Sponsored by:

PSE Questions :: 991.1 C4S :: No Discernible Change

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 10:31 AM
ari.jay.comet
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrchua
Hi Arjay, any update on your pse valves? Im following this thread because im experiencing the same problem even.
Sadly no. I kept the car only a week and ended up swapping for an audi TTrs but that car is also gone. I’ve owned 69 cars in 25 years so I may have a problem hahaha. Regretfully this means I can offer no help here. Sorry.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:20 PM
CLeagones
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Ive had this issue with my .1 C4S for some time now and I'm so over it at this point. The car now has a SOUL exhaust on it and everything is hooked up correctly but the valves clearly aren't opening. I tested the closed valve technique and the car sounds amazing with the valves forced open but it eventually throws the cooling code.

My aggravating adventure so far:

1. One INDY shop found a busted COV and replaced it but the PSE still doesn't operate the valves $400

2. Just got car back from the Dealer who had my car for 3 weeks and did over 5hrs of "diagnostics" on it and could find nothing wrong with it. WTH ?? $500 I'm tempted to contact PCNA to complain as this is a small Porsche dealership and I honestly feel that they ARE NOT skilled with 911's...(Only had 1 911 at the dealership)

3. At this point I have no clue what do to next as its been to both Porsche authorized mechanics with no luck on why the exhaust flaps wont open on the PSE..

So at this point ive spent almost $1000 just to the exhaust valves to open correctly...

John from SOUL has been great !!! he sold me a Valve controller kit so this is my last hope for the PSE to open correctly...I will be installing next week
Old 08-23-2019, 12:08 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Slightly off topic but is there an easy way to have the Sport Exhaust valves always open, such as a fuse?
Old 08-23-2019, 08:49 AM
Guards_Red_991
Burning Brakes

Received 551 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Slightly off topic but is there an easy way to have the Sport Exhaust valves always open, such as a fuse?
I believe removing a fuse will throw a message... I unplugged the vacuum lines from the exhaust and stuck a plug in them. After 3k miles all good so far.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:46 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Guards_Red_991
I believe removing a fuse will throw a message... I unplugged the vacuum lines from the exhaust and stuck a plug in them. After 3k miles all good so far.
Thanks, I will give that a shot since I do not want a glaring message in my face every time I drive the car.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:53 AM
Guards_Red_991
Burning Brakes

Thanks, I will give that a shot since I do not want a glaring message in my face every time I drive the car.
Make sure to tie the vacuum hoses to something. I didn't and they started rattling around.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:59 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Make sure to tie the vacuum hoses to something. I didn't and they started rattling around.
Will do, when I find them!
Old 08-23-2019, 07:59 PM
CLeagones
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi, ive tried this on my exhaust valves as well since the valves don't wanna open anyway, and after a awhile it throws the Cooling Code message...Is there a way around that ??
Old 08-24-2019, 08:00 AM
Guards_Red_991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CLeagones
Hi, ive tried this on my exhaust valves as well since the valves don't wanna open anyway, and after a awhile it throws the Cooling Code message...Is there a way around that ??
Did you plug the vacuum lines? They have to be tightly plugged.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:54 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 453 Posts

Will do, when I find them!
Bob, I ran no valves on stock and 2 aftermarket exhausts. 1. It sounds better, 2. You make a little more power down low, especially with the high flow cats
On the .2 theres one valve on each side of the center muffler. Get the car on ramps and get under there with a flashlight. The vacuum lines are steel braided and clamped on Very tightly. Heres some tips. You basically want zero vacuum leak in the disconnected hoses
1. Get some 4mm high temp silicon vacuum hose caps (female) for the male connections
2. For the hoses...You will need double sided male plug connection to plug the steel braided lines, but you may need to jam them in with some force into the steel lines if you dont remove the clamp ring. Then on the remaining side of the double male connector place a female cap
3. Be very careful not to tug on the hoses because at the proximal end (nearest to the engine) they are connected to long flimsy metal pipes that are aluminum and rather flexible... and if you crack them it will leak vacuum. This will throw a code and you will have a bad day
4.for the valves... Plug the valve actuator nipple with another female cap so dirt doesnt get into the vacuum chamber
5. Enjoy

honestly its so easy I bet your dealer would do it for free. They have all the plugs also
cheers
Old 08-24-2019, 09:04 AM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 728 Posts

You don't even need to put the car on ramps. Lay on back, pull off hoses off both actuators, put a screw/plug in each hose and add a zip tie for good measure. Takes <= 5min.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:56 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

Plug them by inserting a ball bearing inside the tubing. Re-attach tubing to original position. No lines flopping around.

Quick Reply: PSE Questions :: 991.1 C4S :: No Discernible Change