Notices
991
Sponsored by:

brake rotors on 991 GTS with CL

 
Old 09-25-2017, 03:07 PM
  #1  
bart07960
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11
Default brake rotors on 991 GTS with CL

Does anyone know what is the difference (if any) between CL brake rotors and 5 lug on a 991 GTS '15? There are plenty of after market ones (Sebro, Fremax, ATE, ), but it does not specify if they will fit a CL car. Thanks!
bart07960 is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 08:08 PM
  #2  
bart07960
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11
Default

I was hoping to get some answers but I guess nobody knows
bart07960 is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 08:18 PM
  #3  
991carreradriver
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
991carreradriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,499
Default

Originally Posted by bart07960 View Post
I was hoping to get some answers but I guess nobody knows
The hat is different for CL's than 5 lug configuration. Brembo, Giro & AP make rotors for CL's to to name a few. Also if I call recall correctly, the peg's have to be changed on the GTS CL as they are part of the rotor. Hope this helps.
991carreradriver is offline  
Old 10-12-2017, 10:23 AM
  #4  
bart07960
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver View Post
The hat is different for CL's than 5 lug configuration. Brembo, Giro & AP make rotors for CL's to to name a few. Also if I call recall correctly, the peg's have to be changed on the GTS CL as they are part of the rotor. Hope this helps.
I have put these rotors side-by-side, measured the opening, aligned the 5 holes, etc. There is no apparent difference.
bart07960 is offline  
Old 10-12-2017, 03:05 PM
  #5  
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Clark-ApexPerformance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: murrells inlet, sc
Posts: 878
Default

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver View Post
The hat is different for CL's than 5 lug configuration. Brembo, Giro & AP make rotors for CL's to to name a few. Also if I call recall correctly, the peg's have to be changed on the GTS CL as they are part of the rotor. Hope this helps.
The only manufacturer making 2 piece rotors for the 991 S/GTS is Giro Disc.
AP, Brembo and PFC have nothing to offer.
The hats between the 5 lug and the CL are the same-interchangeable.
http://www.apexperformance.net/Girod...C2S_p_357.html

350MM rears are also available from Giro Disc.
__________________
Clark

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: [email protected]
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor
Clark-ApexPerformance is online now  
Old 10-13-2017, 12:38 PM
  #6  
bart07960
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11
Default

I'm tempted to create a new post about this BECAUSE I have just installed aftermarket brake rotors meant for the 5-lug version.. on the rear of my 991 GTS with CENTER LOCKS (CL) without any issues whatsoever. I bought Fremax (cheapest) just in case they do not fit and they fit perfectly even though they are apparently only for the 5-lug wheels. I assume that Sebro and other brands would also fit if the Fremax do. I understand that Giro Disc makes their rotors to fit universally on both variants of the wheels, but if there are two different part numbers from Porsche what is the difference between the CL and 5-lug discs for this car? I certainly do not see any and cannot understand why we should be limited to buying brake discs specific to CL wheels, which are offered only by Porsche or Giro Disc.
bart07960 is offline  
Old 10-13-2017, 02:58 PM
  #7  
Porsche_nuts
Super User
 
Porsche_nuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,013
Default

Originally Posted by bart07960 View Post
I'm tempted to create a new post about this BECAUSE I have just installed aftermarket brake rotors meant for the 5-lug version.. on the rear of my 991 GTS with CENTER LOCKS (CL) without any issues whatsoever. I bought Fremax (cheapest) just in case they do not fit and they fit perfectly even though they are apparently only for the 5-lug wheels. I assume that Sebro and other brands would also fit if the Fremax do. I understand that Giro Disc makes their rotors to fit universally on both variants of the wheels, but if there are two different part numbers from Porsche what is the difference between the CL and 5-lug discs for this car? I certainly do not see any and cannot understand why we should be limited to buying brake discs specific to CL wheels, which are offered only by Porsche or Giro Disc.
Porsche_nuts is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: brake rotors on 991 GTS with CL


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: