Sponsored by:

DB Carbon door panel trim lining Group Buy 20% off

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 12:22 PM
SJO
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pdutta2000
Anyone installed these yet? Would love to see some post install pics and how hard the install was.
I will receive them in November. I have someone lined up to install. I will post pictures when I am done. Hope that helps.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:30 PM
Cayman7
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DB-Design-Group
Thanks very much for your interest.

We do smaller paint jobs only (for any custom wishes on our carbon parts), so directly the finished painted product we can´t deliver. But we deliver our door panel linings solution as well in ready to paint version. You could get this job managed locally from any paint shop.
Interesting for you?
thanks, can you provide pricing for these paint-ready pieces?
Old 10-24-2017, 03:47 PM
DBCarbon
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Cayman7
thanks, can you provide pricing for these paint-ready pieces?
We cut off another 10% for the ready to colour paint version as we leave off the final clear laqcuer painting steps. We still manufacture them in perfect carbon, so the final decision is not made, you could still get them painted with clear laqcuer if you decide any other way...

So $484 list price - 30% (instead of 20% special GB discount) = $339

Thank you
Old 10-29-2017, 11:45 AM
The_Hunter
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pdutta2000
Anyone installed these yet? Would love to see some post install pics and how hard the install was.
What he said... anyone do the install yet?
Old 01-17-2018, 12:27 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Hate to revive this old thread but was wondering if anyone did the install yet as well LOL

Thinking about getting these for my incoming GT3 which has the standard interior. I preferred the standard to leather for less alcantara, but not a fan that they left the trim off the doors (looks unfinished)...the only part that bugs me

I'm curious to see how they fit over the existing area, how it has held up over time, etc....
Old 01-17-2018, 12:23 PM
SJO
5th Gear

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Hate to revive this old thread but was wondering if anyone did the install yet as well LOL

Thinking about getting these for my incoming GT3 which has the standard interior. I preferred the standard to leather for less alcantara, but not a fan that they left the trim off the doors (looks unfinished)...the only part that bugs me

I'm curious to see how they fit over the existing area, how it has held up over time, etc....
I bought the whole set. DB Carbon was great to work with and the dash piece were high quality, looked great, and I had them professionally installed (I didn't want to screw up anything on the dash). They all look fantastic--very happy.

The one problem, however, is the two door pieces (to cover the metal). Those are installed by adhesive. The installers said that they could not install them and have them "look good" because the pieces are "too curved" (top to bottom) to sit flat against the underlying metal piece, and they "would need to use several layers of adhesive" to get it to stick and even then it wouldn't look good. Candidly, that was around Thanksgiving and it has gotten so cold where I live I have not taken the time to check out the situation for myself. Once the cold breaks I plan to look at it myself and see whether there is an issue or if there is some modest work around to get it to fit flush. I will report back (with pictures) once I get to that point. The stuff that is installed looks fantastic and I could not be any happier.

I hope that helps.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:09 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Originally Posted by SJO
I bought the whole set. DB Carbon was great to work with and the dash piece were high quality, looked great, and I had them professionally installed (I didn't want to screw up anything on the dash). They all look fantastic--very happy.

The one problem, however, is the two door pieces (to cover the metal). Those are installed by adhesive. The installers said that they could not install them and have them "look good" because the pieces are "too curved" (top to bottom) to sit flat against the underlying metal piece, and they "would need to use several layers of adhesive" to get it to stick and even then it wouldn't look good. Candidly, that was around Thanksgiving and it has gotten so cold where I live I have not taken the time to check out the situation for myself. Once the cold breaks I plan to look at it myself and see whether there is an issue or if there is some modest work around to get it to fit flush. I will report back (with pictures) once I get to that point. The stuff that is installed looks fantastic and I could not be any happier.

I hope that helps.
Thanks for your reply, appreciate it. My follow up question would be what "metal" are you referring to for the two door trim pieces? The standard interior door panel is just like one piece of plastic, no metal strip or trim for the DB carbon trim piece to cover, it's just like one sheet of plastic attached to the metal door. Maybe you are referring to covering up existing aluminum trim on the door panel if you opted for leather on the 991?
Old 01-17-2018, 03:16 PM
SJO
5th Gear

The silver trim piece on the door pictured above.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:17 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Ah yeah ^^^^ I won't have that issue because on the standard interior for the 991 911s its just one sheet of plastic essentially versus already having a trim piece in the door panel if you opted for a leather upgrade.

In any case thanks for your input again and keep me posted if you get around to doing the install. Very curious to see how close to OEM their product is side by side...
Old 05-02-2018, 02:42 AM
Formula1D
2nd Gear

I do want these along with a few more pieces is this 20% off deal still going? How do I get it?
Old 05-02-2018, 04:10 AM
DBCarbon
Racer

Originally Posted by Formula1D
I do want these along with a few more pieces is this 20% off deal still going? How do I get it?
Thanks very much for your interest - we still do on these for our rennlist member customers. Please PM us your entire list for an total quote and to fix your order.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:10 AM
Formula1D
2nd Gear

My email is

audiod@me.com

Cheers,

Darren
Old 05-02-2018, 10:13 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by DB-Design-Group
Thanks very much for your interest - we still do on these for our rennlist member customers. Please PM us your entire list for an total quote and to fix your order.
I missed this opportunity due to travel out of the country last fall during the same time this group by was going on. Would like to re-engage to get these CF door panels. How do I do this?
Old 05-03-2018, 04:11 AM
DBCarbon
Racer

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
I missed this opportunity due to travel out of the country last fall during the same time this group by was going on. Would like to re-engage to get these CF door panels. How do I do this?
No prob, please find an PM to fix your set!

Thanks very much
Old 06-05-2018, 10:39 PM
Lambomike58
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Carbon door trim

I would like to set of these
DB Carbon is now running an exclusive rennlist group buy for the door panel lining solution.

Upgrade your leather & non-leather door panels with our add on trim linings, comes ready to install with 3M adhesive tape.

We created those out of a mould as an 3D add on solution, against our usual full replacement products, because of two reasons:
- on the leather door panels the original trim linings are melted together with the panels, pretty hard to exchange if interior is upgraded with an carbon trim package
- on the non-leather door panels they simply don´t exist, just impressed in the material...
...the main reason for we started to develop these, non full leather interiors with OEM carbon trim lining option are delivered w/o the door panel linings in carbon.
Incomplete set from OEM side where lots of customers were upset about and asked us for an solution.

Standard we deliver them in OEM matching plain black carbon weave with highgloss finish, optional any custom weave, matt finish or primed/ready to paint in custom colour.
List price $484, special rennlist GB sale 20% off $387!

Reply on this thread to get yours now and feel free to call or PM for any questions, advice and anything else.

I would like a set of these

Installed on customer cars:

Check out our full 991 series program for the full trim lining package & everything else you can imagine:

[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: DB Carbon door panel trim lining Group Buy 20% off