991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Placed my order - still messing with options

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017 | 02:44 PM
Scottish Pete
Racer

As you do a lot of high speed freeway/tollroad driving, you might consider PDCC, which on a straight and level road effectively disconnects the front and rear anti-sway bars giving a very smooth ride.
If you go with the dark colored dashboard on your selected two-tone interior, it is not really necessary to pay extra to cover the plastic bits around the dashboard. I have full black interior and the black plastic blends into the black leather and is not noticeable. With lighter colored leathers the plastic creates more contrast as the colored plastics in tan or red do not match the leather very well.
Every time you get in your car and see and smell the smooth leather with French seams across the dashboard and door tops, compared to the standard pebble grained vinyl . . . it makes the $4,000+ spent for full leather worth it. You enjoy it every time you drive the car.
Old 09-09-2017 | 03:21 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=shake1;14465202]If you are going to go this route, I would at least select the black center dial for the dash so you don't have the grey and 3 different colors going on (available as a free option). As far as the beige sport chrono dial, I love it on cars with beige interiors. I have it on mine but also have the dash in same color.

I didn't realize the dials were not black to begin with. What color are they?
Old 09-09-2017 | 03:38 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=wareaglescott;14465297]
Originally Posted by shake1
If you are going to go this route, I would at least select the black center dial for the dash so you don't have the grey and 3 different colors going on (available as a free option). As far as the beige sport chrono dial, I love it on cars with beige interiors. I have it on mine but also have the dash in same color.

On the "S" cars, they are a (very difficult to see in direct sunlight) grey. You can specify instrument dials in black as a no charge option but the default on S cars is the grey. I made that mistake on my first Boxster S. I forget the option #, but it's on the Configurator.
Old 09-09-2017 | 04:22 PM
shake1
Racer

[quote=wareaglescott;14465297]
Originally Posted by shake1
If you are going to go this route, I would at least select the black center dial for the dash so you don't have the grey and 3 different colors going on (available as a free option). As far as the beige sport chrono dial, I love it on cars with beige interiors. I have it on mine but also have the dash in same color.

The middle dial showing the RPMs is in Grey on the S. Rest are the same. There's a no cost option to have the middle be black as well. It's fits in better with the rest and also is easier to see in my opinion.

Watch from 26:11...Nick talks about the black dial option here.
Old 09-09-2017 | 04:23 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Originally Posted by Scottish Pete
Every time you get in your car and see and smell the smooth leather with French seams across the dashboard and door tops, compared to the standard pebble grained vinyl . . . it makes the $4,000+ spent for full leather worth it. You enjoy it every time you drive the car.
Really? 991.2 has pebble grained vinyl dash? Can someone with standard dash in 991.2 GTS chime in? Would someone even admit they have the standard interior?

I just ordered a 991.2 GTS coupe, decided to go with standard black interior. It annoys me I got full leather for free on my Cayman GTS (after Alcantara delete) but have to pay $4K extra on the 911 GTS. I figured the standard dash can't be all that bad. I assumed it's smooth. (I had a 2006 Cayman S, it had a pebbly vinyl dash, but it also had **** carpeting...)
Old 09-09-2017 | 05:18 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Here's my feedback:

I highly recommend the ventilated seats. They keep me from feeling sticky and sweaty when I get into the car after it has been parked in the sun. I will always spec them from now on.

Porsche entry and drive should be standard, but it isn't. I can't imagine not having this option.

The two options above are bundled into premium package plus which also gets you the LED headlights (which I have on both of my cars and absolutely love).

I love your red gauges and seat belts, but I'm a bit concerned about them along with a gray interior - black might be a safer choice. Who knows. Someone will post some pics, I'm sure.

I'd consider the Leather Interior i.c.w. Standard Interior option to cover the silverish trim with leather. It would make the red accents really pop.

The heated multi-function steering wheel is great - I use the controls all the time. You can also additionally select the GT Sport steering wheel - it is a slightly smaller diameter and I think it looks even better.

I have the Porsche crests on the headrests, and you know what? I never even notice them. The car is so low and the headrests are so high that they never come into my field of view.

If you need some budget adjustment, the rear-axle-steering is nice, but not critical - the car has a tight turning radius already, and I doubt that the handling improvement would be something you'd notice on your long highway commute.
Old 09-09-2017 | 05:27 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BlueNorther
Really? 991.2 has pebble grained vinyl dash? Can someone with standard dash in 991.2 GTS chime in? Would someone even admit they have the standard interior?
Standard interior on a GTS is still a pebbled black dash. Here's a photo from Fairfield Porsche of a 2018 GTS dash with standard interior.
(hotlink's dead)

So, yeah. Never order a standard interior, even on a GTS.

