Sponsored by:

Just finished my first rinseless wash... wow

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 10:51 PM
mrmojom3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just finished my first rinseless wash... wow

Read about it online. Gave it a shot. So fast and easy. Did a full wash the other day, had a little rain yesterday. Did the rinseless wash. Full wash took about an hour or more. Rinseless took 20 min, and looked super clean.

I will still do a full wash from time to time, but wow rocked my car wash routine.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:35 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

No pics..... didn't happen!!! Didn't even list what you used
Old 08-10-2017, 12:02 AM
shake1
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Which product are you using? I just ordered some Optimum waterless yesterday after watching a bunch of positive reviews on youtube. I'll report back after I try.
Amazon Amazon
Old 08-10-2017, 12:02 AM
mrmojom3
Racer

I used this "kit"

http://www.autogeek.net/mckess-rinseless-intro-kit.html

Will post a couple pics tomorrow. Watch the 10 min youtube video for instructions
Old 08-10-2017, 01:45 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

I am almost embarrassed to say that I used Armor All Wash wipes to clean my GTS. I bought a pack to to try, intending on just using it to clean bug splatter off the nose but ended up using it on the whole car. Very fast. Seemed to work well.Almost too good to be true. I would love to know from any of the detail geeks if I should worry about anything using this product.

Jim
Old 08-10-2017, 06:24 AM
NF4710
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Rinseless is great. I'm a fan of Optimum No-Rinse with wax - best I've tried. If the car isn't too dirty you should try a waterless wash like Pinnacle waterless with carnuba...car can be washed in about 7 minutes. Unless the car has been in mud or hasn't been washed in months the waterless is great!

NF
Old 08-10-2017, 06:53 AM
Loft23
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using Optimum no-rinse in my garage for a long time. As long as you use multiple wash mitts and the dual bucket system, it comes out flawless. I take my car to the local gas station car wash, which is brushless and only uses high pressured water and soap to get rid of all the heavy surface grime and under carriage. I drive it home, park it in my condo garage, and finish it off with Optimum no rinse.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmojom3
Did the rinseless wash. Full wash took about an hour or more. Rinseless took 20 min, and looked super clean.

I will still do a full wash from time to time, but wow rocked my car wash routine.
With ceramic coating on the car cut that 20 minutes to 10. One swipe of the mitt takes off tar, bugs, sap, etc. for me.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:46 AM
72offsuit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If dirt level is light I rinse-less wash in the garage all the time. I prefer the "Garry Dean Method" which just involves a gallon of distilled water (no water marks) and 6-8 microfiber towels in the bucket. Each towel is folded in quarters and use all eight sides to clean, then place in the dirty pile for washing. The point is no dirt is introduced into the bucket. You Tube video if you're interested.

If your car is ceramic coated avoid rinse-less products with polymers and wax. They will not hurt the coating but change its properties temporarily to that of the product used until it wears or is washed off.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by 72offsuit

If your car is ceramic coated avoid rinse-less products with polymers and wax. They will not hurt the coating but change its properties temporarily to that of the product used until it wears or is washed off.
My dealer, Extreme Colors in Greenville, SC has Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine on his shelves and recommends it specifically. He also does all of the BMWs in the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, SC, so I don't know where this is coming from.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:32 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by shake1
Which product are you using? I just ordered some Optimum waterless yesterday after watching a bunch of positive reviews on youtube. I'll report back after I try. https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-NR201.../dp/B00D8DR0AO
Would scare me to wash without LOTS of water and soap. Let us know how it worked.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:04 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary JR
With ceramic coating on the car cut that 20 minutes to 10. One swipe of the mitt takes off tar, bugs, sap, etc. for me.
Yup. My car is Opticoated and I can do a wash with No Rinse in about 15 minutes. Stuff is awesome.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:09 PM
teambell
Instructor

How do you guys address the wheels (brake dust)?
Old 08-10-2017, 02:44 PM
72offsuit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary JR
My dealer, Extreme Colors in Greenville, SC has Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine on his shelves and recommends it specifically. He also does all of the BMWs in the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, SC, so I don't know where this is coming from.
Many sources, like I said no harm but if you have a "glass" coating apply wax will change the properties of the coating.

From Gtechniq:
Q: Can I use a wax over Gtechniq paintwork coatings?
A: You can as the wax will not damage any of our coatings. But we recommend you don't for a number of reasons. First is that if you have an extremely hydrophobic product such as EXO or C2, the wax will dull this effect. Also all our coatings are designed to prevent contaminant bonding and are non-yellowing. Wax is a soft finish into which contaminants easily bond and wax is not optically clear.

From Mike Phillips at Autogeek:

Re: What actually happens when you top a ceramic coating with a wax or sealant?

Probably nothing happens if you're using a NON-cleaning wax or sealant. In this case, the wax or sealant just coats over and sits on the surface so to speak.

Then your paint takes on the benefits, features, and characteristics of the wax or sealant until it wears off and then you get the benefits, features and characteristics of the coating.

In my opinion, applying a wax or sealant over a coating defeats the purpose of using the coating.

Depends on which coating as well I have Ceramic Pro on my car and use CarPro ECH2O it contains SiO2 which mimics the properties of CP coating. Just trying to help, general comment.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:15 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by teambell
How do you guys address the wheels (brake dust)?
Good question. I'd also like to know.

Quick Reply: Just finished my first rinseless wash... wow