Sponsored by:

Finalize GTS Interior

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 10:33 PM
Wimankid
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Finalize GTS Interior

Need to lock in my order for a GTS. I'm set on CR exterior color and deciding on black leather interior with GR stitching and GR dials and clock, or go with Expresso/Cognac interior with white dails and clock.

Anyone done the Expresso/Cognac with CR?

Build codes are

PJ7CD872 with GR stitching and dials

PJ9NGHF4 with Expresso\/Cognac interior

Appreciate your thoughts.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:34 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 479 Posts

i think the espresso and cognac with the GR MAY be a bit much honestly. I kind of like the idea of it for a cabriolet MAYBE but keep it sharp and sporty with the black with red stitching.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:33 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Wimankid
I'm set on CR exterior color...

...or go with Expresso/Cognac interior with white dails and clock.

Absolutely unthinkable. Red outside goes with black insides. I don't care that the Ferrari guys think it also goes with tan; that's just wrong and deep inside their hearts they know it too.

I love brown interiors -- with white, silver, gray, black, blue-gray, or green exteriors. I've owned a wonderful Porsche with GT Silver/ Cocoa combo. And I currently have a CR Porsche. So I'm not against brown nor against Carmine. Just the combination of them.

Stick with your first instinct. It's a solid one.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:56 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

I agree with the other comments. On SOME reds you can get away with a tan interior as long as you have the correct tan, however Carmine Red is not one the reds, and Espresso/Cognac is the wrong tan. Stick with black...I think you will be lots happier. If tan is what you really want Black/Luxor beige would be a better choice, but I really think CR needs black

I had a big dilemma with my CR GTS order. I too wanted CR with black and red deviated stitching, and even initiated a number of threads on RL to talk about it. It boggles my mind that Porsche does not offer CR stitching but it is what it is. So like you I started thinking I'd do Guards Red stitching, and I heard from many who said it would be fine. However other responders said it would be way too bright and I may or may not be happy with that choice. So I ultimately went with GT silver thread which will pick up the silver accents on some of the interior trim pieces. My biggest worry is it will get dirty looking. However it will be a nice subtle contrast and I won't be wringing my hands about how the GR will look when the car shows up. I wish there was a CR car close by with GR thread over black to look at, but there is not so I chickened out and went the GT Silver thread route. Another option I am considering is taking the deviated stitching out completely which will save me $5k, but I think the interior needs some contrast so will likely stick with what I have on order.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:07 AM
Wimankid
Instructor

Originally Posted by flickroll
I agree with the other comments. On SOME reds you can get away with a tan interior as long as you have the correct tan, however Carmine Red is not one the reds, and Espresso/Cognac is the wrong tan. Stick with black...I think you will be lots happier. If tan is what you really want Black/Luxor beige would be a better choice, but I really think CR needs black

I had a big dilemma with my CR GTS order. I too wanted CR with black and red deviated stitching, and even initiated a number of threads on RL to talk about it. It boggles my mind that Porsche does not offer CR stitching but it is what it is. So like you I started thinking I'd do Guards Red stitching, and I heard from many who said it would be fine. However other responders said it would be way too bright and I may or may not be happy with that choice. So I ultimately went with GT silver thread which will pick up the silver accents on some of the interior trim pieces. My biggest worry is it will get dirty looking. However it will be a nice subtle contrast and I won't be wringing my hands about how the GR will look when the car shows up. I wish there was a CR car close by with GR thread over black to look at, but there is not so I chickened out and went the GT Silver thread route. Another option I am considering is taking the deviated stitching out completely which will save me $5k, but I think the interior needs some contrast so will likely stick with what I have on order.
Thanks for all the feedback. I'll stick with the black interior, but am concerned about the GR stitching. I like the GR dials and clock and was thinking about the GT silver stitching too. What color are your dials & clock?
Old 08-28-2017, 10:34 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll stick with the black interior, but am concerned about the GR stitching. I like the GR dials and clock and was thinking about the GT silver stitching too. What color are your dials & clock?
Went with black dials, but really wanted a CR tach. For the chrono I originally had it white but changed it to black. Figured I can buy a white face from Suncoast if later on I think it needs a white face. I'm still conflicted with the chrono choice but will stick with black I think. It has enough white on it from the hands and dial markings to give good contrast.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:02 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

I have CR exterior, GR belts and stitching and fabric door pulls. I bought the car second hand and had no idea the interior wasn't CR stitching, belts etc. Until checking the Monroney sticker. I even have lots of painted CR on the inside and you simply cannot tell that the GR fabric and the CR paint don't mix.

The following users liked this post:
Charles Everson (04-25-2021)
Old 08-28-2017, 01:42 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Absolutely unthinkable. Red outside goes with black insides. I don't care that the Ferrari guys think it also goes with tan; that's just wrong and deep inside their hearts they know it too.

Stick with your first instinct. It's a solid one.
Agree 100%
Old 08-28-2017, 10:23 PM
Wimankid
Instructor

Appreciate the feedback. Planning to stick with black leather, GR dials/clock/belts and stitching,
Old 08-28-2017, 11:01 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Need to lock in my order for a GTS. I'm set on CR exterior color and deciding on black leather interior with GR stitching and GR dials and clock, or go with Expresso/Cognac interior with white dails and clock.

Build codes are

PJ7CD872 with GR stitching and dials

PJ9NGHF4 with Expresso\/Cognac interior

Appreciate your thoughts.
It's is STUNNINGLY beautiful. Porsche Orlando had a new 718 Cayman that exact combo. Striking. Do it.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:28 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zeus993
It's is STUNNINGLY beautiful. Porsche Orlando had a new 718 Cayman that exact combo. Striking. Do it.
Just looked at the Orlando Cayman. The Cognac part looks fine with CR. To me, the Espresso part not so much. I really do like the Cognac color, would look great with black as the second color. I had Espresso/Cognac in a Black 911 and it was indeed a beautiful combo. But for me, I wouldn't do that interior with a Red exterior.
The following users liked this post:
Charles Everson (04-25-2021)

Quick Reply: Finalize GTS Interior