Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2018 order-which steering wheel? Sport exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 11:54 AM
rwschill
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New 2018 order-which steering wheel? Sport exhaust?

I am ordering a 2018 base c2 and am confused on which steering wheel to order. Seems they have standard, multi function heated, and GT. On some builds Ihave seen both the my heated 489 and the GT 858. Any comments or
Suggestions?
Also interested if the sport exhaust is worth the $2950?
Old 08-05-2017, 12:25 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

The only thing I did not like about the smaller steering wheel was that it was harder to see the tach through the open area of the steering wheel. Other than that I really liked the way the smaller steering wheel felt in when turning in junction with the RWS.

If you plan to change the exhaust then stick with the 4 tail pipes. If not then get the sport exhaust. The aftermarket setups for the 4 tail pipes sound real good. Personally think they are better sounding that the PSE aftermarket options.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:18 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 582 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by rwschill
I am ordering a 2018 base c2 and am confused on which steering wheel to order. Seems they have standard, multi function heated, and GT. On some builds Ihave seen both the my heated 489 and the GT 858. Any comments or
Suggestions?
Also interested if the sport exhaust is worth the $2950?
I ordered the multi-function steering wheel. The GT is a little smaller but has exposed screws that I don't like. Some like it.
I did not get the PSE because I don't like the look and I don't care for all the backfiring sounds in sport mode. Depends upon what you like.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:29 PM
mchu168
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just ordered my 991.2 a few weeks ago. Was thinking about deleting PSE but then decided what the heck its a sports car so it might as well be a little noisy. Also, you can turn it off, and it sounds pretty much like a non-PSE car. As far as the look of the center pipes, that's completely personal preference so up to you.

I also got the smaller wheel, again because why not. Also because I ordered the car, I decided I wanted to personalize it a little to make it mine.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:41 PM
cug
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the MF steering wheel, personally I find it a great compromise, okay to use with the in-cluster display and in colder times I'll appreciate the heating.

Regarding PSE, I didn't like the looks as I prefer the dual exhaust per side. Given that I have a C2 I ordered the black dual exhaust tips. Very happy with my choice, I don't like loud cars and that's putting it very, very mildly. Even with the valves closed the PSE is louder than the standard exhaust, therefore, again I'm happy with my choice.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:44 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 611 Posts

Like the size of the GT wheel, as it's a bit more sporting, but so not like the bolts—and it only comes with black outer spokes and, apparently, a black airbag module with some interior colors. May work better with some setups than others. Doesn't look good with Espresso to these eyes, for instance. Something to watch out for on the configurator, then make your own call. Both wheels are great.

Exhaust is very personal—some have to have PSE. Some do not. All depends on how you like the visuals and how loud you like your Porsches.

Quick Reply: New 2018 order-which steering wheel? Sport exhaust?