Sponsored by:

Buyer beware: My (POOR) experience with Fabspeed

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 01:09 PM
brainzito
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
FWIW, some of us have some real experience with these cars. I am sorry things didn't go as you expected but that's just the way it is sometimes. Your result certainly does not give the impression that you thoroughly researched the magnitude of the task you tried to undertake. Exhausts are not the easiest to change out the first time,especially without instructional guidance. You can encounter every problem under sun, such as sheered bolts, tight spaces and the removal of parts that are necessary and unnecessary.

There are probably no videos of the R&R, however getting under car and mentally removing it would have gone a long way to understanding the depth of the task. A shop weighed in that installed an X-pipe and they didn't seem to have much trouble on the first go round. Perhaps this task was just above your skill set, tools available etc. There is no disrespect intended, I have had plenty of jobs I started and found myself unable to complete. After a failed attempt, I always found that I learned a little bit more.

Good luck with the resolution with Fabspeed.
Don't blame the exhaust manufacturer for the PCar design.
Thanks. I appreciate your feedback
Old 09-26-2017, 01:13 PM
brainzito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
Brainzero —

Intelligent?? Look at your first “buyer beware†post. Talk about trolling too.

X-PIPE has some drone and harder to “bolt on†than imagined??? Common knowledge and common sense on the board here.

Think about it. A “buyer beware†thread because pipe has some drone and install took more than 20min and a kids screwdriver set. Look under the car!! What looks soooooo simple??

Why not call them and handle it directly instead of going on a forum witch hunt? Like what’s anyone here going to do to help you?

Wowwww man. You sure have a lot of time to keep on trolling.

No which hunt here. Called them and they didn't help. So now I'd like to make sure the next forum member interested in this product has more info than I did prior to buying it. Is that wrong, sir?

Oh and if you're so much against this thread there are plenty others to troll on...
Old 09-26-2017, 01:49 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by brainzito
Wowwww man. You sure have a lot of time to keep on trolling.

No which hunt here. Called them and they didn't help. So now I'd like to make sure the next forum member interested in this product has more info than I did prior to buying it. Is that wrong, sir?

Oh and if you're so much against this thread there are plenty others to troll on...
I’m just trying to see the big picture here. That’s it. Good luck with the next exhaust. PSE?? Keep us posted

Last edited by STG; 09-26-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:58 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

wow.. does the admin do anything around here? Not talking about the OP by the way...
Old 09-26-2017, 04:01 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,519 Posts

Originally Posted by stephen k
wow.. does the admin do anything around here? Not talking about the OP by the way...
Hey Steve, yes they do. Points is one of the 991 Forum moderators. Good guy (they all are.....not an easy job.....thankless). If you see something you don't like, just click the little red triangle under a screen name avatar, and report the post. That helps to get attention to an offending member.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:02 PM
Churchill
Three Wheelin'

Received 278 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan_G
I assume you do not wrench on cars very often if the idea of removing extra pieces in order to access the part you are actually looking to replace is such a foreign concept. That is like saying that an intake is not a bolt on modification because the packaging of the car requires you to also take off the strut tower bar, engine cover, and unbolt the alternator so you can properly access some of the bolts on the intake. It's still bolt-on. There are just a lot of bolts.
X2

I find these threads disturbing. I've never bought anything from Fabspeed and have never found their HP claims convincing, so I hold no brief for this particular company. But my goodness, OP, you need a much better reason to go on a high-traffic forum and attack a company like this ("buyer beware" - "my POOR experience"). On the installation, you didn't do your homework before buying the product and attempting to DIY the install, and it turned out you don't have the skills to do the job. That's on you, not them. And you don't like the sound. If you don't like it, ask for a refund and send it back. Or don't buy it in the first place if you couldn't hear it and satisfy yourself that you like it. But to come on here with a "buyer beware" post because you didn't make an educated purchase and now you have buyer's remorse -- you should be publicly apologizing for tarnishing a company's reputation, not complaining that you were wronged.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:50 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Churchill
But to come on here with a "buyer beware" post because you didn't make an educated purchase and now you have buyer's remorse -- you should be publicly apologizing for tarnishing a company's reputation, not complaining that you were wronged.
^^^This in a nutshell says it all.

