Sponsored by:

getting bored with the car

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 03:21 AM
nariman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys for the feedback
yesterday i traded my 991 and got Alfa Romeo 4 C lunch edition, and i am amazed how special it is
sounds very loud, very a live, exotic feel, non assisted steering,carbon fiber tub, very light car
that is exactly what i needed for now
i think base 991 is very nice elegant quick, i did very well on autocross, i just needed something more wild
Thank you all, and i will be visiting and maybe one day i can afford Turbo or gt3 then i will be back
Old 10-26-2017, 03:24 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by nariman
yesterday i traded my 991 and got Alfa Romeo 4 C lunch edition, and i am amazed how special it is
sounds very loud, very a live, exotic feel, non assisted steering,carbon fiber tub, very light car
i think base 991 is very nice elegant quick, i did very well on autocross, i just needed something more wild
Thank you all, and i will be visiting and maybe one day i can afford Turbo or gt3 then i will be back
Why not the dinner edition?

Congrats! Sounds like you truly craved a visceral, soulfully quirky machine (I can relate as the 991 was my version of that from what I was coming from). Now that I know what you got and you truly walked the walk in wanting something wild and go-kart like fun in a sense you don't really get from cars today, I understand where you were coming from.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:34 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

What’s the sandwich capacity on the lunch edition?
Old 10-26-2017, 11:10 AM
Hoodoo
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
What’s the sandwich capacity on the lunch edition?
IIRC, it's ~3 cubic hoagies (metric).
Old 10-26-2017, 11:29 AM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Good luck with the new car!
Old 10-26-2017, 12:27 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Well, more wild you got. Predict you will tire of it quickly, but it is a fun car.

Enjoy!
Old 10-26-2017, 12:44 PM
nariman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you
i hope i will enjoy my lunch
Old 10-26-2017, 12:57 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i have my 991 PDK base car for a year

i really liked the car, but seems like i am getting bored now

missing something and i don't know what

i traded my vette and Maser for the Porsche and now i miss them

is there any power modification that are reliable and not to expensive?
Maybe try one with a manual. Makes it much more exciting!

I also really enjoy driving the Cayman since it's lighter. Maybe try a manual Cayman S or even the Miata or something that feels faster than it is. The problem with the 911 is that it's geared so tall and so comfortable it's not as exciting as it could be.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:12 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Congrats! I drove one after getting out of my GTS but getting in and out of the car was a real issue. The frame between the door and seat is over a foot wide. I just couldn't see myself enjoying that experience no matter how well it drove.
A very inexpensive and very fun car to drive is the Mazda ND. Low limits but very rewarding.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:14 PM
NF4710
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats! Drove a 4C not long ago and was VERY impressed...it's an exciting and fun car in a way that modern 911s just aren't. I totally get it. Would be at the top of my list for a fun-car.

Cheers,
NF
Old 10-26-2017, 01:30 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

yesterday i traded my 991 and got Alfa Romeo 4 C lunch edition
Sounds yummy!

Congrats! Keep us updated on the reliability because from what I've read, it can be hit or miss.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:37 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by NF4710
Congrats! Drove a 4C not long ago and was VERY impressed...it's an exciting and fun car in a way that modern 911s just aren't. I totally get it. Would be at the top of my list for a fun-car.

Cheers,
NF
Friend of mine has one. All he said to me was....it's a short honeymoon.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:41 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Friend of mine has one. All he said to me was....it's a short honeymoon.
You have to love it because of the quirks! Certainly the only car like it.... price, construction, weight. Shame no manual but a very cool car none the less.

Speaking of the 4C; have you read into the new 911T?
Old 10-28-2017, 08:33 AM
baege
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 102 Posts

On my second 981CS and I have the same problem, I get bored of cars within a year or so
tried 15 or so cars in the last few months (including 991.1), hoping for that I just want this car feeling, but nothing really has done it, f type coupe awd came closest, but no manual

i am afraid with turbos, and non-manuals trending it's hard to find a car that thrills,
Old 10-28-2017, 09:58 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

My problem is the opposite:. I love all cars, and hate to get rid of one that's still perfectly awesome, but have a desire for another. I'd rather own multiple less expensive cars than a single very pricey one. After I've driven one for a few days or a week, and seem a little bored with it, I trade it out for the other. Always happily surprised by how great the fresh one feels, and can't believe I was thinking of trading it.

Quick Reply: getting bored with the car