Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Struggling with color choice - Please post your Night Blue pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 02:39 PM
TJ911
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Night Blue is spectacular on a sunny day and looks black-ish on cloudy days or in the evening. The first pic is on a cloudy damp morning. The second is a closeup on a sunny day, but even it doesn't do justice. I struggled with same color choices, but given I was getting a Targa, the NB made more sense from a contrast perspective relative to Targa bar. I live in So. Calif., so keeping it clean is not an issue but certainly would reconsider if I lived in less favorable climate. Compared to my silver Tesla, my Targa shows dirt in about one third the time...

Old 01-06-2018, 02:56 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm not new to the challenges of dark colors. In fact, I currently own a Night Race Blue Metallic C7 Z06 with factory carbon flash racing stripes (metallic charcoal over the dark metallic blue is very subtle) and I love the color. I am selling the Z06 to make room for the GTS. On one hand, I like the blue so much, I want to replace it with another similar blue. On the other hand, the GT Silver is a nice change of pace and easier to maintain. Either way, Nick Oakes in West Chester, PA, will apply PPF and ceramic coat to the new car.

I love the "Yachting Blue Metallic" car, but I choke at the costs for PTS.

I'm convinced that I'm going to break the configurator . . .
Old 01-06-2018, 02:57 PM
dbk123
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

AnandN,

What type of phone mount do you have?

Thanks!

dbk123
(Strafford, Vermont)
Old 01-06-2018, 03:49 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by dbk123
AnandN,

Thanks!

dbk123
(Strafford, Vermont)
looks like a Kenu to me.

Amazon Amazon
Old 01-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Zetta
Racer

Received 304 Likes on 100 Posts

Which interior color are you going to chooee?
Old 01-06-2018, 04:57 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by dbk123
AnandN,

Thanks!

dbk123
(Strafford, Vermont)
Kenu airframe +.
They have a new one which opens a bit wider and also pivots.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074Q433TL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074Q433TL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-06-2018, 04:58 PM
neuneleven
Instructor

Originally Posted by AnandN

Love your plate. I think it concisely describes what driving th car brings "Joy"!
Old 01-06-2018, 05:03 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
I love the night blue. Was my 2nd choice. I ended up ordering Sapphire blue. Really you just need to go with what fits your personality the best. I like my cars to be somewhat unique. Silver, white and black cars look great but way more people have them. To me it is just a little boring. Of course those owners will say my color is to flashy or bold. That is fine. The beauty of Porsche is how many ways you can option their cars. Do what you feel best with and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.
SB was my second choice but it didn't go with the chalk and blue interior that I really wanted. I am tired of coal black interiors and wanted something a little lighter in two tone. Red is a bit much for my tastes.
I don't think SB is flashy at all. Not like the RY, GR or some of the silver colors with black wheels. My GR Boxster S used to attract a lot of attention and I really disliked that. My 911 draws very little attention especially from the constabulary. Really like that. And most of the time you are inside the car driving and not admiring its outside color so a nice interior was a must for me.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:04 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neuneleven
Love your plate. I think it concisely describes what driving th car brings "Joy"!
Thank you. It is indeed a joy to own this fine car!
Old 01-06-2018, 05:20 PM
neuneleven
Instructor

Personally, I love MN blue and particularly

chose that as my first color. Sometimes blue, sometimes dark blue, sometimes black all depending on the lighting and the angle and lighting
Old 01-06-2018, 05:27 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neuneleven
Personally, I love MN blue and particularly

chose that as my first color. Sometimes blue, sometimes dark blue, sometimes black all depending on the lighting and the angle and lighting
What year is your car? I do like the dark shades of blue. Looks absolutely stunning on a 911. Tasteful and restrained.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:06 PM
dbk123
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Super, thanks!
Old 01-06-2018, 07:46 PM
neuneleven
Instructor

Originally Posted by AnandN
What year is your car? I do like the dark shades of blue. Looks absolutely stunning on a 911. Tasteful and restrained.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:15 PM
HV25
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Avalon911
My 991.2 GTS4 order needs to be locked in the next two weeks. I've vacillated daily between GT Silver and Night Blue. I love the Night Blue, and it doesn't seem to be that common, which I like. The downsides to the Night Blue (IMHO) are (i) tougher to keep looking clean, and (ii) less contrast with black GTS accents. On the other hand, the dark paint with dark trim and wheels is appealing to many. My 19 year old son calls it "murdered out" (???). I think that means he likes the look as he is pushing for the Night Blue. The GT Silver is a timeless color and looks great with the black accents or otherwise, but it seems like every other build is GT Silver. Clearly, it's far more popular than the blue. I welcome any thoughts, observations or comment from Night Blue fans. Pics are even better. I can't go continue going into the Configurator 20 times a day! I need help!
I'm in the same position and have to make up my mind in the next few days in fact. Here are my thoughts on this question: there are a number of colors for the 911 I like but what makes the choice of color for the GTS more tricky are the black wheels and details. I think its interesting that almost all pictures of the 991 in Night Blue on the internet show cars with silver rims. Its quite hard to find one with black rims. I think the reason for this is that Night Blue is a more elegant and classy looking colour whilst black rims give the car a more aggressive, sporty look - so quite different. Since the black rims and black details are a key feature of the GTS it would be a shame to loose them - instead a colour that brings them out would make more sense. That is what a colour like GT Silver does quite well. And whilst more of a traditional color it does go well in my opinion with black rims. Of course all of this is highly subjective and a matter of personal preference. And despite all this I'm also still wondering if I'm going for the 'right' option with GT Silver :-).
Old 01-06-2018, 08:28 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

No night blue on GTS.

Quick Reply: Struggling with color choice - Please post your Night Blue pics!