard on all cars as of May 2018 for cars weighing under 10,000 pounds. Your upcoming GTS should have one.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:42 PM
daberlin
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
I just discovered after two years of ownership my BMW X4 has a heated steering wheel. And by god, I do so love it! Never had one before, but they are like magic in the winter time.
Why would you want to warm your steering wheel?? And serves you right for buying a BMW with such a strange feature.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:04 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 708 Likes on 323 Posts

On early 991.1's, there is a cubby in the door sill on the passenger side for a small umbrella.

There are little clips in the glove box that can hold a pen. Or a thin tire pressure gauge.

There is a hole in the gas cap cover that the pin from the plastic gas cap will fit, so it doesn't dangle down when you refill (this one may be obvious but I heard of folks missing it).

You can run ventilated seats and heated seats at the same time.

At speeds above 120 mph and at temperatures below --22 °F, the sunroof can only be closed, opening is disabled.

The distribution characteristics of the headlights change when driving in darkness at vehicle speeds above approx. 80 mph. The light beam becomes longer and the field of vision increases.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:50 PM
Paul Love
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That the front screen wipers won’t work if the ‘frunk’ is released.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:09 PM
gforcealt
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
If you buckle your seatbelt you can just ignore your parking brake and drive off and it will release.
Try it without your belt buckled though and you'll be leaving two big 305mm black streaks down the driveway.
Mine doesn't always auto disengage (though it sometimes does), and I'm certain I've always been wearing my seat belt when I started to move. Are their more criteria to cause the brake to auto release? I've a MT, if that matters. Also, I can't guarantee that my passenger was buckled when I've started to move, as I start backing out of the garage as soon as all the doors are shut. Would that matter?

Quick Reply: Time for confession............