Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this Endurance Racing Edition?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 08:20 AM
2thdoc14
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry, Mis wrote that. I meant to say I would save the replacement decals for later. The roof decal on mine comes off in 1 inch pieces. I think the car saw lots of sun after someone tried to buff the roof and stripped all the protective coating off the decals.

and yes, besides the surprise dents in the rear quarter, the seat was “repaired”. Looks like crap and dealer tried to tell me it was armour all!
Old 06-23-2018, 10:41 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Looks like my SD Edition basically has the same equipment sans the decals....mine is a $135k build (2015). Looks like I won’t be “upgrading” soon!
Old 06-28-2018, 07:15 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 448 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by WhipE350
I own one of these beauties, but in PDK. The Endurance options package is $14,000 and includes the following:

I really like some of them including the special car cover, the red leather trim on the carbon fiber floor mats, and the 12-o'clock marking in red. Oh and it came with an extra set of floor mats.
My dealer couldn't sell it, so I made a deal with them, deduct the $14 Endurance options and we'll negotiate from $137,500. I got an extra 20+% off and then a free wrap for my troubles to remove the decals. I absolutely love the options on the car and the wrap came out amazing. It is covered with xpel on the whole front and roof. The mirrors are also completely xpel'd.
Sometimes if you look hard enough ya can find a diamond in the rough for a fantastic price!
I just bought a new one Saturday, and like you got a steal of a deal. What a great 911! It has a fabulous list of options. And with the 991.2 Carrera S, adding the X51 Powerkit is actually a reasonable upgrade, if wanted.
Mine is a garage queen, driven 3k miles/year on sunny day blasts and PCA events. I'm a snow bird and ship back and forth each year. So I'will enjoy my decals and will save the car cover unused. These cars will be quite rare, but probably never will be great investments in the realm of Porsche models.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:28 PM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ducstar
http://www.porschewestbroward.com/de...-17047632.html

Does anyone know if these stickers are easily removed or are they permanent?

A session at a good detail shop could handle this?

It seems to be a really nicely loaded S hiding underneath. Great price.

Should I avoid the headache or is it a good deal?

Did you ever buy it? Did you peel off stickers or leave them? Looking at black one now, can see where they are already starting to peel up.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:21 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dsh
An identically spec'd 2018 S, sans stickers, is $143,000, and a 2017 would have been about $140,000. I know because I did the math and bought a black "Endurance Racing Edition" recently. I got a very good price, irrespective of the decals and the original upcharge, so I could pull the decals off and still be money ahead. I happen to like the decals, so it was an easy decision.

However, I bought a never-titled new vehicle, factory warranty, etc. You can extrapolate the value of a used similarly optioned 2017 S from my figures and determine what would be a good deal.
So did I, and added the X51 PowerKit. Mine sat in a showroom in Appalachia and didn't sell. So that dealer removed the top stripes. But Ed Napleton bought that dealership and trucked it along with some others to his newly expanded dealership in Westmont IL. I bought it new last June and was able to get PPF installed b4 my dealer could order a decal pkg and get it installed. So my stripes are on top on the PPF. I ran mine on the PCNA Configurator last year, and it came to $148k with the X51, without the Endurance Racing Edition items, which include the decal package, leather embossing, special emblems on the day and sills, and a collector car cover with the same stripes that celebrate Porsche's endurance racing tradition, and their final LeMans win the the Prototype class. The same decals were used on some of the factory GT race cars of that period.
I love the car Weissach did it. It's my 10 th Porsche since 1970. I'm retired and use mine for car events and sunny day blasts. I probably average 100 events a year, between Orlando and Chicago. 73 of the 235 built were imported to the USA, all with the same option list, except for color. There are 3 colors - Guards Red, Black, and White. I have yet to see another one, except for one on display at the Rolex 24 in Daytona in January 2018.
The following users liked this post:
catdog2 (01-12-2023)
Old 06-11-2019, 06:42 PM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PCA1983

So did I, and added the X51 PowerKit. Mine sat in a showroom in Appalachia and didn't sell. So that dealer removed the top stripes. But Ed Napleton bought that dealership and trucked it along with some others to his newly expanded dealership in Westmont IL. I bought it new last June and was able to get PPF installed b4 my dealer could order a decal pkg and get it installed. So my stripes are on top on the PPF. I ran mine on the PCNA Configurator last year, and it came to $148k with the X51, without the Endurance Racing Edition items, which include the decal package, leather embossing, special emblems on the day and sills, and a collector car cover with the same stripes that celebrate Porsche's endurance racing tradition, and their final LeMans win the the Prototype class. The same decals were used on some of the factory GT race cars of that period.
I love the car Weissach did it. It's my 10 th Porsche since 1970. I'm retired and use mine for car events and sunny day blasts. I probably average 100 events a year, between Orlando and Chicago. 73 of the 235 built were imported to the USA, all with the same option list, except for color. There are 3 colors - Guards Red, Black, and White. I have yet to see another one, except for one on display at the Rolex 24 in Daytona in January 2018.
For some reason the one I am looking at only had two black stripes running from the front to the back.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:44 PM
2thdoc14
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Brendan Loehr
Did you ever buy it? Did you peel off stickers or leave them? Looking at black one now, can see where they are already starting to peel up.

