Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991.2 4 GTS build

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 12:53 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

It must be the time of year to order C4 GTS's - this is my pet project PJD17IG6 - Miami Blue

I've asked my SA to start the Purchase Order process but, when talking to a bunch of SA's I'm getting a mixed bag of information on allocations, from the extreme "nothing available at the moment as Europe is taking all the acllcations, don't expect a delivery before Dec 18" to "don't worry there will be allocations next month and you will have a car by June" to "don't worry, will get you into something in April".

What have your experiences been with getting an allocation, ETA and confirmed orders?

[long time lurker - first time poster - this is my 2nd pcar but first 911 - super excited]
Old 01-12-2018, 04:04 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 72 Posts

Alllcations are very limited, they're diverting production and cars to Germany because of new pending emission regulations that could impact sales. So if you're dealer doesn't have the build you want, they have to trade with another dealer, or go to PCNA and see if they can broker a trade. It's ridiculous but realty.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ivan Philips
It must be the time of year to order C4 GTS's - this is my pet project PJD17IG6 - Miami Blue

I've asked my SA to start the Purchase Order process but, when talking to a bunch of SA's I'm getting a mixed bag of information on allocations, from the extreme "nothing available at the moment as Europe is taking all the acllcations, don't expect a delivery before Dec 18" to "don't worry there will be allocations next month and you will have a car by June" to "don't worry, will get you into something in April".

What have your experiences been with getting an allocation, ETA and confirmed orders?

[long time lurker - first time poster - this is my 2nd pcar but first 911 - super excited]
Keep at it. I waited about two months before my dealer received an allocation. I wanted a GTS 2, but they received an allocation for a GTS 4 and I took it. My build locks at the end of this month. According to the sales manager, I should expect delivery in early April.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:09 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 346 Posts

Dealer allocations are limited im my experience. When I wanted to order my 911 in April 2017, my SA had two allocations for 2018 911 4s models, coupes or cabs for a July build. I got one of them. Sold my Boxster S to them and put down a 5k deposit. Got exactly the car I wanted. Better to decide your configuration and order early. The allocations disappear fast. I was a repeat customer so I had no problems.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:23 PM
iphilips
Racer

Originally Posted by AnandN
Dealer allocations are limited im my experience. When I wanted to order my 911 in April 2017, my SA had two allocations for 2018 911 4s models, coupes or cabs for a July build. I got one of them. Sold my Boxster S to them and put down a 5k deposit. Got exactly the car I wanted. Better to decide your configuration and order early. The allocations disappear fast. I was a repeat customer so I had no problems.
Just put the deposit down and signed the PO - let's see how long this takes

Can't wait!
Old 01-21-2018, 12:08 AM
Avalon911
Racer

Stopped by my dealer this morning and found out my car is already locked at 220 and going to production. ETA in late March. Gonna be a tough 8 weeks.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:20 PM
iphilips
Racer

Originally Posted by Avalon911
Stopped by my dealer this morning and found out my car is already locked at 220 and going to production. ETA in late March. Gonna be a tough 8 weeks.
Congrats - It will go by quickly!

I'm still nowhere closer on an allocation. My SA can't provide any updates and has asked that I contact him in two weeks to see if anything develops - this is with a deposit and a PO signed. Getting super frustrated with the lack of information and the non deterministic nature of this process. Any advice from others on what to do here, do I just sit and wait and hope? Other dealers I've spoken to also want my order and but, they don't have an allocation so not sure how they can "promise" anything or not, is this dealer dependant, ie how badly they want the sale?
Old 01-27-2018, 09:05 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,220 Likes on 449 Posts

Great news Avalon911! Hopefully the next couple of months will fly by! My 911T is due late March/early April.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:18 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Originally Posted by Ivan Philips
Congrats - It will go by quickly!

I'm still nowhere closer on an allocation. My SA can't provide any updates and has asked that I contact him in two weeks to see if anything develops - this is with a deposit and a PO signed. Getting super frustrated with the lack of information and the non deterministic nature of this process. Any advice from others on what to do here, do I just sit and wait and hope? Other dealers I've spoken to also want my order and but, they don't have an allocation so not sure how they can "promise" anything or not, is this dealer dependant, ie how badly they want the sale?
I was in limbo for a while too. The lack of information is very frustrating. Then my dealer called out of the blue and said he received a GTS 4 allocation. I jumped at even though I was originally looking for RWD.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:40 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 132 Posts

Congrats..... See ya on the AC expressway. Radar and Waze my friend!
Old 01-28-2018, 10:25 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

I’m a little late to this thread but I wouldn’t buy a GTS without centerlocks. They help define the car and are no big deal other than your local tire shop likely can’t change tires on them, nor would I want them to attempt to. Get the proper torque wrench, breaker bar, and Castrol anti-seize, and you're good to go.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:56 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Originally Posted by flickroll
I’m a little late to this thread but I wouldn’t buy a GTS without centerlocks. They help define the car and are no big deal other than your local tire shop likely can’t change tires on them, nor would I want them to attempt to. Get the proper torque wrench, breaker bar, and Castrol anti-seize, and you're good to go.
I would have gone with a C2S if I didn't want the center locks.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:59 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
To each his own. About 20 years ago I passed my age at which getting the proper torque wrench, breaker bar, and Castrol anti-seize was something I'd do. Not anymore. It's not that I trust every tire shop around here, but using my GTS daily I want to have options and certain safety net. That's why it is 5-lug wheels for me. I would've have problem pushing myself to buy a car with CLs.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:35 PM
iphilips
Racer

So to close out my story. I was looking for a 991.2 C4 GTS allocation, placed a deposit in January with my local dealer. After no progress getting an allocation, I gave up and decided to pull my order. Still yet to get my deposit back but, I have an email from the dealer saying it is coming back, we shall see - so that was the bad news.

The good news is that I shifted my goals and and opened up my selection choices, I put C2's back on the list, opened up my color choices and dropped my requirement for Front Axle Lift (I measured the approach the fall of my driveway and compared it to the approach angle, I had 1 degree spare). This opened up a bunch of new vehicles and I pulled the trigger and bought a new Agate Grey 991.2 C2 GTS on Saturday (in LA).

Did an amazing trip up from LA to SF (with my SO) over the weekend, did a bit of 5, 95, 156, 101, Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd, 1, 17 and 35 back to San Francisco, ~550 miles, all under 4000RPM.

So didn't get what I originally wanted but, I'm really really happy with what I have. Looking forward to more twisty roads and 450hp

Old 02-13-2018, 10:08 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Iphilips- Beautiful car. Love the Agate on the GTS. Best wishes with it.

Quick Reply: New 991.2 4 GTS build