Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A look at Carrera S v. T "Value"

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 11:37 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 332 Likes on 169 Posts

Yes! 1987 Clubsport Carrera is my 2nd fav 911 of all time, right after the 964 RS America. That's immediately what I thought of when I became aware of the new "T"
Old 01-05-2018, 10:38 PM
Hit Apex
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Papa Fittig
So it is 44 pounds saving on a car weighing 3,175 or so pounds which is 1.386% (I was generous assuming 2.1% as I am not sure about exact equivalent S config weight). This saving does not look like a big deal. While PAG markets the T as an enthusiast car, but without providing substantial weight saving it is just a low cost entry point option. That is the way I see the T. The S is more powerful and quicker car. As others said already the best value is perhaps in the most expensive performance oriented packages.
Originally Posted by R_Rated
44 pounds essentially doesn't matter but the propaganda about weight savings isn't worth advertising since there are so many options that change the difference....

Seats, PCCB, RWS and FAL can have a 300 pound swing - add a lithium battery and you have another 40 pounds to the delta.
It's my understanding that Porsche's quoted weights are typically with the lightest build options, but this isn't published anywhere I don't think. I too was wondering if the car gets even lighter with PCCBs and LWBs. I'm impatient...but really the only way to understand all of this is to have a member weigh the car after delivery, then we can all do the math based on desired options.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:15 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,387 Likes on 639 Posts

The T in order to make sense vs the lineup has to be driven a lot- not bubble-wrapped. So spec how you want but drive that bastard.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:50 AM
worldwidewebs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
The T in order to make sense vs the lineup has to be driven a lot- not bubble-wrapped. So spec how you want but drive that bastard.
Tbh, that's how I view all cars. If you can't afford to drive it, you can't afford it.

One day we'll be too old to drive these things - can't think of anything worse than reflecting on how great it was to have not used them.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:17 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,387 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by worldwidewebs
Tbh, that's how I view all cars. If you can't afford to drive it, you can't afford it.

One day we'll be too old to drive these things - can't think of anything worse than reflecting on how great it was to have not used them.
I do like cars more than most people but I don't like cars enough to stare at them. I need to hear the roar and feel them go around corners!
Old 01-06-2018, 12:27 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Why is the T any different than the other models?

Quick Reply: A look at Carrera S v. T "Value"