Sponsored by:

Lid Liner

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 01:07 PM
Cay911
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default It might fit snug.....

I never said it did not fit snug especially around the top. But I can assure you that it is eating up cargo space even in your model. Yes, I am sure it works great against spills and loading and unloading grocery bags. I can see the value of just grabbing the bin like a laundry basket full of groceries for transport into the home but for my purpose and maybe few other peoples it just eats up too much of what is already very little space. It is my DD, but I have a Cayenne S for heavy lifting and winter driving. But for taking off and traveling the Turbo will be our transportation.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:22 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,184 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by Cay911
I installed a Hood Liner in my 2016 Turbo Cab and the fit and finish is very good. Though I am very careful of how I pack the "Frunk" I see this as a worthwhile insurance investment.

I also bought the "Frunk" liner "bin" from Suncoast and I am very disappointed with it. Not only does it bevel in from top to bottom eating up usable space it actually takes away real-estate from all four sides!

This car will be used for cross country travels and yearly trips to Florida. Seeing that my wife and I are experts at fitting most of our needs into a few carry ons with the bin installed only one carry on fits. With out the bin I can stack two loaded carry ones in the Frunk with out any problems. Of coarse we can use the back seat open or closed but I rather store my luggage up front.

II talked to Sun Coast about this and they had no idea about "space usage" but are wiling to give me a refund minus a 25% restocking fee plus shipment. I am trying to negotiate these fees.

Cay911
25% restocking fee is just ridiculous! That stupid (imho) bin is so overpriced to begin with! I use one of those Walmart plastic storage bins that does essentially the same thing. Because it is little smaller and does not fit snugly, I am able to fit some small items behind the bin. But back to the restocking fee, hope you can get that removed, after all you are paying for return shipping which probably not cheap because of the size.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:52 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,030 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Cay911

I also bought the "Frunk" liner "bin" from Suncoast and I am very disappointed with it. Not only does it bevel in from top to bottom eating up usable space it actually takes away real-estate from all four sides!

Cay911
I bought the Weathertech liner. It is only about 5 inches tall, so enough to protect the bottom of the frunk and catch any spills. It fits snugly, and does not take away any room.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:57 PM
Cay911
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

I have Weather Tech Floor liners in my CayenneS and in my wife's BMW. Great product and Company. I will look into it, Thank you!

Originally Posted by bkrantz
I bought the Weathertech liner. It is only about 5 inches tall, so enough to protect the bottom of the frunk and catch any spills. It fits snugly, and does not take away any room.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:38 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Great idea, but the website only has one for a rear drive car. I expect it won't fit a 4s or AWD turbo.
Old 05-23-2022, 11:08 PM
hoon park
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up i ordered with discount code sujested by members!

Great deal with good information!
Thank you everyone !!!

Ordered one just now, I use Code-RF14 for 15% discount:
The following users liked this post:
Cay911 (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 01:12 AM
z168
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by hoon park
Great deal with good information!
Thank you everyone !!!

Ordered one just now, I use Code-RF14 for 15% discount:
+1

Thanks
Old 05-30-2022, 02:44 AM
z168
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by z168
+1

Thanks
Hmm no order update after a whole week. Must. Be. Patient.

Quick Reply: Lid Liner