991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattles frustration

Old 11-06-2017, 01:47 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

I've definitely got a few on my 2018 GTS. The one seems to be around the window trim/rubber which should be fixable with that stuff everyone uses here. Some others just try to not think about. my 997.2 Turbo and 996 gt3 were the best of all of the 911s I've had so far. Maybe the 911r actually, that one is pretty rattle free too come to think of it.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:35 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Ive got a rattle in my dash that sounds like styrofoam being rubbed together. When it happens and I push on the dash it stops for awhile. To dealer next week. Its very annoying.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:30 AM
kuma1416
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by docjohnM

Nothing says, "POS" more than a $150,000 rattle bucket. Porsche needs to know this.
As long as we keep buying 'em, Porsche won't GAS
Old 11-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to try to take a video of the rattles in my car. It's not really a rattle (unless that's what it actually is maybe)- but its coming from the rear seat area - like "eee eee eee eee eee eee" as opposed to a rattle where you have metal tapping metal sound. When I go over uneven roads (and in Brooklyn NY - thats everywhere) - you hear it constantly. I think the roofliner is not tightly held in place. That is my guess.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:04 PM
GregD
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by points
Ive got a rattle in my dash that sounds like styrofoam being rubbed together. When it happens and I push on the dash it stops for awhile. To dealer next week. Its very annoying.

Could be the dash. But I'm gonna take a wild guess it's coincidence that it stops when you touch it... In my case it sounded 100% like you said, but was the fuel tank pad... Happened mostly <20mph in stop go traffic, styrofoam against styrofoam. Dealer noticed the tank cradle had moved, repositioned it and tightened, boom... not a peep anymore..$190 ! (it was more prevalent with a fuller tank) Fingers crossed for you.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Fitcherama
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
Im going to try to take a video of the rattles in my car. It's not really a rattle (unless that's what it actually is maybe)- but its coming from the rear seat area - like "eee eee eee eee eee eee" as opposed to a rattle where you have metal tapping metal sound. When I go over uneven roads (and in Brooklyn NY - thats everywhere) - you hear it constantly. I think the roofliner is not tightly held in place. That is my guess.
My 2017 C2S has developed a major 'chirruping' sound from the rear cabin. I can't for the life of me find it though when I park up to investigate. Everything seems solid when I shake it. It's very loud, not something you can ignore or learn to live with. It's driving me nuts. Will have to go to the dealer I guess...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rattles frustration