Sponsored by:

>> Update on GTS <<

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 10:29 AM
See U n RearView
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink >> Update on GTS <<

I made arrangements with AngelsMovingAutos to transport the GTS from West Palm Beach, FL to Sunny CA. They said they have a Transport leaving FL on Monday, and I'm hoping not to miss-the-boat.

So, since I'm a member of rennlist, I got a Discount on the cost of the Covered Trailer.

Now, here's the rub... FedEx is a day late delivering the Papers from the Dealer. They said plane broke down and they were moving packages from one plane to the other, and it will be delivered this morning by 10:30am

After the Rep. told me that I said, "Ahh, because the updates didn't reflect that, but I'm glad no one was hurt."

He started to apologize, and stopped quick. You could tell he was surprised of my concern for the Pilot instead of ragging about my very-important-package-to-me...

Anyone use AMA? They said they would call the driver when he's 2 days to CAli. I was like how about daily text updates? They said the driver's don't like to be bothered by us... I was thinking, "how about some tracking," but I didn't say anything. They were affiliated with rennlist, and they have good internet reviews.

Hopefully, we can get it all sorted before the ship sails...

Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2017, 10:35 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

In the words of dearly departed Tom Petty, “The waiting is the hardest part.” Car looks fab. Use the down time to procure some clear LED corners from Suncoast.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:49 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

There was a recall on tops and steering columns for Carmine Red cars that year. Were those taken care of? That would scare me the most with all the problems and the weeks of downtime getting parts from Germany to have it fixed since there is a waiting list.

Did you ask about this?
Old 10-19-2017, 01:05 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 263 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
There was a recall on tops and steering columns for Carmine Red cars that year. Were those taken care of? That would scare me the most with all the problems and the weeks of downtime getting parts from Germany to have it fixed since there is a waiting list.

Did you ask about this?
You lie!
Ban!!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:07 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That should have been taken care of (if true) in the CPO process but who knows? Your arriving paperwork should indicate all updates done.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:18 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by seapar
That should have been taken care of (if true) in the CPO process but who knows? Your arriving paperwork should indicate all updates done.
I was just Joshin' him.... and messing with his emotions.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:54 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

You must be a therapist. Let us know so wo can never deal with you if needed. Not funny, but unkind to say the least.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:09 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,879 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Originally Posted by See U n RearView

Now, here's the rub... FedEx is a day late delivering the Papers from the Dealer. They said plane broke down and they were moving packages from one plane to the other, and it will be delivered this morning by 10:30am
Paper delay doesn't matter, as you can't do anything with them anyway until the car arrives and you get it smogged and VIN verified.

Quick Reply: >> Update on GTS <<