Targa 4 GTS....just to be a little different 😉

There's plenty of TT these days.

PF
Old 08-15-2017, 02:17 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

If you are getting PDK and AWD I can't see not getting the turbo at that build price.

If they made an MT RWD turbo I'd have it over a GT3, let alone a GTS. I would even have an MT AWD 991 TT but it would be a closer choice with the GT3. I am a unwaivering three pedal guy though. 991 TT are crazy fast and very drivable. If I was ok with PDK and AWD .... Given how spendy a Carrera gets with AWD, the jump to turbo is not much.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:47 AM
Hoof Hearted
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the Turbo. That way, it’ll make the rest of our Targa GTS’ that much rarer.

I agree with basically everyone’s comments regarding the Targa. I grew up with the whale-tail Targas & Turbos during the 80’s, but there was never one with both. When the new Targas came out a few years ago, I thought this was it. I didn’t have to worry about removing the top manually; but it still wasn’t turbo.

From that day on, I ‘Binged’ “Porsche 911 Targa” almost every single day to read reviews, new developments, and view spy shots. I didn’t have to wait long before the 4S’ came out. Was this the one I was going to buy?

Then I saw more spy shots. It was a Targa with air intakes that implied turbochargers. It was mean looking. The 2016 Targa GTS came out. The pictures didn’t match. I wanted the menacing one…so I waited.

Then the rumor: all 911s were going to have turbo-charged engines. THIS was what I had been waiting for. When the NA 2016 Targa GTS was replaced, my only decision was between the ’17 and the ’18.

Now, even after I placed my MSRP order, I still ‘Bing’ the Porsche Targa EVERY DAY for new developments. Sad, I know. But here’s where I wrap it up for you.
https://paultan.org/2017/07/18/spysh...eather-trials/

Short read, but if you want to get to the nitty-gritty, 4th paragraph. That is, if you want to wait. When I see a Turbo on the street, I think “dang, that car was expensive.” No judgment call. When I see a Targa on the street, I think the owner is unique. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Opinions on new order