Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS in North Olmsted, OH

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 09:59 AM
TerryC4S
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats. I'm glad it worked out for you. I don't know if I could buy a car without seeing it first. I decided to keep my cab. Every time I drive it I think, "Why would you want to get rid of this car?". I asked my wife to tell me to go for a drive any time I talk about a new car. Enjoy the new ride.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:33 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by RDCR
I've brought 2 cars from out of state dealers into Calif. All you should need to do is a VIN verification at the DMV where an agent verifies the VIN and emissions sticker (which on a 911 is easy for them to find) and then get the car smogged at any smog station. Don't bother going into the DMV office just drive to the staging area for driver license tests and an agent will come out and fill out the form and give to you. No appt. needed & never had to wait more then 5 minutes. Try to find a smog station that will run a pretest to make sure you will pass. (they are not supposed to) The GTS wouldn't pass even after I drove it around for a week and I finally had a dealer reset all the emissions status settings with the PIWIS when car just wouldn't reset on it's own.
OK, thank you for the inputs and tips. I actually got in this same trouble. I should have known better to read your post more carefully. My emissions data is lost due to either a battery disconnect at the PNO dealer or during transportation or due to computer reset during the service done by PNO.
In any case it failed for "OBDII Monitors nor ready". Talked to my local dealer and they said I need to drive it 300-500 miles and fill up the tank at least twice. Not a warranty issue yet, although it might be if there is no emission data stored after driving.
Really enjoying driving the GTS though

BTW the PNO was great to deal with during the sales, but it is slightly different story now. They promised to provide lost plastic spoiler for the front lip, deliver and pick-up my trade-in at the same time and have all the documentation in the car.
Well, they FedExed me the Title no problem, however the transportation company truck delivering the GTS did not pick-up my trade-in, there is no Purchase agreement copy (which I need for registering the car here obviously) in the documentation I got with the GTS and there is no spoiler either installed or provided.
I've called them and been promised to get the Purchase agreement by email shortly together with the info on my trade-in shipping etc. This was 5 hours ago. No emails so far. And it is beyond PNO regular working hours now.
I am sure they will do this tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Terry, I must say you have found great treatment plan for the new upgrade itching disease
Old 02-02-2018, 01:02 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Also is that how a temporary Ohio license plates look like? Expiration is hand written.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:29 AM
TerryC4S
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Papa Fittig
Also is that how a temporary Ohio license plates look like? Expiration is hand written.
That’s what they look like here in Oh Hi Oh. We do things first class.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:42 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Yes, I know The dealer finally emailed me my "Buyers Order", as there is no "Purchase agreement" in OH if you pay cash or so I've been told. Fine with me. Pick-up for my beloved C2S coming tomorrow.
And the best news is I inspected the GTS's undercarriage today and there is no rust anywhere. Looks like a California car. That was exactly what the dealer told me. I am happy. 2-1/2 years old car with 16+K miles from OH and no signs of snow/salt driving. Great news!
Old 02-03-2018, 08:33 AM
aduong
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I know The dealer finally emailed me my "Buyers Order", as there is no "Purchase agreement" in OH if you pay cash or so I've been told. Fine with me. Pick-up for my beloved C2S coming tomorrow.
And the best news is I inspected the GTS's undercarriage today and there is no rust anywhere. Looks like a California car. That was exactly what the dealer told me. I am happy. 2-1/2 years old car with 16+K miles from OH and no signs of snow/salt driving. Great news!

Interesting. do most buyers inspect under body for rust? I certainly drive my targa in all weather. Do the cars rust in the bottom nowadays and will a buyer or dealer discount for that?
Old 02-03-2018, 08:38 AM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 260 Likes on 171 Posts

Congratulations and welcome to the GTS club.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Thanks Bemo. I will also post on The Official Porsche 991.1 GTS Club thread.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:57 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aduong
Interesting. do most buyers inspect under body for rust? I certainly drive my targa in all weather. Do the cars rust in the bottom nowadays and will a buyer or dealer discount for that?
I honestly don't know what most buyers do. However me, coming from a country where I had cars rusted through due to salt and elements and now living few decades in CA , do check it out if a car is from one of the snow winter states. With galvanizing and other unti- rust measures in place by Porsche the body is less of a concern. It is more for parts, bolts and nuts. They wear out faster and are PITA to work on Would a dealer discount for rust? I doubt it unless the rust is massive.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:53 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Love the GTS.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:18 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

OK, finally the dealer arranged for and I got a pick-up for my C2S today. If not GTS I'd happily drove it for years. It was great pleasure. Full leather with dual color and deviated stitching was also very nice.
Few goodbye pics. Hopefully she will find good caring home,

I expected them to arrange for an enclosed container like they did shipping the GTS, however, this is their car now...Hope she will have a safe trip to North Olmsted.
Anyway, thank you all who has helped me to make my decision to go with the GTS from PNO and overall I am satisfied with the deal.
P.S. Special thanks to Terry for not lifting the GTS right under my nose

Last edited by Papa Fittig; 02-03-2018 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:44 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,222 Likes on 451 Posts

Finally!!! My GTS got delivered today at around 10pm.

Since I never saw the car I was anxious to take it for a ride. The engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, electronics all work as expected.
Also very happy with the GTS power kit. It is substantially different comparing to my 991.1 C2S.
I am HAPPY.
Looks awesome! Many congrats, and enjoy your 991.1 GTS!
Old 02-11-2018, 07:07 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

OK, today finally my GTS's OB emissions monitors reported ready and reading OK. At least with my iCarsoft POR II scanner. Hopefully will be done with Smog check tomorrow.We will see.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:11 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Finally smog check passed and have my GTS registered in California. Thanks to porsche bud for pointing me to a good place to do it quickly.

I am grateful to all the forumites who helped me out at different stages of buying process and am happy with the car.

Quick Reply: GTS in North Olmsted, OH