Sponsored by:

911 Carrera T

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 07:09 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by _fletch
Thank you for the really helpful info!!! Rusnak has a T on the lot - I think i'm going to take it for a test drive based on the posts in this thread. It will be a really tough decision to get rid of the GT3T
You're going to regret that decision.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:15 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by surfer
You're going to regret that decision.
I’m not so sure about that. I don’t find myself driving my GT3 that much since getting my T.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:36 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

This thread just goes to show how damn good the 911T is.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:08 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

I’ve had my eye on a T for a long time and will pick one up in the future. Are most of you speccing the bucket seats?
Old 02-04-2019, 10:20 AM
ohniner
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 134 Posts

They should sell both GT3 and 911T as a package. I have both, got GT3 first and while it’s everything you could ask for, it’s also more....more noise, higher revs due to gearing, more NVH due to suspension fittings etc etc, but man that engine. I couldn’t drive it for more than 30 minutes without wanting to get out for a while. Bought a T as it was sitting on showroom floor for a long time and was offered a great deal. Turned out best thing I ever did.
Much much quieter even with sports exhaust on, that seventh gear is nice and tall so low revs on highway. My wife and I can actually have conversations. Also feels lighter and more tossable at low speeds on the street. A great all around 911.
now which one do I take to cars and coffee......GT3 of course.

p.s. have 18 ways in both, had LWB’s in a GT4....never again
Old 02-04-2019, 12:16 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer

I have guards and love it. Not normally a guards fan, but it works on this car. A classic Porsche color that fits the T to a T.

Ha. Tku!

Originally Posted by ClassJ
I went for the Guards Red and have zero regrets.

White and yellow are two other colors where the car just looks stunning.

In silver the graphics, titanium gray trim and wheels get lost. Same with black.

Miami can look great but I could not commit to it.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by stout
Whooo. Never easy, is it?

I gotta say modern Porsches look great in Guards Red (the formula has changed 1970s/1980s > 986/996 era > now), and I was really surprised how good the Carrera T looked in GR at the U.S. launch with the gray mirrors and gray wheels (the latter pick up a hint of the GT4 launch cars). T is also very nice in White. Decisions, decisions....

To my real surprise, I also like Lava on the T and other NB Carreras—where I have zero interest in it on other models. Something about the milder body makes it work—and Lava is perhaps the most "special" color of those I like. Certainly the most unusual in the world at large. So, for me it would come down to GT Silver, White, Black (also good...but high maintenance), GR, or Lava. Three of those are "free," one is $700 (and low maintenance) and one is $3k. GR is no cost, sure to be fairly rare, a classic Porsche color, and looks great. Yeah, I might be tempted to go that way...
Thanks for your thoughts Pete et all. Definitely, GR feels more like a COMMITMENT but I'm getting the idea that REALLY suits the car. Next step is to track one down in the flesh.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:44 PM
The Pope
Holy Guru
Rennlist
Registered Pontiff

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ohniner
now which one do I take to cars and coffee......GT3 of course.
Really? Why is that?

Old 02-04-2019, 01:53 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

^Hard parker status..
Old 02-04-2019, 04:51 PM
wbrownie
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Just to pile on praise for the Carrera T I just purchased one from Tyler @ Atlanta Perimeter. It had been sitting around a while I believe because the only options were PCCB, RAS, Sport Buckets and Chrono. All I need and nothing I don't. Its a fabulous car. The styling details with the gray wheels, mirrors, graphics, exhaust tips, etc. is really cool. Plus I really wanted something I would want to drive nearly everyday.

In order to do this deal I came to the decision to sell my 2007 GT3. I had owned it since new and tracked it a few times. Over the last 5 years I put less than 1000 miles on it. It really was a special car but it was not conducive to daily driving. Too low, stiff clutch etc. Don't get me wrong I loved the car for those back road blasts but it was just a decision to go in a different direction. Also for a track beast I picked up a GT350R so that eased the pain.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:56 PM
Achtung964
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wbrownie
Just to pile on praise for the Carrera T I just purchased one from Tyler @ Atlanta Perimeter. It had been sitting around a while I believe because the only options were PCCB, RAS, Sport Buckets and Chrono. All I need and nothing I don't. Its a fabulous car. The styling details with the gray wheels, mirrors, graphics, exhaust tips, etc. is really cool. Plus I really wanted something I would want to drive nearly everyday.

In order to do this deal I came to the decision to sell my 2007 GT3. I had owned it since new and tracked it a few times. Over the last 5 years I put less than 1000 miles on it. It really was a special car but it was not conducive to daily driving. Too low, stiff clutch etc. Don't get me wrong I loved the car for those back road blasts but it was just a decision to go in a different direction. Also for a track beast I picked up a GT350R so that eased the pain.
Nice pick up. Were you able to negotiate a discount? These cars seem to be sitting on lots.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Achtung964
Nice pick up. Were you able to negotiate a discount? These cars seem to be sitting on lots.
I think if you look at the T’s that are left you’ll find that they are either bloated specs or builds that are otherwise off-putting (PDK, missing RAS, unnecessary added weight like sunroof, 18-ways, etc.) Buckets, though great looking and lightweight, have been less popular for the T than Porsche anticipated. This is likely because adding them means backseats are deleted, which is a deal-breaker for many who are Carrera shopping.

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
This thread just goes to show how damn good the 911T is.
​​​​​​​Yes indeed!
Old 02-04-2019, 05:10 PM
wbrownie
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Achtung964
Yes. Substantial in my eyes. About 10%. As Porsch noted, there are a number sitting around but with "bloated" options. I wanted PCCBs so that narrowed the field considerably.

Agree on the buckets. Since my kid is 16 he's not going in the back anyway so not a deal breaker for me.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Yes. Substantial in my eyes. About 10%. As Porsch noted, there are a number sitting around but with "bloated" options. I wanted PCCBs so that narrowed the field considerably.

Agree on the buckets. Since my kid is 16 he's not going in the back anyway so not a deal breaker for me.
Yes, not many specced with ceramics. It’s a shame as they are such a perfect fit with the T.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:42 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Congrats I've been eyeing that one for awhile.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:43 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

For those of you with the T and LWBs I had ClassicFX make a set of inserts using the T package sportex and they turned out great. I also have Crazy Eddie's bolster protector.

Quick Reply: 911 Carrera T