Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please critique another 991.2 GTS order!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017 | 11:56 AM
deichenb
Instructor

Originally Posted by RODOLFO04
Love it

love the exterior

love the interior

will just keep the black accents in the doors GTS

and the black headlight washers

great looking car

congrats
Thank you! Devil's in the details. Those are great suggestions - I'll try them on the 3D configurator.
Old 07-30-2017 | 12:59 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Everything about your selection conveys power, excitement, and pizazz. Except for the interior leather. To me, it conveys the opposite of all that.

Brown, by itself, is a bit of a boring color, to begin with. A Wall to wall brown interior is, to me, an underwhelming choice.
Old 07-30-2017 | 01:09 PM
deichenb
Instructor

Originally Posted by fuddman
Everything about your selection conveys power, excitement, and pizazz. Except for the interior leather. To me, it conveys the opposite of all that.

Brown, by itself, is a bit of a boring color, to begin with. A Wall to wall brown interior is, to me, an underwhelming choice.
Thanks for the commentary! What interior color would you pick (that isn't black)?
Old 07-30-2017 | 02:26 PM
RODOLFO04
Racer

Some daring interior colors would be sport text chalk and blue

or expresso cognac

but I believe the brow you are choosing may also look good for the dark/earth color trendy look you are going for

perhaps some grey deviated stitching may help, to steer things arround on the interior

anyways it looks stunning
Old 07-30-2017 | 02:47 PM
deichenb
Instructor

Originally Posted by RODOLFO04
Some daring interior colors would be sport text chalk and blue

or expresso cognac

but I believe the brow you are choosing may also look good for the dark/earth color trendy look you are going for

perhaps some grey deviated stitching may help, to steer things arround on the interior

anyways it looks stunning
Yes I agree that chalk/blue would be daring. I've seen that combination on a GBM car and it's quite nice, but near-white drives me crazy on a DD.

I agree that dev stitching will help - I have GT Silver extended dev stitching in the build. That will certainly brighten up the Espresso.

Thank you for the compliment! I think it will be stunning too.
Old 07-30-2017 | 03:06 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

DeichenB, if it actually looks like the pics in the configurator I think it will be stunning. The most elegant looking Porsche I ever owned was a Boxster S in GTSiver/Cocoa, and I think Espresso is better looking than Cocoa. Graphite is such a grey blue that it works really well with the Espresso. I think you've hit a homerun.

Plus, the Google doesn't seem to think such a car exists on Planet Earth, as I can't find a single picture. So you have that going for you as well!

Old 07-30-2017 | 03:28 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ENCT
Just curious why more people don't go with the PCCB's? Highly optioned cars with intricate wheels deserve this option. It has become the best part of my car.
Eric
Agree. I have PCCBs on one of my P-cars and regular brakes on the other - for me, every new Porsche from now on will have PCCBs.
Old 07-30-2017 | 03:37 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

I LOVE this build. Repeat: LOVE IT.

But you asked for feedback, so here's some suggestions:

Add "Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel" in addition to the "GT Sport Steering Wheel" you've selected. You can have both. I use the steering wheel controls every single day.

"Brushed Aluminum Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior" as well as "Pedals and Footrest in Aluminum" cry out for "Gear Lever in Brushed Aluminum" instead of "Gear Lever in Carbon Fiber"

Consider "Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather with Stitching in Deviated Thread" since it seems a shame to have all the beautiful leather and leave the seat backs untouched.

"Seat Belts in Silver Grey" might tie in with the deviated stitching nicely.

If you plan to do frequent highway driving, consider "Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)"

I have the Burmester sound system in one car and Bose in the other. I don't feel that the Burmester is worth its premium price tag. I'd put that $ into PCCBs.

Fantastic build no matter what - you will love it.

Last edited by digits; 07-30-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2017 | 03:43 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
Color is personal so with that said the graphic blue outer and brown interior....then with white dials.....no way....fugly to me. Plus white dials are distracting when you need to quickly look at a gauge.
Yes, color is so very personal - pick what appeals to you. I think the graphite blue and espresso work together as a combo, other folks will disagree.

All of the gauge colors other than black seem to make the cutouts for the indicator lights visible even when not illuminated. For that reason, although I'm always tempted, I'll always stick to the black gauges.
Old 07-30-2017 | 03:51 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deichenb
Thanks for the commentary! What interior color would you pick (that isn't black)?
It's not just about the color when you are talking about the natural leather interior. I met with my sales rep regarding a PTS order just last week and while at the dealership I was able to see and touch a sample of the natural leather. It's different than the other leather interiors - it's rich and soft and supple and I am without a doubt ordering it. It's going to be hard to find a car on the lot with natural leather, but you can definitely check out the samples before you decide.
Old 07-30-2017 | 03:58 PM
deichenb
Instructor

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
DeichenB, if it actually looks like the pics in the configurator I think it will be stunning. The most elegant looking Porsche I ever owned was a Boxster S in GTSiver/Cocoa, and I think Espresso is better looking than Cocoa. Graphite is such a grey blue that it works really well with the Espresso. I think you've hit a homerun.

