Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What kind of insurance are you guys using?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 11:09 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks to op and everyone on this thread. My next 911 is a TTS and this thread is answering lot of my questions before I start shopping for the right insurance agency.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:36 PM
jcoltrane
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2014TTS is $1100/6mo through State Farm.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:06 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,509 Likes on 2,828 Posts

So far the plan for me (.2 TT) is Traveler's. $900/6mos with new car replacement rider.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:25 PM
hami
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Premier New Car Replacement from Travelers: i found to be the best option and price, 6m/850.

New customers who already had new car replacement coverage may also purchase this coverage, as long as the vehicle is less than five years old and the customer is the original owner.
This coverage includes:

New Car Replacement Coverage
This covers the cost of a new car of the same make and model, minus the applicable deductible, if your car is totaled in a covered loss. Fire, theft, larceny and flood losses are excluded.

Loan Lease Gap Coverage
This covers the difference between the current value of your vehicle and what is owed on your vehicle loan or lease if it is totaled.

Glass Deductible
This is a lower deductible that can be applied in place of your Comprehensive deductible for a glass-only loss involving your windshield, windows, and exterior lights or mirrors.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:45 AM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by AlD
FWIW, our insurance is with AIG Private Client Group. Coverage is superb, service is amazing and, while not the "cheapest", they have taken good care of us with some unfortunate homeowners and exotic cars without question....
We, too, just switched to AIG, when we got our new TTS, for all 4 cars plus homeowners and umbrella. Our prior insurer, The Hartford, was great; when my 2011 vette was totalled in a flood in 2012 they paid enough to replace it with an even better brand new 2012, with absolutely no hassles. However, they wouldn't insure the new TTS for more than $150k. So we shopped the entire package through our broker

For me, claims service, full coverage and fairness are paramount, and worth paying extra for a better insurer; I wouldn't touch All-State and their ilk even if they gave me the coverage for $1.98. Chubb is likely the top of the line and charges for it, too; then companies like AIG and The Hartford. The FIRST question to my broker after the coverages is :how are they on claims, and only after that does it become a question of price. I'd rather pay $2,500 to insure the car and know I'll have hassle-free claims process and coverage than pay $1,000 and have to worry about whether we'll be made whole on top of the aggravation of the loss itself.

Quick Reply: What kind of insurance are you guys using?