Sponsored by:

HELP! Philadelphia PPI recommendation for pre purchase inspection

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 08:26 PM
dmia
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 21 Posts
Default HELP! Philadelphia PPI recommendation for pre purchase inspection

Just put a deposit for car located 30-40 min north of Philadelphia (Huntingdon Valley). Any recommendation for a good pre purchase inspection service?

So excited and scared at the same time. This will be my first 911.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-08-2017, 09:20 AM
HODY905
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure Dougherty Automotive in West Chester, Performance Automotive in Malvern both great Indy shops. Maybe be others
Old 11-08-2017, 09:21 AM
HODY905
Rennlist Member

They are a bit of a drive from HV but worth the trip.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,351 Likes on 761 Posts

I agree with Dougherty. Good people and know Porsches.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:06 PM
dmia
Advanced

Thank you gentlemen. Yes they are a bit far. But was able to locate a closer recommended shop. They will be doing a full PPI including compression and paint thickness today or tomorrow. I'll be flying in on saturday for a test drive and a final ok.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:38 PM
jto24
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dmia
Thank you gentlemen. Yes they are a bit far. But was able to locate a closer recommended shop. They will be doing a full PPI including compression and paint thickness today or tomorrow. I'll be flying in on saturday for a test drive and a final ok.
DriveAnything? Let us know how it goes. I've always been curious about that place. Seems like they have good inventory, but I've never been.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:09 AM
HODY905
Rennlist Member

dmia would you mind sharing the shop you selected for the PPI? Feel free to send me a PM.
Thnx
Oh and hope goes well with your purchase. Look forward to hearing more.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:14 PM
dmia
Advanced

Originally Posted by jto24
DriveAnything? Let us know how it goes. I've always been curious about that place. Seems like they have good inventory, but I've never been.
Mine is at eurocarcertified. Mostly basic cars with a few exotics.

Originally Posted by HODY905
dmia would you mind sharing the shop you selected for the PPI? Feel free to send me a PM.
Thnx
Oh and hope goes well with your purchase. Look forward to hearing more.
http://www.autotronicspa.com/

They are doing my PPI today ($180), compression test is another $160. Owen is the manager there.

I also called this place:
Woodlawn Foreign Car Services 215-843-5939

Unfortunately they were too slammed this week to fit me in.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:22 AM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

It seems to me that a Porsche dealer would in the best position to PPI an newer Porsche due to the electronics, etc. More expensive, for sure, but they can access warranty history, do REV analysis, etc.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:47 AM
jto24
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice! I know it as Automobili Limited. Either way, they have a nice inventory, too. Please let us know how it goes. Doug Demuro did a review of the e46 M3 and e39 M5 they have for sale there.

Originally Posted by dmia
Mine is at eurocarcertified. Mostly basic cars with a few exotics.

http://www.autotronicspa.com/

They are doing my PPI today ($180), compression test is another $160. Owen is the manager there.

I also called this place:
Woodlawn Foreign Car Services 215-843-5939

Unfortunately they were too slammed this week to fit me in.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:46 AM
dmia
Advanced

Originally Posted by SKM
It seems to me that a Porsche dealer would in the best position to PPI an newer Porsche due to the electronics, etc. More expensive, for sure, but they can access warranty history, do REV analysis, etc.
From reading some of the experiences shared by others here that has not been the case. There have been PPI done by Porsche dealers who missed simple oil leaks. From what I gather, you want to pick someone who is neutral to the transaction and who is honest. Often times that's actually an independent auto shop.

So the shop did the PPI yesterday, these are his comments:

=====
I am attaching an invoice in a separate email. The link will show you pictures, compression test data and our report. This car is in perfect shape. Tires are all new, brakes are in good shape, suspension is solid. There are no leaks whatsoever. No fault codes at all. Engine compression is perfect. No services are due. There is no paint work except for the rear dovetail which looks good. I did take pictures the best I could for you. There is a clear bra installed on the front and a few nicks in the clear bra but no damage to the paint or body whatsoever.
=====

Then he included pictures of a small paint nick, parts of the car he was referring to, and all 4 tires. Overall I'm pretty happy with the results.

Having said that I'm still going to fly in from the west coast today to look at the car and drive it myself. I'm planning to do a cold start, look at the condition of the car, if everything checks hand him a check and fly home the same day.

Oh I'll probably grab some philly steak sandwich from Geno's or Pat's for lunch before boarding the plane.

Originally Posted by jto24
Nice! I know it as Automobili Limited. Either way, they have a nice inventory, too. Please let us know how it goes. Doug Demuro did a review of the e46 M3 and e39 M5 they have for sale there.
Really! I love watching his videos. Yes so far it's been pretty pleasant dealing with them. And yes that's Automobili Limited, I gave your their website name.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:40 AM
HODY905
Rennlist Member

Sounds great and that you had a good exp with the shop doing the PPI. Keep us posted once you see/pick up the car.

Quick Reply: HELP! Philadelphia PPI recommendation for pre purchase inspection