Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Let the allocation search begin!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 01:34 PM
TXccc
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let the allocation search begin!

Hey fellas - I'm back again to siphon from your collective experiences (I promise one day I'll have some value myself to add to the forum once I get my hands on this beauty!).

You all helped me decide between the Turbo / Turbo S - it will be the Turbo S Cab. I'm lightly kicking off the process in finding an allocation (have only kicked the tires for an allocation at two local dealers (San Antonio and Austin) but want your feedback on a few items for those of you who have dealt with this:

1) First dealer says - we will not negotiate at all on Turbo S orders due to limited allocations. I don't even know if they have an allocation available, but I find it hard to believe a dealer will walk away from a $225K sale over a 5% discount (based upon previous searches of the forum 3 - 8% seems to be the average a while back). Anyone have thoughts on this in terms of whether a discount of 5% is a realistic expectation?

2) Second dealer indicated they currently only have an allocation for a Turbo S Coupe ( I want a Cab). Are they able to trade that allocation? Or is there a process for them to find a Turbo S Cab allocation?

3) Was looking for delivery to the Porsche Experience Center in LA so technically I don't think it matters which dealer I get the allocation from or am I missing something?

Thanks for any insight you all can share!
Old 03-01-2017, 02:33 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,211 Likes on 2,717 Posts

Originally Posted by TXccc
Hey fellas - I'm back again to siphon from your collective experiences (I promise one day I'll have some value myself to add to the forum once I get my hands on this beauty!).

You all helped me decide between the Turbo / Turbo S - it will be the Turbo S Cab. I'm lightly kicking off the process in finding an allocation (have only kicked the tires for an allocation at two local dealers (San Antonio and Austin) but want your feedback on a few items for those of you who have dealt with this:

1) First dealer says - we will not negotiate at all on Turbo S orders due to limited allocations. I don't even know if they have an allocation available, but I find it hard to believe a dealer will walk away from a $225K sale over a 5% discount (based upon previous searches of the forum 3 - 8% seems to be the average a while back). Anyone have thoughts on this in terms of whether a discount of 5% is a realistic expectation?

2) Second dealer indicated they currently only have an allocation for a Turbo S Coupe ( I want a Cab). Are they able to trade that allocation? Or is there a process for them to find a Turbo S Cab allocation?

3) Was looking for delivery to the Porsche Experience Center in LA so technically I don't think it matters which dealer I get the allocation from or am I missing something?

Thanks for any insight you all can share!

1) Entirely market driven. Your market may be different than others. I can only speak to the Turbo, but I am getting mine at 7%. I feel pretty confident I would have gotten the same for a TTS. It's a smaller dealer and market, so that may make a difference.

2)Yes, they can do dealer trades. I believe Turbo allocations were released in Jan. Not sure when the next round happens.

3)The nice thing about PEC is that you have your pick of dealers and they can all utilize PEC for delivery. Of course, there will likely be a delay in getting your car. ATL was 2 mos backlogged.

Whoever you use - make sure you get a print out of the build sheet with a v200 code and your name on it. Otherwise, they may be selling you an order demand v070, which is not a real allocation.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:50 PM
TXccc
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
1) Entirely market driven. Your market may be different than others. I can only speak to the Turbo, but I am getting mine at 7%. I feel pretty confident I would have gotten the same for a TTS. It's a smaller dealer and market, so that may make a difference.
Thanks for sharing your discount. Very helpful.

3)The nice thing about PEC is that you have your pick of dealers and they can all utilize PEC for delivery. Of course, there will likely be a delay in getting your car. ATL was 2 mos backlogged.
Yikes! Extra 2 mos due to delay at Experience center - i may rethink my plan on that.

Whoever you use - make sure you get a print out of the build sheet with a v200 code and your name on it. Otherwise, they may be selling you an order demand v070, which is not a real allocation.
Great info regarding the v200 code - I'll ask for this for sure.

Quick Reply: Let the allocation search begin!