Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 C4GTS Wheel Alignment Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017 | 10:28 PM
usccharles
Pro

Default 991.2 C4GTS Wheel Alignment Help

Ok I know this has been hashed around a ton, but I'm having trouble wading through so much info when I search for it. sorry.

I finally found a decent shop in Korea to do my wheel alignment, better tuned for track fun days. My Porsche Service Center will only do factory spec alignment. I have a 991.2 C4 GTS with all the bells and whistles.

Can anyone please guide me or link me to what the prevailing alignment setup would be for a C4 GTS? I don't plan to add anything aftermarket to adjust alignment past what the stock setup will allow.

camber from what i can read seems to be around Front -1.7 Rear -2.2, or more simply maxed out, as it seems like this is all it can adjust to stock. Is this what the experience from other are? I dont know what to do about Toe and Castor.. help!

anything else I need to know before going in for alignment?

thank you much
Old 12-09-2017 | 10:37 PM
erko1905
Rennlist Member

It'd be nice if it's one of those high end tight spec Hunter Hawkeye machines. It'd be even better if the shop had some knowledge of track prepping cars.

Not sure how it might differ for 991.2 but I'm running the front camber maxed out on my 991.1 C4S, I think it's -1.4 or so, zero toe in the front, rear camber I think roughly about -1.8, slight toe in (~0.1-0.2 maybe?). AFAIK you can't adjust caster on these cars. Observing tire wear after a full season, I think I'd rather run a front camber at or slightly above -2, while keeping rear around -1.8, but I think you need adj control arms for that.

Another thing I just got is the DSC Sport PASM box. In theory since it provides some active stiffening of suspension, it should reduce some roll and maybe reduce the need for more camber so I'll try that first on track before I go for the control arms.

Last item, I had to get the car realigned multiple times this past season, a few times due to some dicey situations on track where I knew I messed the alignment up, once because of the nature of the track I think, but I'd def try to see how aligned your car still feels after every event.

Quick Reply: 991.2 C4GTS Wheel Alignment Help