Sponsored by:

To All Carmine Red Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 09:44 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by CliffJumper RS
I normally don't like black wheels and accents, but a Carmine Red GTS that used park by my apartment was absolutely beautiful. It's much better than Guards red IMHO. I'd normally never buy a red Porsche, but Carmine Red has changed that for me (particularly with the black wheels and accents).
I’m a little different as I don’t care for black wheels which is just personal taste. I’m in the process of ordering a new 991.2 and I really want a GTS, but I don’t care for the 2 black wheel options, including I don’t want centerlocks. They offer Carrera S wheels in gloss black or silver. Personally I think silver wheels on a GTS would be wrong, but that’s just me, and possibly they’d look ok in person. However Platinum Satin would be just right for me, but they are not offered. Anyone know of a way to get Platinum Satin on a factory GTS build?
Old 07-24-2017, 10:19 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
I’m a little different as I don’t care for black wheels which is just personal taste. I’m in the process of ordering a new 991.2 and I really want a GTS, but I don’t care for the 2 black wheel options, including I don’t want centerlocks. They offer Carrera S wheels in gloss black or silver. Personally I think silver wheels on a GTS would be wrong, but that’s just me, and possibly they’d look ok in person. However Platinum Satin would be just right for me, but they are not offered. Anyone know of a way to get Platinum Satin on a factory GTS build?
Perhaps you would be able to through Exclusive. I know that a couple guys were able to get 991.1 GTS with "unavailable" wheels that way. One got the standard CLs but painted GT Silver instead of black. The other got Turbo S CLs (polished spoke faces). Both had to wait a long time.

I didn't want to wait so I ordered with the standard satin black CLs. Then I had them professionally painted GT Silver. Looked fantastic and held up great for the year I owned it. But I originally wanted them to be Platinum Satin and tried like crazy to track down the paint code and formula. Not an easy task:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9182...b5-wheels.html

Of course, with 5-lugs the sky's the limit with the aftermarket also; you could order a set of HREs or other wheels in the exact finish you want, order your car, and have your wheels/new tires at the dealership when your new car arrived. That way you could at least sell your OEM wheels/tires as "brand new, zero miles."
Old 07-24-2017, 10:30 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

re: Carmine. After hardly ever seeing a Carmine Red anything in the wild, I enjoyed being on track yesterday at the same time with 2 other CR GT4s at Road Atlanta.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:35 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeearly
Not a 991 ... but my Cayenne S is Carmine Red and I love it....

To me, this is Carmine Red. The pics OP posted at the top look more like Guards. There is a bit of burgundy in it for sure.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:36 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Be different! Look on HRE site. They have some very cool wheels and can do virtually any color.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:52 AM
KWP1911
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
re: Carmine. After hardly ever seeing a Carmine Red anything in the wild, I enjoyed being on track yesterday at the same time with 2 other CR GT4s at Road Atlanta.
Was it a NASA event? If not, who?
Old 07-24-2017, 12:08 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

JustTrackIt.com. They run a very good track weekend for a reasonable price. All the time you'll want on track.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:07 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Carmine Red is my favorite Red.

However, I would not pass up a PTS option for a standard color. Good Luck!
Old 07-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Fred V
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My exterior color search is over. I have seen enough photos and my dealer supplied color sample out in the full sun,and the color is absolutely gorgeous. Carmine it is. Now on to the interior. Black, black with red deviated stitching and red belts, or Luxor Beige/Black. Leaning to one of the black choices.
We had a 991.2 carmine red GTS with the GTS interior package, matching seatbelts/sports chrono clock/cluster gages and it was absolutely gorgeous. It's just enough red for a good contrast but not too much to get tired of it
Old 07-24-2017, 06:47 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Of course, with 5-lugs the sky's the limit with the aftermarket also; you could order a set of HREs or other wheels in the exact finish you want, order your car, and have your wheels/new tires at the dealership when your new car arrived. That way you could at least sell your OEM wheels/tires as "brand new, zero miles."
Originally Posted by 911boy
Be different! Look on HRE site. They have some very cool wheels and can do virtually any color.

Definitely this. So many style options with HRE not to mention all the finish options and the ability to pick your own widths and offsets. The combinations are almost infinite.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 07-25-2017, 09:31 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

991.2 C4S
I had all the trim covered in black leather with only the vent trim in Carmine red for a very subtle but throughly enjoyable interior.-Richard
Attached Images   
Old 07-25-2017, 11:25 AM
tango131
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by budrichard
991.2 C4S
I had all the trim covered in black leather with only the vent trim in Carmine red for a very subtle but throughly enjoyable interior.-Richard
NICE. Btw, Bud, I'm fairly certain I saw you at Road America at the last PCA DE. I think I was at the
same paddock row as you a few cars over. Next time I'll pop by to say hi.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:40 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fred V
We had a 991.2 carmine red GTS with the GTS interior package, matching seatbelts/sports chrono clock/cluster gages and it was absolutely gorgeous. It's just enough red for a good contrast but not too much to get tired of it
A photo would be fantastic!
Old 07-25-2017, 08:34 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

HERE IS MY CARMINE RED.......I know you don't like Center locks....but they look good on tis GTS.... Never looks Burgandy!

Carmine Red is a Great Color!
Old 07-26-2017, 12:08 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Werks 1
HERE IS MY CARMINE RED.......I know you don't like Center locks....but they look good on tis GTS.... Never looks Burgandy!

Carmine Red is a Great Color!
That car is awesome!

Have a deal worked out with dealer for a C2S Coupe with early Oct production. Gonna be Carmine Red. Don’t mind centerlocks so much, it’s mostly the wheel options Porsche offers for the GTS.

Quick Reply: To All Carmine Red Owners