Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooking grease

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Guzzgreg
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

bwiele Are you using the regular Oil Flo Safety Solvent or the Oil Flow Safety Solvent 141?
Old 08-17-2017, 01:22 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Guzzgreg
bwiele I'm surprised to hear you say it is safe to use on leather. Where I work they buy that stuff by the gallon and use it for cleaning everything from graffiti to that black floor adhesive. It works great but never thought to use it on my car. I will try it for tree sap. Thanks.
My neighbor last week mentioned that he was struggling to get tree sap off the window of his jeep, I scolded him for not asking me for help sooner! Very little work with the Oil Flo and it was gone. Follow up with the window cleaner and all done. I have also used it to get sap off the paint.

I'm not aware of more than one version - I'm pretty sure mine is the original and not the 141.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:26 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
This stuff took it off with zero impact to the leather.

You got very, very lucky my friend!
Just to follow up on this comment, I have used it on the leather in my Panamera and on the leather in my wife's Audi to remove pen marks from garage attendants (who are extremely careless with ball point pens in NYC) and shoe marks on the door leather and in each case there was zero damage to the leather finish. You may have had a different result at some point, but I am very comfortable using this stuff for many applications including on leather.

[Apologies to the OP for derailing your thread. But it looks like your story ended already with a happy ending so hopefully no big deal!]
Old 08-17-2017, 07:42 PM
leanofpeak
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OT, but relevant:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...wipes-science/
Old 08-17-2017, 11:49 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Strange. Then, I'd say it wasn't "grease" on your car. Or the "grease" reactive with other surface contaminants, and made the dirt more difficult to remove. The clay just “sanded” the dirt off. As designed to do.

Glad it's resolved.

That area now needs to be re-waxed, since the clay removed the coating.
Not sure what it was. I tried the detailer spray a few times and it just did not do anything but it came right off with the clay bar.

Quick Reply: Cooking grease