passenger seat removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2020 | 09:15 AM
Catharpin
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stevensivak
what is required?

how do you do it?
On the harness you unplug you need to know which wires the computer is expecting to see a resistance (the airbag) on and what the reference ohm range is. You purchase the correct ohm/watt resistor, right ohms/resistance is more important than the watt rating as this is not a high current system. Connect the resistor to the pins/wires needing to see a resistance and the computer will think the airbag is still there and no codes will be thrown. I did this on my Corvette to disable the airbag and it worked great, I think it was a 2 ohm 1/2 watt resistor. There were only 2 wires to the airbag so it was a no-brainer which to choose. You need to know which wire/pin goes to the airbag, if when finding this info you don't find the expected ohm value you can always measure it yourself. Trick is finding out which wire(s) go to the airbag. If you search extensively I bet you can find it. If you have no clue what I just typed, you need to see a professional.
Good luck!
Old 07-23-2020 | 01:00 PM
marinb
Rennlist Member

I documented what I did when I installed buckets, including what all the wires do. Doing no-seat will be the same, except one additional trick to spoof the thorax airbag ohms/resistance.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1078...l#post16339172

Quick Reply: passenger seat removal