Sponsored by:

991 Rear Side Windows Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 08:35 PM
nfeduska
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 Rear Side Windows Issue

My 2013 Porsche C4S Coupe has wind noise coming from what the dealer thought was the drivers window. They replaced the driver side door seal. Turns out after further troubleshooting that it's the rear side window that's causing the wind noise at 70mph+. The car is currently in the shop having a new windshield installed by a very reputable glass company and he inspected the side windows and said there's a ton of play in them and the driver side is about to fall out and is a safety issue. When I was road testing the car with the dealer's mechanic he sat in the back seat and pushed on the left rear window to tighten the seal which solved the wind noise. But the wind noise returns when the pressure is removed from the glass.

Any other 991 coupe owners out there that have experienced similar issues with the rear side windows? I spoke with Porsche NA and there's no recall for this issue. I have calls into the dealer who I bought the CPO from and my dealer who's been servicing my car since earlier this year when I took ownership. Any suggestions on getting our friends at Porsche NA to do the right thing and correct the issue under the CPO warranty?

Cheers,

Nate
Old 09-11-2017, 09:34 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

The window is removable. For some reason, came loose. They can remove the interior trim and should be able to tighten it up. It's a one piece design with window and exterior aluminum trim attached.

Quick Reply: 991 Rear Side Windows Issue