Sponsored by:

BC Forged Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 03:31 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts
Default BC Forged Wheels

Anyone have experience with this company and their wheels? I am looking at a set of 20" Monoblock for my 991.2 GTS as apparently they will offer additional caliper/wheel clearance which is what I need for my PCCB's. The company is send a drawing of the wheels to me so I can try to determine the exact clearance gain. I have an interest in their KL11 and RZ01 to name a couple. They have lots of nice looking wheels. On the description below 'accommodates big brakes' really gets my attention. All of their mono blocks have this feature.

But for now interested if anyone has these wheels and would be kind enough to provide comments about them. Thanks

http://www.bcforged-na.com/monoblock/

Last edited by flickroll; 12-07-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:53 PM
jsykes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a set of their modular wheels on my Audi S4 which I got rid of when I got my Cayman. I liked them a lot. They were very high quality for the money. They were no HREs, but were about a third the price and held up great. I ran 35 series tires in the DC area and never had an issue with them being damaged, they were good and strong and the finish held up great.

I will be looking at another set when I go to replace the wheels on my Cayman.

These were mine.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:31 PM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 69 Posts

I ran some Signature wheels, I believe from the same factory, light and looked great, but the finish was not the best as the lacquer (black triple tint) was very soft and chipped easily. HRE's are too expensive in my opinion
Old 12-08-2017, 12:47 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jsykes
I had a set of their modular wheels on my Audi S4 which I got rid of when I got my Cayman. I liked them a lot. They were very high quality for the money. They were no HREs, but were about a third the price and held up great. I ran 35 series tires in the DC area and never had an issue with them being damaged, they were good and strong and the finish held up great.

I will be looking at another set when I go to replace the wheels on my Cayman.

These were mine.

Thanks for the insight jsykes, appreciate it.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:53 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Carrera2RS
I ran some Signature wheels, I believe from the same factory, light and looked great, but the finish was not the best as the lacquer (black triple tint) was very soft and chipped easily. HRE's are too expensive in my opinion
Agree with your comment about HRE’s. No doubt they are excellent wheels but at over $10k for a set?

BCForged tells me their wheels are powder coated so I wonder if they have changed the way they finish the wheels. Another thing, looking closely at the pictures of the wheels, they are chock full of machining marks. They offer a ‘diamond cut’ face finish and I wonder if that results in a smoother finish. Need to ask the rep about it.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:14 AM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 69 Posts

Nothing terrible with the triple tint finish just that this finish was quite soft, much softer than standard black wheel finishes. I managed a few stone chips in a few weeks, I think the signature SV105's would be great in 9 and 12 x 20 with slightly more aggressive offsets on the GTS, quite stealth as they look so close to factory. Shame the 991.2 GTS wheels are conservative on offset and spacers don't work with centre locks
Old 12-08-2017, 10:29 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Nothing terrible with the triple tint finish just that this finish was quite soft, much softer than standard black wheel finishes. I managed a few stone chips in a few weeks, I think the signature SV105's would be great in 9 and 12 x 20 with slightly more aggressive offsets on the GTS, quite stealth as they look so close to factory. Shame the 991.2 GTS wheels are conservative on offset and spacers don't work with centre locks
SV105 is a great looking wheel. There are so many wheels on BC’s website that it difficult to pick one. As of now their KL12 in Matte Black is my favorite. Not sure about the offset numbers but agree the tires could be out toward the fender a little more. The BC’s would be $4200 delivered and I know they have helped the folks on the Bimmer forum gain additional caliper/wheel clearance. Have seen no complaints about that issue once someone went to BC wheels.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:56 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 981 Likes on 490 Posts

Correct. Signature & BC wheels are both manufactured in the same facility in Taiwan.
Originally Posted by flickroll
Agree with your comment about HRE’s. No doubt they are excellent wheels but at over $10k for a set?

BCForged tells me their wheels are powder coated so I wonder if they have changed the way they finish the wheels. Another thing, looking closely at the pictures of the wheels, they are chock full of machining marks. They offer a ‘diamond cut’ face finish and I wonder if that results in a smoother finish. Need to ask the rep about it.
HRE has over 100 wheel models. While some of them can touch $10k for a set the majority of them can be had below that price point. The HRE RC100's for instance are heir second most most lightweight wheel (just behind the R101 Lightweights) and can be had for under $6k when spec'd properly. They are also built around PCCB's and have HRE's lifetime structural warranty.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...

Quick Reply: BC Forged Wheels