If you had 'designed' the Carrera T...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 10:06 AM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Does the T have dynamic engine mounts? I wasn't sure
I quoted the owners manual of the 991.2 GTS. I assumed the T had dynamic engine mounts, some of the mag reviews said it did. But now that I am looking at the Porsche website, it doesn't mention it as an option far as I can tell (it is listed under "chassis" for the GTS). Can anyone else chime in?
Old 01-23-2018, 10:27 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

It should be listed as standard equipment, but there is no list of that on the US website.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:22 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,332 Likes on 491 Posts

Thanks, evilfij and BlueNorther.

I have thoroughly checked the UK Porsche website and can find no mention anywhere of dynamic engine mounts.

Cheers,

Simon
Old 01-23-2018, 03:34 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 43 Posts

Alright, locked and loaded on my end as well as of yesterday. I'm super excited - here's my final build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCSRVT3

I finally opted for the full leather experience. I couldn't help but notice how nice all the press cars looked and it really does complete the look [of the $100k] interior.

Can't wait! Late April, here we come.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:40 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Great build.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:49 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,324 Likes on 616 Posts

Nice build.

If I were to build a T, this is the one I'd build...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJLLQNK5
Old 01-23-2018, 04:02 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Nice build.

Thanks, same with yours. I'm surprised you didn't opt for the T interior, even in white?
Old 01-23-2018, 04:10 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by k997
Alright, locked and loaded on my end as well as of yesterday. I'm super excited - here's my final build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCSRVT3

I finally opted for the full leather experience. I couldn't help but notice how nice all the press cars looked and it really does complete the look [of the $100k] interior.

Can't wait! Late April, here we come.
Looks great! Good choice to go for the Carrera T interior treatment with the leather interior. GT Silver looks classy.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:19 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by stout
Nice build.

Very nice, Pete.

Thought you might have gone Racing Yellow?

No rear-axle steering?

Damn, those PCCBs do look good!
Old 01-23-2018, 04:27 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,324 Likes on 616 Posts

Originally Posted by k997
Thanks, same with yours. I'm surprised you didn't opt for the T interior, even in white?
Am on the fence on this. I do like the pinstripes in silver and red, but not enough to spend extra for it when that money would pay for nose lift. I understand why the leather interior costs more, but not the T pinstripes/belts/straps; feel they should have been standard with a $0 option to delete the pinstripes. And I'd rather put that "silver interior details" money towards nose-lift on a model that gets awfully price sensitive so quickly—especially with my desired PCCB. I wish PSE and the Sport Chrono stuff (not just the clock) were optional to keep costs lower and the T simpler—then maybe I would have done the silver pinstripes?

Very nice, Pete.

Thought you might have gone Racing Yellow?

No rear-axle steering?

Damn, those PCCBs do look good!

Thanks, and no RY for me. I do like it, but it's too loud for a daily driver for me (said as a guy who just moved from a Guards Red GT4 to an Oak Green 991.2).

And no RAS for me. I am a fan of RAS on the heavier/wider/faster 991s, as it makes the car more agile and more stable—but I feel part of the magic of the base Carrera is its simplicity. The fewer computers at work in a lightweight 981/991, the more fun I tend to have. I suspect my perfect T would be one with 7MT, LSD but no PTV+, dynamic engine mounts with auto-blipper defeat, no RAS, etc. I really think less is more with these cars—though the rear-end stability with RAS, particularly in high-speed braking on the way into a bend, is something that has to be thought about. You can be skilled driver and still end up with more "walk" back there under braking than you'd have with RAS. With that comes some risk. If I remember it right, Röhrl liked the 991.2 Carrera S without RAS for being great and a bit lively back there, but could quickly imagine scenarios in which he'd prefer to have RAS...such as an emergency maneuver on a rainy freeway. I'm not sure there is a right answer here, and I'd never criticize someone for ordering RAS. But I'd skip it.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:35 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Ah - cheers, Pete. At least you've made me feel a little better about not speccing RAS on my incoming T!

Great car though my Panamera 4 is, I cannot wait to get back into a 911!
Old 01-23-2018, 05:13 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 468 Likes on 246 Posts

I passed on a T as i've just taken delivery of a GT3 and recently sold a 991.2GTS PDK coupe..My problem is when i get used to a certain level of performance in a Porsche i just won't settle for less on the next one..Its true in what they say in that power corrupts...well at least in my case it does..!..
If however i had to design a perfect T for me this would be it..Similar to the actual T but with the 6 speed manual..PCCBs,RAS and folding buckets but absolutely no weight adding extras whatsoever, and that includes glass roof,LEDs,BOSE etc..
Its a pity Porsche didn't manage to make a genuine weight saving (say 100 lbs) to give it a real performance edge over the standard Carrera.
Edit to add..In Guards,RY or Plain white..
Old 01-23-2018, 05:55 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by Taffy66
I passed on a T as i've just taken delivery of a GT3 and recently sold a 991.2GTS PDK coupe..My problem is when i get used to a certain level of performance in a Porsche i just won't settle for less on the next one..Its true in what they say in that power corrupts...well at least in my case it does..!...

So, next stop is GT3 RS or GT2 RS then Taffy...?
Old 01-23-2018, 06:28 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 468 Likes on 246 Posts
Wink

So, next stop is GT3 RS or GT2 RS then Taffy...?
I'm pinning my hopes on getting a green 991.2GT3 RS..I choose green as i live in the countryside and hopefully it'll blend in nicely..I like to travel incognito
Old 01-23-2018, 06:46 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Maybe they'll do a Touring Pack for the GT3 RS?! Maybe one of those in say Irish Green, or Welsh Green...

Quick Reply: If you had 'designed' the Carrera T...