Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

2018 Turbo S configuration help

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 10:59 PM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice build. My key suggestion would be to paint the side skirts and rear, bottom fascia to match paint color. I feel like the car is incomplete without them painted.

Here's pics of mine for reference on a few points called out above: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8991...on-in-132.html

Last edited by Mister_Yogi; 04-24-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:21 AM
ericparent
AutoX

Originally Posted by TTSPete
your theme is along the same lines as mine. I went with the German Flag colors. I love the yellow gauges. I have received more compliments on them than anything else on the car. They light up black at night.

As far as the the stitching, it looks really great but I chose not to. I had an M3 with it and my experience it gets dirty over time.

Nice build.
I think I'll keep the yellow sports chrono after seeing your car
Old 04-25-2017, 12:23 AM
ericparent
AutoX

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
Nice build. My key suggestion would be to paint the side skirts and rear, bottom fascia to match paint color. I feel like the car is incomplete without them painted.

Here's pics of mine for reference on a few points called out above: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8991...on-in-132.html
Mister_Yogi, I'm very torn between Carmine red and Guards red. What made you choose carmine over guards red? I feel like carmine will look better in the day (less orange-y) and guards red will look better at night/late evening (brighter)
Old 04-26-2017, 10:23 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

I'm a no-sunroof fan. Dealers tell you that it will hurt resale, but I have not found that to be the case at all. I stay away from gloss black exterior trim because I track this car and the black paint is not going to be happy. I do like Carmine Red!
Old 04-26-2017, 10:37 AM
Mister_Yogi
Instructor

Originally Posted by ericparent
Mister_Yogi, I'm very torn between Carmine red and Guards red. What made you choose carmine over guards red? I feel like carmine will look better in the day (less orange-y) and guards red will look better at night/late evening (brighter)
I was as well (plus Lava Orange). What swayed me over to Carmine was seeing them side by side. Guards Red looked red until it was put next to Carmine. Comparing Lava to either, made Lava look very flat, and almost dull, to me.

I love the pure, deep red of Carmine. There really isn't much like it out on the roads. I agree that Carmine is the winner in the daytime. While, Guards will definitely be brighter at night, there's something magical about Carmine as it dances with the night lights.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:56 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCA4N77

My try at your build mate!
Old 04-26-2017, 08:08 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slink
I ordered it with no sunroof. Less weight on the highest part of the car as a bonus.
I simply told them to take the whole damn top off...
Old 04-26-2017, 09:04 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,207 Likes on 2,716 Posts

I had carmine on my previous GT4. It's a beautiful red and has a deeper, richer look to it. I do like Guards red - it is a sportier looking color with it's orange undertone, but Carmine is just flat out gorgeous. Zero regrets with that choice. Went a completely different direction w/my TT and chose Night Blue for this one.

Personally, I'd add deviated stitching. I got mine in Pebble grey and it's awesome in person - subtle, but adds just enough "pop" to the interior. Do note, however, that you really need to get the whole interior deviated for it to look right. Figure ~$4000 for this.

Glass sunroof really is worth the addition. Weight is minimal and it makes the interior feel more airy. This is one of those options that probably makes a difference in resale (if that matters to you - which it probably shouldn't).

The illuminated sill is worth considering. I also chose this and I'm really glad I did. Super cool in person.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:10 PM
ericparent
AutoX

Thank you everyone, l really appreciate all the feedback you guys have given me, even if it made it much harder to decide

In the end, I didn't change my initial build by much. I still chose guards red, no sunroof and pebble grey deviated stitching (the extended deviated package). I also kept the yellow sports chrono since I feel it adds just enough colour to make it look "sportier".

Here is the link to my final build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKGAFW3

Now the excruciating wait till August begins....
Old 05-02-2017, 04:36 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

what color did you order your turbo s in?

I've seen a few people here with rattling sunroofs. When I did have a sunroof on my previous card, I never opened them. I'll stick with the one tone look with no sunroof and save some money for other options.
There is a similar thread where I posted answers that probably apply to your situation, too.

As for sunroof, be advised that if you order no sunroof, your car may sit unsold for a long time on resale when looking for the right buyer.

If you don't like the two-tone look, just get the body colored sunroof. That's what I have, as I don't like the two-tone look, either.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:49 PM
ericparent
AutoX

Originally Posted by Need4S
There is a similar thread where I posted answers that probably apply to your situation, too.

As for sunroof, be advised that if you order no sunroof, your car may sit unsold for a long time on resale when looking for the right buyer.

If you don't like the two-tone look, just get the body colored sunroof. That's what I have, as I don't like the two-tone look, either.
Thanks for the feedback.

I don't really have anything against the two tone look, I feel both are really cool looking and bring something to the table. I guess I just have to pick one and decided to pick unified roof with minimal lines. Resale is a factor, but as someone who doesn't use sunroofs, I'd rather not add any more lines than necessary to the car.

A couple of you guys have given me the single best piece of advice: "Build it like YOU want it, screw what everyone else says". This is very true, as you can always find someone to validate or invalidate every single choice. In the end, I think my build is a good fit for me

One thing I still struggle with is carmine red vs guards red..... That one keeps me up at night as I love both colors. Wife is much more of a carmine fan, and I'm leaning more guards red. Right now I have guards red locked in, but I still have 2 weeks to change.... The thing that worries me about carmine is how dark it gets in low lights... I want my car to stand out
Old 05-02-2017, 05:37 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't really have anything against the two tone look, I feel both are really cool looking and bring something to the table. I guess I just have to pick one and decided to pick unified roof with minimal lines. Resale is a factor, but as someone who doesn't use sunroofs, I'd rather not add any more lines than necessary to the car.

A couple of you guys have given me the single best piece of advice: "Build it like YOU want it, screw what everyone else says". This is very true, as you can always find someone to validate or invalidate every single choice. In the end, I think my build is a good fit for me

One thing I still struggle with is carmine red vs guards red..... That one keeps me up at night as I love both colors. Wife is much more of a carmine fan, and I'm leaning more guards red. Right now I have guards red locked in, but I still have 2 weeks to change.... The thing that worries me about carmine is how dark it gets in low lights... I want my car to stand out
Psssssst......

Carmine!
Old 05-02-2017, 06:50 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Psssssst......

Carmine!
Definitely. That will make my Guards just a little more rare!

Old 05-02-2017, 07:12 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by ace37
Definitely. That will make my Guards just a little more rare!
Ha! No bad choices there 🍒 👍
Old 05-03-2017, 02:27 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Ha! No bad choices there 🍒 👍
Yep. Guards Red is brighter, but slightly orange. Carmine is darker, richer red. Both look good.

Quick Reply: 2018 Turbo S configuration help