Plus, the Google doesn't seem to think such a car exists on Planet Earth, as I can't find a single picture. So you have that going for you as well!
Thank you for the encouragement and thumbs up - and that is a beautiful combination on that Boxster! I actually almost decided to get GT Silver - it's so much more appealing to me than Rhodium - but I'm favoring the GBM since it's a touch more "colorful." But that's precisely what I'm hoping for: an elegant and highly unique car without resorting to wildly vivid combinations, that I can enjoy every day.
Old 07-30-2017 | 04:02 PM
deichenb
Instructor

Originally Posted by digits
Agree. I have PCCBs on one of my P-cars and regular brakes on the other - for me, every new Porsche from now on will have PCCBs.
Thank you - another vote for PPCB's. I will continue to consider these.

I LOVE this build. Repeat: LOVE IT.

But you asked for feedback, so here's some suggestions:

Add "Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel" in addition to the "GT Sport Steering Wheel" you've selected. You can have both. I use the steering wheel controls every single day.

"Brushed Aluminum Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior" as well as "Pedals and Footrest in Aluminum" cry out for "Gear Lever in Brushed Aluminum" instead of "Gear Lever in Carbon Fiber"

If you plan to do frequent highway driving, consider "Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)"

I have the Burmester sound system in one car and Bose in the other. I don't feel that the Burmester is worth its premium price tag. I'd put that $ into PCCBs.

Fantastic build no matter what - you will love it.
Good ideas, and thank you. I think I'll add the MF wheel. I've hear from several people now on- and off-line that it's useful every day.

Yes, color is so very personal - pick what appeals to you. I think the graphite blue and espresso work together as a combo, other folks will disagree.

All of the gauge colors other than black seem to make the cutouts for the indicator lights visible even when not illuminated. For that reason, although I'm always tempted, I'll always stick to the black gauges.
Yes, I think I am going to revert to black gauges. Maybe with a Guards SC. (Or Yellow SC if I spring for the CCB's.)

It's not just about the color when you are talking about the natural leather interior. I met with my sales rep regarding a PTS order just last week and while at the dealership I was able to see and touch a sample of the natural leather. It's different than the other leather interiors - it's rich and soft and supple and I am without a doubt ordering it. It's going to be hard to find a car on the lot with natural leather, but you can definitely check out the samples before you decide.
I agree! That's one of the major reasons why I like the Espresso. I saw a Cayenne with Espresso/Cognac at the dealer, and the Natural Leather feels so much softer and thicker than the regular leather.
Old 07-30-2017 | 04:40 PM
golden1911
Instructor

firstly, super unique build! The ext colour is personal, so I am not going to comment on that.

1. consider not getting the PDSL+.. with your build looking a bit retro and classic, i would get the normal headlights.
2. headlight cleaning system painted - why not change this back to black and save 300? it actually matches the rest of the black bits .
3. I would change the designation on the back... maybe just to 911 or Porsche.
4. i dont like the white dials - i think it would look better black (and it'll match your seatbelts)
5. i agree with everyone on the gear lever... no CF there!
6. I would 100% put the back of the seats in leather. I have this option now and it looks sick.

Would consider going Chalk on the exterior?
Old 07-30-2017 | 04:42 PM
golden1911
Instructor

oops, i see you have the door sills already, my mistake
Old 07-30-2017 | 04:53 PM
deichenb
Instructor

Originally Posted by golden1911
firstly, super unique build! The ext colour is personal, so I am not going to comment on that.

1. consider not getting the PDSL+.. with your build looking a bit retro and classic, i would get the normal headlights.
2. headlight cleaning system painted - why not change this back to black and save 300? it actually matches the rest of the black bits .
3. I would change the designation on the back... maybe just to 911 or Porsche.
4. i dont like the white dials - i think it would look better black (and it'll match your seatbelts)
5. i agree with everyone on the gear lever... no CF there!
6. I would 100% put the back of the seats in leather. I have this option now and it looks sick.

Would consider going Chalk on the exterior?
Thank you - I appreciate the well-organized list!

1. I was adding PDSL+ primarily for the black pods for the headlights, to match the rest of the black bits on the car.
2. This is a good thought, especially with the black everywhere else on the GTS. I will consider it; but painting them body color does de-complicate the front a smidge. I am curious for others' thoughts on this detail.
3. I've always loved the Porsche scrip, as far back as G-series Carreras that I lusted after when I was a young guy. I know it's clean without the script, but I do love it.
4. Agreed - I am going to switch out the dials.
5. This is also worthy of consideration. Any votes (other than me) out there to keep the shifter CF?
6. I originally had this in the build, but the interior on the 3D configurator looked much darker without the silver backs. I like the "pop" from outside the car with the silver back, especially with the Espresso. Any other comments on leather backs?

Quick Reply: Please critique another 991.2 GTS order!