Sponsored by:

911.2 19" wheels on C4s...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 09:38 PM
achildofthesky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911.2 19" wheels on C4s...

Hello again to all. Been just an observer for a while since parting with my 981BS but have a new order .2 C4S due in mid Jan 18. Looking for definitive info on the stock 911c4 base wheels clearing the non PCCB calipers of the C4S as well as the need (or not) for spacers. I reckon spacers are not needed as both are wide bodied cars. I am not into non studded tires and have a great deal of winter driving experience based on living in northern and previously living and working in western states (ski areas of Colorado.). Is there any one who cares to share their experiences? While this year I may not see much skiing via driving, next year and beyond this issue will come into play. Thanks in advance.

BTW I did more than several searches and the relevant info is near nil using my search strings. When I ordered the car, p techquipment lists 19" wheel and tire packages (non studded) but I will only consider Nokian Hakka's w/studs as my go to tires for this usage. Just personal preferance...

Thanks for any help and leads.

essere sicuro

Elena

P.S. - I am in SW FL and would store the wheel/tire set at an intermediate point in the trip west. Also, you may be most pleasantly surprised at shopping for a new Porsche here in the Fort Myers area. I was amazed at the quality of service and dealer participation in activly persuing my (a no body outside of 1 previous purchase chronicled here a while back) business. I am in no way affiliated with any dealer. Just wanted to mention potential at my local dealer...

Last edited by achildofthesky; 11-18-2017 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Clarification and grammar
Old 11-18-2017, 10:44 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 95 Posts

Tire Rack sells 19 inch wheels for to 991.2 as long as you dont have rear wheel steering.
Rear wheel steering has a bolt that is hard to clear with 19s ( possibly with spacers or a smaller ET offset).
Old 11-19-2017, 02:40 PM
achildofthesky
Instructor

No RWS. I am preferring the OEM 19" wheels if they will clear the front brakes. I guess I will go to the dealer and see if I can try to swap... Thanks anyway.

Be safe

Elena
Old 11-20-2017, 08:27 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a winter set of 19” Porsche OEM wheels with ContiWinterContacts for my 991.2 C4S.
Work just fine.-Richard
BTW, 50 year ago studded tires were legal in Wisconsin and I used them.
Great stuff and I would have studded Hakka’s on my cars Now except the studded tires tore up the freeway system and are now illegal.
Where do you drive that they are legal?
Old 11-20-2017, 04:36 PM
achildofthesky
Instructor

Thumbs up 19" wheels on .2 C4S

Not too concerned with legality as I would store them at a "way point between SW FL and the slopes out west. Thank you for your input and taking te time to answer my query. I do appreciate it greatly.

essere sicuro

Elena

Quick Reply: 911.2 19" wheels on C4s...