Patience and a heat gun...then 3m adhesive removal. It comes off decent...plan on sore finger tips!
Old 06-11-2019, 09:47 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 416 Posts

The car is NO Different than any other Carrera S. I test drove the one at Napelton and there is NOTHING SPECIAL outside of its another fantastic 991.2 Carrera S. All the 991.2 Carrera S cars are excellent machines. Those stickers are like 12K-16K...Do not pay-up for them. There is nothing that sets them apart. No legacy. No unique historical event. Nothing. Just a Carrera S.

Sorry, its just the truth.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:13 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by phefner
The car is NO Different than any other Carrera S. I test drove the one at Napelton and there is NOTHING SPECIAL outside of its another fantastic 991.2 Carrera S. All the 991.2 Carrera S cars are excellent machines. Those stickers are like 12K-16K...Do not pay-up for them. There is nothing that sets them apart. No legacy. No unique historical event. Nothing. Just a Carrera S.

Sorry, its just the truth.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but we are not paying normal S prices for these Weissach Limited Edition C2S, loaded with every performance option and every lux option most of us would want. I got mine for a huge discount. And the one at West Broward is at a great discount. I've only seen one GTS with options I preferred over mine, and it's sticker price was $158k. And mine is slightly quicker on the straights than the GTS due to slightly lower weight and aero drag, as proven recently at Autobahn Country Club. These Endurance Racing Editions are rare and have choice options. If you want a stripper, they aren't for you. I'm OK with that, but not interested in a stripper. And I like the fact that it is a bit of a collectible. You won't see your car often, driving one.

BTW, your comment could also apply to the Weissach Edition of the 991.2 Turbo S. But they also are nice to own, for guys in the Turbo S market.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:34 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 416 Posts

Its a great looking 991.2 S, I stand by my research, nothing more than a 991.2 S and its OK to disagree on this. Let us know how it fares if you move on from it.

Cool that your getting some track time with it.

Cheers.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:34 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Its a great looking 991.2 S, I stand by my research, nothing more than a 991.2 S and its OK to disagree on this. Let us know how it fares if you move on from it.

Cheers.
Thanks. It is a great hobby for me in retirement, and it's cheaper to drive a late model Porsche here in the USA than to play at and belong to a private golf club.
My Weissach Limited Edition didn't cost me anything beyond a heavily optioned C2S, but it is unusual. For an old Porsche guy like me, it's nice to finally own one that is not common. It's almost a collectable, but still started life as a C2S. And it now goes like stink with the X51 PowerKit.
I won a COBB tune and AccessPort at the Amelia Island PCA Werks Reunion. Would love to have that 20%+ Hp and Torque, but with more than 3 years to go on my factory warranty i just could not do it. So I sold it. Will definitely be looking for the right tune in a couple years tho.
These 991.2's are a tuner's dream. Performance of a 911 3.8 Turbo without the heavy price tag and added weight.
It will be interesting to watch what happens with the 991.2 Carrera values in the future. No other Porsches in history, other than late model Turbos, have had this amount of low-cost tunability, introduced with the Carerras in 2016-2017.
Unless we start seeing failures that are not happening today, I'm betting all the 991.2 Carrera models do unusually well depreciation-wise, going forward. Not much can be done for older 911 Carrera models, without spending large sums of money.

Last edited by PCA1983; 06-12-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:52 AM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Cheers.

As of today I only see 2 for sale here in states both priced like any other 991.2S so maybe a little better value. but who knows..... may buy one of those tomorrow
Old 06-12-2019, 01:45 AM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

As of today I only see 2 for sale here in states both priced like any other 991.2S so maybe a little better value. but who knows..... may buy one of those tomorrow
They are a great value. I bought one in March of 2018 new for $110K and a free $3800.00 wrap of my choice. I added PPF on top of a lot of the wrap. Decals can be taken off easy if you park in very hot sun and just start peeling. Be careful if you have skinny elbows, they can dent the top when the metal is hot. There will be glue left, you can use acetone to remove it fast. Polish, ceramic coat or wrap and enjoy. I've owned 8 Porsches and this is my favorite. Went to recent 175 Porsches event and it got a ton of complements. You'll see folks on the form bash the $14k list of options, but heck if you don't pay for them they are a sweet list and unique. If mine had been white I would have kept the stickers, on black I just didn't like them enough. I tried to get folks to notice this car on the forum a long time back, I got the last laugh. Instead of bashing it I found a way to get a fantastic price.
I would change two things. Lane change warning would be nice and I have no idea why Porsche didn't put 18 way seats in it.
The following users liked this post:
catdog2 (01-23-2023)
Old 06-12-2019, 01:47 AM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Those are the only 2 options I will miss as well.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:08 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

I would. A year ago you could typically find a half dozen or so for sale across the USA. Now it's typically one or two. I know of several sitting covered in warehouses. If you buy, it should come with the collector car cover and the two sets of floor mats - standard OEM and Weissach carbon fiber mats with Red leather edging.

And I especially like the stripes on my Black one. It means a lot less Black paint to take care of 😃

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this Endurance Racing Edition?