Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Don't sell your GTS"

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 11:15 AM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ANY PORSCHE IS GREAT!!!!! I love my TARGA 4 GTS..... 991.1...... I am sure the .2 is just as nice.......
Old 10-24-2018, 11:42 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
My bad, all of the GT3s I have seen have the limited adjustment seats. As it is usually stated in most threads, to each their own but I cannot live with a fixed roof car.
I totally get that, if the GT3 came with a sunroof option I would check that box every time. I use my sunroof all the time in my cars that have them, and I drive with the top down in my GTS cab all the time. I'm fortunate enough that I can keep the GTS cab and the GT3, but I will readily admit that it is a bummer to drive a fixed roof coupe sometimes. I can open the windows, but it's not the same.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:06 PM
BLAM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Right, my bad. A 215 lb guy on the rear deck and a 85 lb sack of potatoes in the trunk. Still not a pretty picture .~)
Old 10-24-2018, 12:28 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by BLAM
Right, my bad. A 215 lb guy on the rear deck and a 85 lb sack of potatoes in the trunk. Still not a pretty picture .~)
Have you ever driven one? If not you may be surprised. There are a lot of other sports cars that are much heavier so let's not forget that...the Targa is still a fast car that handles great, especially with RAS.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:42 PM
BLAM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, I did two test drives before ordering my coupe, one extended drive in some nice twists. Amazing how well the car handles considering the extra weight, but the 2WD coupe was just better on the same roads by a fair margin. Agree that most of the time the car is not pushed hard enough to notice the difference, but when pushed the coupe wins easily. I love the look of the Targa, especially the .2 with the black hoop to match the black accents of the GTS. On the .1 the lower suspension was not available on the Targa or Cab, not sure if the same is true for the .2. The lower car feels more agile for sure.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:10 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by BLAM
Yes, I did two test drives before ordering my coupe, one extended drive in some nice twists. Amazing how well the car handles considering the extra weight, but the 2WD coupe was just better on the same roads by a fair margin. Agree that most of the time the car is not pushed hard enough to notice the difference, but when pushed the coupe wins easily. I love the look of the Targa, especially the .2 with the black hoop to match the black accents of the GTS. On the .1 the lower suspension was not available on the Targa or Cab, not sure if the same is true for the .2. The lower car feels more agile for sure.

the first targa I drove was a 2016 GTS, and I thought it wasn’t a good replacement for my 2016 GTS Coupe. When I drove the 991.2 with PDCC, I was pleasantly surprised. The lower end torque coupled with pdcc made it feel more spritely, and on par w my 991.1 GTS Coupe. The bloated feel disappeared. At least that was my experience...
Old 10-24-2018, 08:19 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
A GT3 would be my last choice since the seats are terrible and you cannot even get it with a sunroof...I need my sports cars to be open at least a little. And I could care less about the extra weight since I (and most others) will rarely track it, if at all, and the extra ponies in the Targa GTS make the extra weight disappear. Besides, the looks alone make any extra weight insignificant.
You can get the sofa seats (18 way etc) in a GT3. The seats I believe you've seen are the light weight bucket seats and only adjust back and forth and up and down...the seat back doesn't adjust. These are perfect for the GT3 and any track or autocross use as they hold you in way better. I had them in my 2012 GTS....my 2017 has the sofa seats and I miss having the buckets. I don't really daily my GTS...more of a weekend car and track use a few times a year.

Ive been thinking a lot about my next Porsche...will it be the GT3 I've always wanted with buckets....or will I get a Turbo S? I love the the 911 for its track ability and not too much into making it a luxury softer 911....however as I get older and track less and less...I keep thinking maybe the Turbo S with 18 ways is the way to go.....hummm....
Old 10-24-2018, 09:36 PM
cpbmd
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
Any argument with your 911 should always result in cutting loose on the road.

I have a .1 GTS Cab and I have been thinking a lot about getting a GT3 as a replacement. Not that I have an allocation but just thinking about the preference.

I have decided that I need to switch off the "what's next" car and just enjoy the perfection that is the 991.1 GTS Cab.

Top up, Top down. On the back roads, highway or track. Solo, or taking the kids on a joy ride or on Saturday date nights with my wife, there is really nothing lacking in this all around sports car. It never feels underpowered, sounds great, stunning looks but understated when compared to an exotic.

If it holds its value well or not, or one day appreciates it won't matter that much because it delivered the value I wanted it to when I originally bought it and then some,
Well said. That’s how I view my 991.1 C2S. I bought it 6 months ago and already put 4000 miles in it.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:44 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Love mine. Need I say more than this?

Old 10-24-2018, 09:51 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbmd

Well said. That’s how I view my 991.1 C2S. I bought it 6 months ago and already put 4000 miles in it.
^ Spot on guys...picked my .1 C4S up back in July and put just over 5,000 miles on it and feel much the same. Got to turn off that "next thing" monkey.

Quick Reply: "Don't sell your GTS"