Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rate my .2 GTS spec (Nov production)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 08:07 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

***October 24th Update*** I've been V250 for a few days now, so no more changes.. I forgot to share my 'final' build..
I should have the car by end of January... This is where I ended up. Would LOVE some thoughts/comments... I really don't think I left anything out... this car has a fair bit of options. Please share your thoughts!
Always best to use the 3-D viewer or you'll be missing out!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ8FSV50
Old 10-24-2017, 08:27 PM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by STKDoctor
***October 24th Update*** I've been V250 for a few days now, so no more changes.. I forgot to share my 'final' build..
I should have the car by end of January... This is where I ended up. Would LOVE some thoughts/comments... I really don't think I left anything out... this car has a fair bit of options. Please share your thoughts!

Read your build specifications very carefully. It's going to be a fabulous car.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:59 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Great build and you are really going to enjoy your 911. After much thought I also went went the Sport Design spoiler on my GTS build and am really glad that I did.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:30 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ur config is awesome but y not Turbo?
Old 10-24-2017, 10:35 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLBond
Ur config is awesome but y not Turbo?
This is Canadian pricing - it is still 2-3k under a base Turbo with zero options. I did order a Turbo, but there was some confusion @ the dealer and I ended up going w/ a NOV production GTS..Random, but I'm ok w/ it!

Originally Posted by flickroll
Great build and you are really going to enjoy your 911. After much thought I also went went the Sport Design spoiler on my GTS build and am really glad that I did.

Thanks. I agree! I saw 2 cars side by side a Miami Blue without it, and a Chalk With it... I knew right then that I 'Had to have it'. Subtle, yet good looking difference.

Originally Posted by 9ELOVIN
Read your build specifications very carefully. It's going to be a fabulous car.

Thank you!!

Last edited by STKDoctor; 10-24-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:46 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Thank you very much everyone.

Here is the updated code....and likely the final one as well?

Added RAS, Spoiler, 18 ways, and also leather back seats (grrr to s 2100$ for this option.) I think i'll leave out the bose for now... unless i remove the leather backed 18 ways and add bose which is 300$ cheaper. The buck's gotta stop at some point and at 30k in options on a GTS I think this is fair. I got 90% of what I wanted. PCCB would be overkill..

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ26KWC0

One question: PASM SPORT which comes standard (20mm lower)?

OR do I check the box that says Standard PASM (10mm lower).

Im all for comfort as I will daily drive this car... Wondering if I should check the Standard PASM box...
Beautiful spec. And a high spec at that...Wow!
I daily drive my ‘18 4 GTS with spasm and it drives really smooth. I did get FAL (tons of threads on that) and I’m happy I did but not for the reason I thought. For whatever reason I scraped more and had to angle more in my previous 991.1 than this car. I though I’d get FAL to avoid scraping. But what it’s helped me with is not having to angle the wheels in many places. It’s been convenient IMO. Best of luck. And most importantly post pics when you get it!
Old 10-24-2017, 10:49 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Oh. Last point stk doc. I got Bose and haven’t turned on my radio once (ok once to ensure it works) in 1200 miles. Rather listen to the car!
Old 10-25-2017, 12:15 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 779 Likes on 344 Posts

I should have the car by end of January... This is where I ended up

------------------------------------------------------

My spec locks on October 2nd..

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJUB9Z43

Do I need:

1) BOSE (1800 $ Canadian)

2) 18 ways? OR Can I get away with 4 way as they are the same 'style' of seats

3) White Or Carrara White Metallic! (this one is IMPORTANT as I cant decide) Would love some feedback from the P-car veterans..!

Lastly, what are your thoughts on the Painted Rear Diffuser and Sport Design Rear Spoiler.... I like both, especially the rear spoiler, but would like to hear what others think..

Rate my spec.. Please make any suggestions!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJUB9Z43
Best to use the 3D config .
You did a great job. Couple thoughts. This is obviously just my thoughts and you are asking for others thoughts which everyone will disagree with collectively so you are looking for thoughts you identify with. I like to keep the weight down but agree with the glass roof especially on a white car but 18 ways are not really necessary and add weight. I would avoid 4 wheel steering - nice feature but more weight and more complexity for stuff to break. If you are a person who just likes to drive but not really tracking (and keeping time) you won't really notice it. Avoid heated and ac'd seats if you want to keep weight down. Remember the AC system may be the best in the world. PDK is terrific and if you don't live in a stop and go traffic environment I would consider manual transmission (even though I didn't but in houston TX so....). Advantage weight down and fun factor. PDK however will deliver quicker track times (well it will help a driver do it). Just a trade off and again if you aren't keeping track times won't notice except the extra fun you are having shifting gears. You would be surprised how knocking 100 lbs (2 sacks of concrete mix in the back seat essentially) off a car will make it feel more nimble - now I need to go run a marathon.....

Lastly - love the interior - consider a grey stitch which appears white with your color combination - would really pop. Here is an example. For sure black seat belts and wrap the steering column. Personally I think the multi function steering wheel doesn't look like a sports car steering wheel - to similar to my wife's SUV - so I skipped it (oh **** here comes the hate mail). CARRARA WHITE for sure. Metallic white actually looks very light grey - nice color but my vote is the classic Carrara White. I did the sport design spoiler and it looks awesome but seems like it was an expensive option for what it is/does.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Rate my .2 GTS spec (Nov production)