Sponsored by:

991.2 GTS picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway
Thanks, but even it were available, the LED version is less at $2770 on the configurator, and my order doesn't lock until 12/4. I've got the Bi-Xenon PDLS lights on my current Cayman S, and they work great. I realize that the LED option has a few more bells & whistles, but I don't see any real value to me, so I'd be paying $2770 for black headlight rings. For that much money, I think I'll get over it. Only time will tell.

p.s. if you have anymore good light pics of your car, I would appreciate if you could pm them to me. I have Carmine Red on order, and would love to see them to tide me over until late February. Or just post them here to show all SBM guys what a mistake they made.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:07 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane

Like a moth to a flame.

Last edited by Gordon Shumway; 11-23-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:29 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks, but even it were available, the LED version is less at $2770 on the configurator, and my order doesn't lock until 12/4. I've got the Bi-Xenon PDLS lights on my current Cayman S, and they work great. I realize that the LED option has a few more bells & whistles, but I don't see any real value to me, so I'd be paying $2770 for black headlight rings. For that much money, I think I'll get over it. Only time will tell.

p.s. if you have anymore good light pics of your car, I would appreciate if you could pm them to me. I have Carmine Red on order, and would love to see them to tide me over until late February. Or just post them here to show all SBM guys what a mistake they made. :icon107
Will do but it will be next week. Car is still at the dealer until next Wednesday when XPEL is installed. I’m out of town until Saturday so decided to leave it in the showroom until then:

By by the way, agree with your assesment of the headlights. For what the other ones cost I am happy with what I have. I do have an idea on how to add the black trim but need to think on it for a while. Either way, I’m stoked the way the car turned out.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:55 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 290 Posts

Very nice, and it gives me a bit of a preview of what mine will look like when it gets here. It also sets me up for my first disappointment. For some reason I thought the headlight outer rings were more of a flat black. That silver color kind of sticks out like a sore thumb when all the other trim is black. Looks fine on light colored cars, but stands out on the darker colors. But I guess if that turns out to be my biggest disappointment, then I will probably get over it in time.

Congrats!
Funny. My GTS is painted GT Silver. The outer ring appears to match GT Silver perfectly. It just blends together. I just assumed that the outer ring on all cars was painted (or an extension of) the same as the body color. Never thought otherwise. Oh well...
Old 11-23-2017, 01:02 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
A couple more after dealer prep. Will get some better shots when time permits, and after I’ve changed out the amber side markers to clear. But I am very happy with the build and would not change a thing. Last thing, photos do not do the color justice. In the sunlight Carmine Red is just beautiful.

ABSOLUTE BEAUTY!!
Congrats on a super color w/ super specs.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:58 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
ABSOLUTE BEAUTY!!
Congrats on a super color w/ super specs.
BlazinPond, thanks!
Old 11-25-2017, 05:58 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Mind if I play?!
She just finished production yesterday... Should arrive here in Toronto first half of January!
Super excited!

Old 11-25-2017, 06:31 PM
florre
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All these white GTS makes me so confused, I have an Agate Grey GTS arriving in May next year, but there´s just something with the white color and all the black details that I love...Is that White or Carrera White STKDoctor? Looks so good!
Old 11-25-2017, 08:00 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by florre
All these white GTS makes me so confused, I have an Agate Grey GTS arriving in May next year, but there´s just something with the white color and all the black details that I love...Is that White or Carrera White STKDoctor? Looks so good!
Thank you!

I drove myself mad on the colour choice. I currently have a 'White' Macan w/ Full Garnett Red Interior....so as much as I wanted to try something different, I couldn't actually pull the trigger, even though I really wanted to. This 911 is 'White' as well... I saw 'Carrara White Metallic' and 'White' side by side and the 'white' looked much better and more sporty. The Carrar is no doubt beautiful though... Just a personal prefrence I guess.

These porsche website pictures do not do the car any justice. I cannot wait to see it in person.. esp w/ the carbon fiber mirrors.
45 days away
Anyway I'll shut up now and let others post pictures of some beautiful machines
Old 11-26-2017, 12:04 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STKDoctor
Mind if I play?!
She just finished production yesterday... Should arrive here in Toronto first half of January!
Super excited!

Absolutely beautiful car!
Old 11-27-2017, 03:57 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Love all these pics! Your cars look awesome!
Old 11-28-2017, 08:09 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

2017 with:
  • CCB
  • PDCC
  • GTS interior
  • 18 way seats
  • Rear wheel steering
  • Heated multifunction wheel
  • PDLS with LED lighting
  • Carbon fiber trim
  • Lighted sill plates
  • Quite a few there options like contrast stitching and seat belts
Best part, it is a 2017 car with 18 miles on it and I paid less than dealer invoice.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:40 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

^^^SCORE^^^
Old 11-28-2017, 09:37 PM
drgek
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

Chalk/black Targa. Currently in production, I should take delivery in mid-January. And be honest, isn't that the ideal time to buy a top-down performance car in Chicago?

Old 11-29-2017, 12:36 AM
basic666
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jnolan
2017 with:
  • CCB
  • PDCC
  • GTS interior
  • 18 way seats
  • Rear wheel steering
  • Heated multifunction wheel
  • PDLS with LED lighting
  • Carbon fiber trim
  • Lighted sill plates
  • Quite a few there options like contrast stitching and seat belts
Best part, it is a 2017 car with 18 miles on it and I paid less than dealer invoice.
dang was this the one from carlsen? How much is the dealer invoice on a GTS if u don't mind?

Quick Reply: 991.2 GTS picture thread