Sponsored by:

HRE Wheels | POLISHED IS BACK!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 01:35 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default HRE Wheels | POLISHED IS BACK!

For over 30 years, HRE Wheels has been producing some of the world's finest and most iconic wheels in the automotive industry. Continually a leader in style and substance, HRE would like to reintroduce a classic favorite, the Polished finish. With 25 standard polished colors and endless custom options, HRE is still the market leader in polished wheels combining stunning design and engineering. We are the #industrystandard.

McLaren 570s with Polished Clear P207 Wheels

Polished Purple P201 Wheels

Thanks for taking a look! We'll post up more examples of our Polished options soon!
Old 07-25-2017, 02:56 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Being HRE's largest dealer in the world, nobody is more excited than us to have the Polished finish officially back!

Feast your eyes on these HRE's S204's with Polished Clear Centers and Polished Red Outer Lips as well as the Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Convertible that they were installed on.

Be sure to PM us for more information

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 07-27-2017, 04:29 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,879 Likes on 1,359 Posts

I've had my HRE's on my 991 for over three years, now. While not as bold as these polished ones, I enjoy them in a slightly coated finish, just enough to delay the brake dust look you get on a bright silver wheel. I've had a lot of custom wheels over the years, Fikse, BBS, etc, and HRE's are my favorite by a wide margin. This is my second set of HRE's, had a set on my Aston Martin as well. Yes, they're expensive - but you're diving an expensive car. The quality is readily apparent in the build, the tire guys say they rarely see any wheel that runs out as true on the balancer machines, and even though I've careful, the unavoidable pothole strike now and then does not bend the wheel, they're extremely strong. Wheels Boutique is where I bought mine as well - they will do a nice job for you. Here's a photo of mine at 3 years of running on the car. I'd buy another set in a heartbeat.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:45 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
I've had my HRE's on my 991 for over three years, now. While not as bold as these polished ones, I enjoy them in a slightly coated finish, just enough to delay the brake dust look you get on a bright silver wheel. I've had a lot of custom wheels over the years, Fikse, BBS, etc, and HRE's are my favorite by a wide margin. This is my second set of HRE's, had a set on my Aston Martin as well. Yes, they're expensive - but you're diving an expensive car. The quality is readily apparent in the build, the tire guys say they rarely see any wheel that runs out as true on the balancer machines, and even though I've careful, the unavoidable pothole strike now and then does not bend the wheel, they're extremely strong. Wheels Boutique is where I bought mine as well - they will do a nice job for you. Here's a photo of mine at 3 years of running on the car. I'd buy another set in a heartbeat.

Very well said. We appreciate the kind words. Yours is still looking incredible.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:46 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

I really like those - seems like an homage to redline tires on the TR6.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:53 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by drcollie

Your wheels look like they're brand new so you must have been keeping them clean for those 3 years! I appreciate the kind words! It's comments like this which bring a smile to our face and remind ourselves why we strive to be the best, so thank you very much, truly.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:51 AM
WCE
User

Received 177 Likes on 86 Posts
Question

Have to admit I am partial to the flashy look of polished wheels.
I am curious how the refinishing process would work in the event of curb rash or after accumulating clear coat chips from many miles of use?
Old 07-28-2017, 09:56 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

What is the finishing process for the "polished finish"?
Old 07-28-2017, 12:14 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WCE
Have to admit I am partial to the flashy look of polished wheels.
I am curious how the refinishing process would work in the event of curb rash or after accumulating clear coat chips from many miles of use?
There are so many variables involved it's not easy to give you a clear cut answer because it really depends on the level of damage done. As long as the damage isn't too severe there shouldn't be a problem stripping it all down again and re-polishing the wheel. If it's a small nick or scratch, polishing/buffing out the wheel may be an option but again,
it's case by case so I don't want to give a blanket answer for all potential damage that could be caused from curbing or similar.

Originally Posted by STG
What is the finishing process for the "polished finish"?
Check out the video to see how it's all done!
Old 08-01-2017, 01:29 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Here's a P101 in Polished Clear!
Would you run a Polished look?

Quick Reply: HRE Wheels | POLISHED IS BACK!