This happens periodically on rennlist...a customer is unhappy and his only revenge is to take it out on the company by posting his problems hoping for support from the community.

Suprised fabspeed has not chimed in with their side. But I got a buck says OP learned a lesson and will research better next time.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:01 PM
brainzito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Churchill
X2

I find these threads disturbing. I've never bought anything from Fabspeed and have never found their HP claims convincing, so I hold no brief for this particular company. But my goodness, OP, you need a much better reason to go on a high-traffic forum and attack a company like this ("buyer beware" - "my POOR experience"). On the installation, you didn't do your homework before buying the product and attempting to DIY the install, and it turned out you don't have the skills to do the job. That's on you, not them. And you don't like the sound. If you don't like it, ask for a refund and send it back. Or don't buy it in the first place if you couldn't hear it and satisfy yourself that you like it. But to come on here with a "buyer beware" post because you didn't make an educated purchase and now you have buyer's remorse -- you should be publicly apologizing for tarnishing a company's reputation, not complaining that you were wronged.
Originally Posted by points
^^^This in a nutshell says it all.

This happens periodically on rennlist...a customer is unhappy and his only revenge is to take it out on the company by posting his problems hoping for support from the community.

Suprised fabspeed has not chimed in with their side. But I got a buck says OP learned a lesson and will research better next time.
The lesson I've learned is that following your reasoning, no other rennlist member would benefit from my experience. Have I known that the install is a bit more involved than a DIY weekend job, my expectations would have been quite different.
In regards to the sound comment, please take the time to read that I DO like the sound. I DO NOT however appreciate an almost constant deep, subwoofer-like drone in the cabin created by this product.

Have I bashed the company? Hey, I'm only stating the facts here. Their CS is sub-par. Work with me, don't just tell me i'm out of luck because "sound is subjective ".

These forums, as many others, are a source of information for enthusiasts like you & me. Don't patronize me, I did do my homework and read post after post, youtube videos, and spent hours online. After all, if the information I was looking for wasn't there, I trusted Fabspeed's reputation. My bad, no apologies on my end.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:48 AM
Churchill
Three Wheelin'

Received 278 Likes on 176 Posts

Have I known that the install is a bit more involved than a DIY weekend job, my expectations would have been quite different.
The thing is, it's not even a weekend DIY job. It's an afternoon job -- you just don't know how to do it. So you're blaming the manufacturer.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:35 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,230 Likes on 1,258 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
For many-many years, Rennlisters have seen this crappy customer service from Fabspeed. This, sadly, is not new. I'm always amazed that people keep buying their stuff and wacky claims. I'm equally amazed they have not been booted as a sponsor. I guess IB loves their sponsor fees.
Originally Posted by goin2drt
Exactly this. When I saw the thread title my first thought “here we go again, don’t people use the search function first”. Not the first complaint and I am sure not the last.
Did you two bother to read the complaint? I'm not doubting your claims of issues from past users, but in this case the blame is squarely on the OP for assuming he had the necessary skill to install the part.

It is up to the buyer to determine if they will be able to handle the install. How is Fabspeed supposed to qualify the skill level of every potential customer?

Bolt on for me means something I could do at home with the right tools and following instructions.
Right, if you possess the necessary skills to complete such a job....which you obviously do not.

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
FWIW, some of us have some real experience with these cars. I am sorry things didn't go as you expected but that's just the way it is sometimes. Your result certainly does not give the impression that you thoroughly researched the magnitude of the task you tried to undertake. Exhausts are not the easiest to change out the first time,especially without instructional guidance. You can encounter every problem under sun, such as sheered bolts, tight spaces and the removal of parts that are necessary and unnecessary.

There are probably no videos of the R&R, however getting under car and mentally removing it would have gone a long way to understanding the depth of the task. A shop weighed in that installed an X-pipe and they didn't seem to have much trouble on the first go round. Perhaps this task was just above your skill set, tools available etc. There is no disrespect intended, I have had plenty of jobs I started and found myself unable to complete. After a failed attempt, I always found that I learned a little bit more.

Good luck with the resolution with Fabspeed.
Don't blame the exhaust manufacturer for the PCar design.
Bingo - very well said, and on that note I think we are done here.

Quick Reply: Buyer beware: My (POOR) experience with Fabspeed