Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lava Orange Beauty Shot

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 03:31 AM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

Lava Orange is so misunderstood. I put some random shots together from my own car to show it in different lighting conditions. It's really hard to represent accurately due to color correction magic in everything from the cameras to the processing software to the gamma of monitors/phones. To me most of those shots in the original post look much too red. I do not see mistaking LO for red in real life.

I don't mean to distract from the OP's shots, but it doesn't seem worth it to make a new post. I'll just leave these here for anyone researching Lava Orange...

Lava Orange different lighting examples.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:34 AM
Lava Fire
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangerine
Lava Orange is so misunderstood. I put some random shots together from my own car to show it in different lighting conditions. It's really hard to represent accurately due to color correction magic in everything from the cameras to the processing software to the gamma of monitors/phones. To me most of those shots in the original post look much too red. I do not see mistaking LO for red in real life.

I don't mean to distract from the OP's shots, but it doesn't seem worth it to make a new post. I'll just leave these here for anyone researching Lava Orange...

Lava Orange different lighting examples.
Thanks for posting, the more Lava Orange, the better. I agree that it's a hard color to accurately reproduce on a computer.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:14 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 375 Likes on 247 Posts

Looks like a lollipop. Very nice. Not sure if I would be driving the car or licking it,
Too bold for me but I love it that someone else has the guts to choose this color. Same for the other bold colors in greens, blues and reds.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Originally Posted by AnandN
Too bold for me but I love it that someone else has the guts to choose this color. Same for the other bold colors in greens, blues and reds.
It seems bold, and it looks pretty saturated next to the 458 above, but in person I thought my Lava Orange looked almost dull next to whatever red was on the Ferrari.

I hope the silly resolution race for phones/TVs dies soon and Deep Color gets more love. Having higher dynamic range for all our screens would be a huge improvement. And not just for comparing car paint colors!
Old 01-11-2018, 04:45 PM
AnandN
Rennlist Member

Received 375 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangerine
It seems bold, and it looks pretty saturated next to the 458 above, but in person I thought my Lava Orange looked almost dull next to whatever red was on the Ferrari.

I hope the silly resolution race for phones/TVs dies soon and Deep Color gets more love. Having higher dynamic range for all our screens would be a huge improvement. And not just for comparing car paint colors!
It is a lovely color. I was considering it as well as Carmine Red or some PTS blue color. Decided against it and went with a very conventional, dark blue car.
I used to own a 2013 GR Boxster S with black wheels and black trim. Looked very sharp but it attracted a lot of attention. I felt very self conscious driving it always wondering when I was going to get pulled over. Thankfully in my 4 years of owning that car, despite a number of close calls and even being followed a few times, I didn't get any tickets. Nobody pays any attention to my (dull) dark blue car which is fine with me. Where I live, Porsches are rare enough that they get noticed espcially on rural back roads.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:40 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Originally Posted by AnandN
It is a lovely color. I was considering it as well as Carmine Red or some PTS blue color. Decided against it and went with a very conventional, dark blue car.
I love the color on the lines of the 911, but admittedly I'd go for something less saturated in the future. Grigio Telesto, China Grey, or maybe even Stone Grey.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:19 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are some inside shots of Lava Orange under fluorescent lighting. It goes from Salmon to deep orange depending on the light source.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:35 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My God, you guys are killing me with these pics. I can't wait anymore. I want my L.O. GTS to be here already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Lava Fire
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Here are some inside shots of Lava Orange under fluorescent lighting. It goes from Salmon to deep orange depending on the light source.
Looks good with white wheels and the duck tail. Ever thought of a white porsche negative logo along the side on the bottom with those wheels?
Old 01-13-2018, 09:06 PM
jimjoe997
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

My wife and I stopped by our local Porsche dealer today, and they had this LO on the floor. We're expecting delivery of our LO in March.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:34 AM
Lava Fire
Intermediate

Over the weekend after the Saturday Rancho Santa Fe Cars and Coffee. Wasn't able to do a side by side picture, but there was a 70's Tangerine 911 present at the C&C. Looked to be extremely close to Lava Orange.

Quick Reply: Lava Orange Beauty Shot