Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Turbo S - Center Grill or Not??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 08:48 AM
GreginNH
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For all the questions pertaining to sensors, I have not encountered any problems. This car is new to me so I may not know all the details.

Based on what I can see on my car, I have the center ACC. The center grill is two piece and is pre-sized to fit quite nicely around the ACC eye.

As for sensors, there some on the bumper and one on each side of the car embedded in the black plastic trim. The Zensport side grills are actually three separate pieces per side. The center insert has a rounded cut away to enables the grill to fit well around the sensor housing (see first and third pics).

Old 09-25-2018, 06:06 PM
shaggyM
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreginNH
For all the questions pertaining to sensors, I have not encountered any problems. This car is new to me so I may not know all the details.

Based on what I can see on my car, I have the center ACC. The center grill is two piece and is pre-sized to fit quite nicely around the ACC eye.

As for sensors, there some on the bumper and one on each side of the car embedded in the black plastic trim. The Zensport side grills are actually three separate pieces per side. The center insert has a rounded cut away to enables the grill to fit well around the sensor housing (see first and third pics).
Greg, I checked with Peter at Zensport and unfortunately that guard is not for you car. He said 991.1 with sensor guards are under development. If you look at your last pic, you car see where the guard comes out as it goes over the sensor compared with the top one. its a different angle. That said, from 10' I dont think anyone would notice and they appear to be doing the primary job of protecting the car. I wonder if there is an adverse affect to the sensors themselves or if they are so close they are out of 'focus' range.

Here is the pic from the other thread of a GTS that has sensors and the correct made to fit up to, but not over - guards for comparison.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:14 PM
GreginNH
Rennlist Member

Shaggy, I don’t know what to tell you. I used the search feature on the website to find these. The center inserts have circular cut outs at their ends where they go around the sensors.

Thus far, they seem to be working fine with the sensors. I will keep an eye on this though.

Here is the link to the parts I ordered.https://www.zunsport.com/en/porsche-...o%20s&limit=75
Here is the link to the set without sensors. https://www.zunsport.com/en/porsche-...he%20turbo%20s

Since Zunsport went to the trouble of listing grill sets that specifically state “without sensors”, I just assumed the ones I ordered would be for cars with sensors!

Last edited by GreginNH; 09-25-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:05 PM
shaggyM
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually now I'm on my laptop I see your sensor off to the side, its not covered, my bad. It appears the 'S' intakes are a little different than the non S. Yours appear to be correct, my apologies!
Old 09-25-2018, 11:08 PM
GreginNH
Rennlist Member

No problem. The OCD was kicking in there for a while! I was wondering if I had purchased the wrong grill set.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:28 AM
911tts-LA
Advanced

Greg, I have parking sensors and no ACC on my 2014 911.1 tts . From your pictures and what you said, even I ordered the “wrong” set according to Peter at Zunsports, I think it works. My central piece is one piece and should have no problem as there are no sensors in the middle. For the sides, since the sensors are on the side inside the bumper, I think I am good. Do you think I miss anything? I will try it this weekend.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:10 AM
GreginNH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911tts-LA
Greg, I have parking sensors and no ACC on my 2014 911.1 tts . From your pictures and what you said, even I ordered the “wrong” set according to Peter at Zunsports, I think it works. My central piece is one piece and should have no problem as there are no sensors in the middle. For the sides, since the sensors are on the side inside the bumper, I think I am good. Do you think I miss anything? I will try it this weekend.

Here is a copy of my email with Peter at Zunsports. I have ordered the correct grill set without question.

Hello Peter
I ordered the grill set for my Porsche 991.1 Turbo S. It has parking sensors and ACC. I’ve been told by some that your grill set ZPR 60911B (which I ordered) is not compatible with cars equipped with parking sensors although they seem to fit quite well. Did I order the wrong grills?

Thanks in advance
Greg

Hello Greg.
If your car as stated " Porsche 991.1 Turbo S. It has parking sensors and ACC " product code ZPR 60911B is correct.

They maybe referencing the Porsche 991.1 Turbo (none S ) which is a different product code .

Kind Regards

Peter Langston

Zunsport
Old 09-26-2018, 05:08 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

Zunsport has not started work on center grill non ACC for the 991.2 TT or TTS yet. Looking for a car to spec it in the UK.

Quick Reply: Turbo S - Center Grill or Not??