Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Protectant for Deviated Stitching

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017 | 03:09 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Default Protectant for Deviated Stitching

I had a Macan with Luxor Beige seats. I wear jeans a LOT. Over time the seats and seat stitching started turning blue from the denim dye. I could remove the blue from the leather with a leather cleaner, but the stitching was a different story and always had a blue cast to it no matter how hard I tried to clean it. I tried an automotive store full of products but could not get rid of the stain on the thread.

Fast froward and I have 911 GTS on order. It has black seats with GT Silver deviated stitching. The black won't be a problem, but the GT Silver thread will be. I would like to treat the thread when I take delivery of the car. The dealer is trying to sell me 'First Place Finish' for $499, but I am very skeptical even thought FPF offers a warranty and will clean or replace soiled interior components. Dealer told me the FPF wound up replacing a seat in a VW because it became soiled and they could not get the stain out, so if true, $499 is cheap insurance.

I would like to pretreat the thread with something before I start driving the car. What are others using for long term preventive protection? For me, Leatherique products worked the best, but even they could not get all of the blue out, however those seats were not pretreated with anything. Thanks
Old 09-13-2017 | 03:25 PM
LexVan
Banned

Tape off the leather, and spray with 3M Fabric Protector, quickly wipe off excess?
Old 09-13-2017 | 03:27 PM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Try "Scotchguard Auto Fabric and Carpet Protector" (It's mostly silicone). It's not intended for leather or plastic but will not hurt either material.

https://www.scotchgard.com/3M/en_US/scotchgard/products/all-products/~/Scotchgard-Auto-Fabric-Carpet-Protector?N=4340+3294466450+3294529207&rt=rud

Quick Reply: Protectant for Deviated Stitching