Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

Was this one already tuned?!?
Old 04-13-2019, 11:55 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by _fletch
Thanks for this. I'm actually looking for one with sofas. I want this to be the car that can do absolutely everything - like my old 964. Interesting what you say about the RAS. I was expecting the opposite to be true. I haven't tried a T with RAS but my GT3T has it and it definitely makes it feel smaller and pointier. But I get the whole simplicity thing. Would be great to try one with and without back-to-back in the canyons.
It's interesting but like you are looking for, I built mine (literally the LAST 991.2 build allocation in Western Canada) with 4WSS+, PCCB, no sunroof, and... RAS. I went back and forth so many times on the LWBS vs. 4WSS+ and RAS or no RAS that it made my head spin, all in search of the ultimate build. In the end I think I've got a GREAT drivers build that I am sure I'll enjoy. The black one listed here is VERY nice. Good luck on your hunt!
Old 04-14-2019, 12:32 AM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
It's interesting but like you are looking for, I built mine (literally the LAST 991.2 build allocation in Western Canada) with 4WSS+, PCCB, no sunroof, and... RAS. I went back and forth so many times on the LWBS vs. 4WSS+ and RAS or no RAS that it made my head spin, all in search of the ultimate build. In the end I think I've got a GREAT drivers build that I am sure I'll enjoy. The black one listed here is VERY nice. Good luck on your hunt!
Thanks for posting this I found it useful. FYI I have the LWBs on my GT3T and you made the right decision going for sofas. LWBs are great at the beginning then grow old very quickly every time you get in or out or try to go on a long journey. Also on the T they mean no back seats which is a big reason why im going for a T. Having a 911 AND being able to drive it when I have to take the kids to pre-school or the grocery store is something special, and imho part of the original 911 ethos.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:12 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
Production numbers for T. Did anyone ever fully total the production numbers of the '18/19 T.
As of today, 1,000 for North America (904 PCNA and 96 PCL...) 337 total for '18 (303/34) and 663 total for '19 (601/62).
WW is anyone's guess until PAG spills the beans. Given the marketing and focus, I am with those that believe a majority of these came to our shores... Time tells.

ß

Last edited by S S; 04-14-2019 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:16 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 97 Posts

Are they still in production
Old 04-14-2019, 08:50 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Thanks for posting this I found it useful. FYI I have the LWBs on my GT3T and you made the right decision going for sofas. LWBs are great at the beginning then grow old very quickly every time you get in or out or try to go on a long journey. Also on the T they mean no back seats which is a big reason why im going for a T. Having a 911 AND being able to drive it when I have to take the kids to pre-school or the grocery store is something special, and imho part of the original 911 ethos.
I've got the previous gen LWBS in my 987.2 Spyder and love them... once I'm in them. The ingress and egress does get tiring, with the top off in my case making it somewhat easier. But I too wanted access to the rear area, if not just to be able to toss a bag of groceries on the floor or a soft luggage piece on the seat-back down platform. But with all this being said, the LWBS are just so darn sexy!

Originally Posted by white6speed
Are they still in production
No, I believe they are not. Mine was an April 2 completion. I suppose there may be a few more trickling out but for placing an order, that's all a wrap.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:21 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Thanks for this. I'm actually looking for one with sofas. I want this to be the car that can do absolutely everything - like my old 964. Interesting what you say about the RAS. I was expecting the opposite to be true. I haven't tried a T with RAS but my GT3T has it and it definitely makes it feel smaller and pointier. But I get the whole simplicity thing. Would be great to try one with and without back-to-back in the canyons.
so youre gonna keep both and if so is it worth it? Thats alot of coin
Old 04-14-2019, 02:27 PM
_fletch
Racer

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
so youre gonna keep both and if so is it worth it? Thats alot of coin
Im going to keep both for a little while and then sell the one I don't use. I really don't want to be a collector. I know deep down i'll likely be selling the GT3T. It will be very hard if/when the time comes, but the best car is the one you drive.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:46 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Makes sense. Any mods planned for the T or are you going 100% stock?
Old 04-14-2019, 03:02 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Almost totally agree with this but with a difference, at least in my case: for me it's not the price difference that would lead me to thrash around one more than the other, its the power/speed. I just find the GT3 to not really be a lot of fun until you're running it over 5K rpms, and at that point you're going way way way too fast for public roads. So the choice is between a car you can drive at 7 or maybe 8/10ths vs a car you're lucky to do 4/10ths in. Even on the track I don't feel comfortable running it on the ragged edge with no cage and just OEM 3-point seat belts.
Im going to keep both for a little while and then sell the one I don't use. I really don't want to be a collector. I know deep down i'll likely be selling the GT3T. It will be very hard if/when the time comes, but the best car is the one you drive.
my gt3 was pdk but I had a similar feeling and why I eventually sold mine. I absolutely loved that car, but it just felt like another 911 for the most part until north of 5k RPM then everything comes to life. Which pushed me to drive faster on regular roads to get that taste, and felt frustrated when driving around town and not able to get the engine there. Partly the reason I like FI engines as much as NA, with FI just press loud pedal and you are off, nearly any RPM any gear

If you have both the GT3T with LWB and T with sofas, that would be a great comparison as both seem to be touring/driver's cars. My money would be on the T being more comfortable and versatile than the GT3 or GT3T
Old 04-14-2019, 03:49 PM
_fletch
Racer

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
my gt3 was pdk but I had a similar feeling and why I eventually sold mine. I absolutely loved that car, but it just felt like another 911 for the most part until north of 5k RPM then everything comes to life. Which pushed me to drive faster on regular roads to get that taste, and felt frustrated when driving around town and not able to get the engine there. Partly the reason I like FI engines as much as NA, with FI just press loud pedal and you are off, nearly any RPM any gear

If you have both the GT3T with LWB and T with sofas, that would be a great comparison as both seem to be touring/driver's cars. My money would be on the T being more comfortable and versatile than the GT3 or GT3T
So what did you buy to replace the GT3?
Old 04-14-2019, 03:52 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

So what did you buy to replace the GT3?
488 replacing my gt3 as my "fun car"
Old 04-14-2019, 03:57 PM
_fletch
Racer

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Makes sense. Any mods planned for the T or are you going 100% stock?
GIMME SOME IDEAS!!! :P Honestly though right now im just focusing on trying to get hold of the right one. There's one in LA that has Sofas, RAS and Guards Red but no PCCBs - I might go for that. A ducktail would look awesome on the narrow body.

Congrats! that indeed can be described as a "fun car"
Old 04-14-2019, 04:03 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Congrats! that indeed can be described as a "fun car"
lol thanks I am excited. didn't want to take this off topic or anything as its a different post-GT3 car than what you might be considering, but I totally get your rationale and felt a similar way. Porsche South Bay has 1 or 2 Ts in stock from when I popped in last week for a service visit if its helpful
Old 04-14-2019, 04:35 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
The turbo engine of the 488 is suppose to feel like a big NA V8. Pair of twin-scroll and ball bearing turbos really making a very responsive package.

Quick Reply: 911 Carrera T