Sponsored by: Road Spy

Lemon Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 01:53 AM
fq
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon Help Needed

I have a Lemon problem with a brand new 991.2 TTS. Any attorneys on this site or anyone know of good attorneys that handle lemon cases? Also, anyone have experience with Porsche "Customer Commitment" in dealing with Lemon type of issues?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to PM me as well. Thanks!
Old 01-25-2017, 08:30 AM
Fred Flintstone
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch! Sorry to hear about this problem. Best of luck. Hopefully Porsche will do what is right.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:03 AM
Randyc151
Three Wheelin'

Received 277 Likes on 174 Posts

I'd suggest you look for a local attorney that handles "consumer rights/consumer protection" cases. Many probably also handle "accident/injury" cases, so try to find one that only does consumer.

Your claim will be against the local dealer, not Porsche. I've found that Porsche is not particularly responsive to customers, IMHO. These lawyers typically take these cases and will look to recover their fees from the dealer, but sometimes that means that they don't always do what's best for you, or on a schedule you are happy with. Alternatively, look for a business lawyer that will charge you an hourly fee, but may be more responsive. This is a rabbit hole you are going down, so hang on!!
Old 01-25-2017, 06:52 PM
fq
Instructor

Thanks for your replies. It's disappointing to know that Porsche's customer service is not up to mark.

I will keep you guys posted on how it goes. But if anyone else has suggestions, would love to hear them as well.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:57 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

Park in front of dealership and spraypaint lemon on the windshield...that will get a response.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:17 AM
fq
Instructor

That might actually be the way to go.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:33 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 325 Likes on 219 Posts

I don't know which state you reside in but the Lemon Law in CA is pretty straight forward. I once had a car that was about to turn into a "lemon" if the dealer could not fix the recurring problem one last time. Fortunately for both of us, they were able to and my car was trouble free ever since; btw, it wasn't a Porsche.
I don't like lawyers (plenty in my family) but a reputable lawyer who specializes in this field will seal the deal for you. Sorry about your ordeal as I know your pain but it should be a simple open and shut case if your situation meets all of the Lemon Law criteria for your state.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:15 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by fq
I have a Lemon problem with a brand new 991.2 TTS. Any attorneys on this site or anyone know of good attorneys that handle lemon cases? Also, anyone have experience with Porsche "Customer Commitment" in dealing with Lemon type of issues?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to PM me as well. Thanks!
I suspect you'll be hard pressed to find an attorney who really wants to get involved. There's not that much money involved.

You can certainly buy an hour's time of an attorney who is well versed in consumer fraud issues to advise you.

You need to research the lemon laws in your area to see what qualifies for a lemon and what recourse you have. The car can be bought back but it doesn't necessarily have to be bought back for what you have in the car.

You will almost certainly need to maintain a full paper trail of receipts/work invoices, etc., that show when you had the car in, for what (as much detail as possible), and for how long.

Along with saving the paper keep a diary of who you talk to, when, where and what was said. Explore using a small voice recorder but be aware in some areas it is illegal to record someone without their permission.

(I am not a lawyer but I talked to one once about this and he told me to record anyway and then make my notes from the recording. If it ever came up, in a court, how my notes were so precise and how I could be sure of what was said then announce I made a recording. The other side would likely seek to settle promptly. But it is better if you do not violate any laws against recording someone without his knowledge.)

Absent recording your conversations try to get everything in writing. A verbal promise is worthless. Use email, or letters. CC the dealer. CC PCNA. And before you write become familiar with the consumer fraud department in your city/county/state and be able to show you are "CC"ing someone there too.

This last part is important. You want to learn what options are open to you regarding consumer fraud.

You are entitled to reasonable care, skill and expertise in the servicing of your car. In this case a Porsche dealer can't sell a Porsche then claim it can't/doesn't know how to fix the car and in a timely manner.

Your decision to purchase was I'm sure driven in no small part by what you were told regarding all the factory trained techs at the dealer, all the literature and what have you read regarding the ability of the dealer to properly service and if it came to it repair the vehicle.

Thus if the dealer throws up its hands you can claim you were a victim of consumer fraud. You were lied to.

FWIW, the word I get is that basically good companies that just happen to hit a rough patch -- with unfortunately just your car -- are pretty fierce when it comes to defending themselves. The basically good company seeks to defend and protect its reputation.

OTOH, basically bad companies fold almost immediately because they can't risk any investigation.

Regardless being knowledgeable about what it takes to qualify a car as a lemon, and what you have to do before this can take place, is important. And building a case (as it were) by documenting what transpires and using every legal means at your disposal to get satisfaction will go a long way to either getting the car fixed to your satisfaction or having it classified as a lemon and being made whole by some other means.
The following users liked this post:
loneregister (04-20-2020)
Old 01-28-2017, 08:38 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,092 Posts

-^ Excellent response!

I for one am interested in the nature of the problem that can't be fixed.

Quick Reply: Lemon Help Needed