Sponsored by:

Which function do you want to control by 'Mode Switch' knob

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Yuan Li
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Which function do you want to control by 'Mode Switch' ****

If 'Mode Switch' **** in steering wheel supported by 991.1,which function do you want to control by this switch ****?
Porsche defined 'O' as Normal drive mode,S as Sport,S+ as sport plus,'I' as individual.Center button as 20 seconds 'Sport response' active.
I developed gpsadapter.us fits new wheel to old porsche,now i'am developing 'mode switch' **** control support adapter kits.

Last edited by Yuan Li; 09-09-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:01 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Will this be bluetooth as mentioned in your other post? Or have you figured a way to interact with the rotary dial through the existing clockspring/bus?

My suggestion would be:
0 = Normal
S = Sport as defined by Porsche
S+ = Sport Plus as defined by Porsche
I = Sport Plus, PASM soft, Sport exhaust on (This is where I usually like my settings)
Center = Sport plus 60 seconds

It would be great if it would also remember last setting, so you don't have to set it to your preference every start. If it can't remember last settings, I'd almost prefer:
Center = Sport Plus, PASM soft, Sport exhaust on as it's easiest to set every time you get in the car.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:28 AM
First991
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the work you're doing is great Paul! many thanks to your contributions here.

I'm in agreement with pfbz with the settings. But center doesn't have to be 60 seconds, maybe 20 or 30 secs just to pass someone on the highway.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:45 AM
LTP
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

wow this is awesome. today I was just thinking if there is something like this in the market. look forward to it.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:26 PM
Yuan Li
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Will this be bluetooth as mentioned in your other post? Or have you figured a way to interact with the rotary dial through the existing clockspring/bus?

My suggestion would be:
0 = Normal
S = Sport as defined by Porsche
S+ = Sport Plus as defined by Porsche
I = Sport Plus, PASM soft, Sport exhaust on (This is where I usually like my settings)
Center = Sport plus 60 seconds

It would be great if it would also remember last setting, so you don't have to set it to your preference every start. If it can't remember last settings, I'd almost prefer:
Center = Sport Plus, PASM soft, Sport exhaust on as it's easiest to set every time you get in the car.
Center console drive mode status remember last mode function in the developing list.
So next generation of adapter kits can support “SWITCH MODE” control and last mode remember.

Quick Reply: Which function do you want to control by 'Mode Switch' knob