EDIT: Changed to an attachment, that won't go away.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Gus_Smedstad; 09-11-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-09-2017 | 05:36 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
Standard interior on a GTS is still a pebbled black dash. Here's a photo from Fairfield Porsche ...
So, yeah. Never order a standard interior, even on a GTS.
Ugh. Thanks
Old 09-11-2017 | 04:26 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Well after continuing to look at things and the suggestions in the thread I have made some changes.

remove the:
1. instrument dials in guards red
2. Sport chrono dial in guards red
3. Seat belts in guards red

Add:
1. Leather interior in black/luxor beige - $4280
2. Seat ventilation - $840
3. Instrument dials in black - $0
4. Sport chrono dial in luxor beige - $420
5. Interior leather package i.c.w. leather interior - $1100

Here is the code for the configurator http://www.porsche-code.com/PJC1MB79
Old 09-11-2017 | 06:13 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by digits
Here's my feedback:

I highly recommend the ventilated seats. They keep me from feeling sticky and sweaty when I get into the car after it has been parked in the sun. I will always spec them from now on.

Porsche entry and drive should be standard, but it isn't. I can't imagine not having this option.

The two options above are bundled into premium package plus which also gets you the LED headlights (which I have on both of my cars and absolutely love).
Not true.
Premium package gives you led interior lights.
Maybe that is what you meant, but accidentally typed something else!

Edit - I am wrong! Different Premium Packages for the different 911 models.

Last edited by BlazinPond; 09-11-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-11-2017 | 08:24 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Not true.
Premium package gives you led interior lights.
Maybe that is what you meant, but accidentally typed something else!

Looks like the LED headlights are included on the Premium package plus.

Includes:
LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
LED Headlights, Dynamic Cornering Light, Speed-Dependent Headlight Range Control, Sport Mode, High Beam Assistant.

Automatically Dimming Mirrors
Interior and side mirrors dim their reflectivity automatically when the driver could be blinded (e.g. by a following vehicle’s headlights).

Seat Heating (Front)
Electric heating of front seats with three levels of adjustment.

Seat Ventilation (Front)
Electric ventilation of front seats with three levels of adjustment.

Porsche Entry & Drive
Vehicle locking and unlocking as well as engine start without active use of the key, system comprises cabin and external antennas as well as proximity sensors in the door handles and in the front end.

Light Design Package
Dimmable ambient LED lighting in overhead console, vanity mirrors, in area of door handles, door storage compartments, rear seats, driver and passenger footwells and courtesy lighting under the side mirrors.

Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package***
Driver's seat features memory function for seating position, steering column and side mirrors as well as individual setting such as lights, wipers, climate control, door lock setting, instrument cluster and PCM (via remote). Settings can be recalled using the additional memory buttons in the door. Front seats offer electric adjustment of:

Seat backrest
Seat height
Fore/aft position
Seat cushion inclination
Seat cushion depth
Lumbar support (4-way)
NOTE:
Steering column also features electric height and fore/aft adjustment.
Old 09-11-2017 | 09:33 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Excellent move adding the leather interior. The added leather package for $1,100 isn't really necessary, maybe a nice to have. You could save money there. The key leather option (the $4,280 one in your configuration) is the one you definitely need.
Old 09-11-2017 | 09:46 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Looks like the LED headlights are included on the Premium package plus.

Includes:
LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
LED Headlights, Dynamic Cornering Light, Speed-Dependent Headlight Range Control, Sport Mode, High Beam Assistant.

Automatically Dimming Mirrors
Interior and side mirrors dim their reflectivity automatically when the driver could be blinded (e.g. by a following vehicle’s headlights).

Seat Heating (Front)
Electric heating of front seats with three levels of adjustment.

Seat Ventilation (Front)
Electric ventilation of front seats with three levels of adjustment.

Porsche Entry & Drive
Vehicle locking and unlocking as well as engine start without active use of the key, system comprises cabin and external antennas as well as proximity sensors in the door handles and in the front end.

Light Design Package
Dimmable ambient LED lighting in overhead console, vanity mirrors, in area of door handles, door storage compartments, rear seats, driver and passenger footwells and courtesy lighting under the side mirrors.

Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package***
Driver's seat features memory function for seating position, steering column and side mirrors as well as individual setting such as lights, wipers, climate control, door lock setting, instrument cluster and PCM (via remote). Settings can be recalled using the additional memory buttons in the door. Front seats offer electric adjustment of:

Seat backrest
Seat height
Fore/aft position
Seat cushion inclination
Seat cushion depth
Lumbar support (4-way)
NOTE:
Steering column also features electric height and fore/aft adjustment.
My bad guys...
I didn't realize how different the Premium Pack Plus packages are between the model lines.
Old 09-11-2017 | 10:11 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

I had no idea the Premium Package Plus varied either.

Carrera, Carrera S: $3,980, includes LED headlights.

Carrera GTS coupe: $2,160, does not include LED headlights. - this seems backward to me, you get less with a GTS? The LED headlights are a separate $2,770 option.

Turbo - package does not exist. but what it includes (dimming mirrors, seat heating / ventilation, entry & drive, light design package) aren't standard features either. You pay $2,450 if you want them.
Old 09-11-2017 | 10:22 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Some of these options are hard to understand!

I noticed today that the standard side mirrors have black bottoms. I could pay $650 to have the black part painted to match body color.
However, if I upgrade to the sport design mirrors for only $600 they are completely body color. Of course you can then pay more to get the bottom part painted black! WTF??

Quick Reply: Placed my order - still messing with options