Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Pulling trigger soon - thoughts on config?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 02:58 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 571 Posts

So I finally got an allocation and now figuring out dates for European Delivery. Need to lock in the configuration fairly soon, but cannot decide on a few items. Here is what I'm down to:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6TVGB8

Open questions:

1. Interior. That's a huge one. I do not like black interiors on sports car and in general, which is the color Porsche recommends with Miami Blue. I was going to go with Graphite Blue + Chalk, but with this being a sporty utility vehicle for me (an SUV, LOL) I'm not sure how it's going to hold up. So now I'm down to Graphite blue alone, Espresso (extra points for it being "natural leather") and sapphire gray. I just cannot make up my mind. My wife says Graphite blue. But she disqualified herself from the decision process by saying "let's revisit why you need this car in the first place".

2. Aero kit. It's poor value for what it is, and I'm not a fan of the vertical fins on the front bumper, but it does make the car look a bit more interesting, so I'm getting it. But black or body color (car body, not mine)? Leaning to exterior color now, but not sure. Black does look good too.

3. Dashboard trim in leather. It sounds like something I'd want but I cannot understand what exactly it means from the pictures. Will it matter if I'm not specifically looking for it in the car?

4. Deviated stitching. I'm a big fan of deviated stitching, especially given how nice Porsche's stitching is. If I could get a two-tone interior that I liked, I'd just get the standard deviated stitching that comes with it, and be done. But since I'm getting single-tone, I'd like to get deviated stitching as extra where it matters. But it's not in online configurator, and I'm not sure where it matters/looks good, so completely do not know where even to begin.

5. Alcantara visors. I want them, but I've seen many mentions that it's better to but later because those will come without ugly yellow stickers. Where do I get those, and are they only black or the colors I'm considering are also possible?

Anything else I'm missing or should consider?
Old 02-28-2017, 06:58 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 880 Likes on 365 Posts

Max

Couple of random thoughts from a 15TTS and multiple Porsche turbo owner.

- I have never liked the aerokit until the 2017TTS - I would go black

- I also like the alcantara steering wheel.

- 100 percent on Burmeister its silly in the TTS.

- I have the centerlocks painted black - I think it looks great.

- Lastly love your wifes comments.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:59 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

I'm warming up to the black aerokit. But that means black headlights as well or not necessarily? Also, how do I get the black letters on the back? There is no option in the online configurator for that, as far as I can tell.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:16 PM
TXccc
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
I'm warming up to the black aerokit. But that means black headlights as well or not necessarily? Also, how do I get the black letters on the back? There is no option in the online configurator for that, as far as I can tell.
Hey Max - personally, I like the black aerokit and will be getting it on mine once I can find an allocation. I also prefer the black headlights and tinted taillights together with the black model letters on the back. In the configurator, that option is called:
"PORSCHE" Logo and Model Designation Painted - CWJ - $595

Once selected a you can identify the color as black.

The build is looking good - Cory
Old 03-04-2017, 11:42 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Went with Graphite Blue interior and Chalk contrast stitching. Picking up in Leipzig on June 29th. Cant's wait!
Old 03-06-2017, 11:41 AM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Went with Graphite Blue interior and Chalk contrast stitching. APicking up in Leipzig on June 29th. Cant's wait!
Great choice, and extremely rare. I suggest getting the interior treated with something like Opti-Coat so that the white stays white. We did this on one of our cars and even after two years, lots of jeans, and even a three year-old, it looks like the day we bought it. It also is way cooler in the summer. BTW, way envious.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:52 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KM1959
Great choice, and extremely rare. I suggest getting the interior treated with something like Opti-Coat so that the white stays white. We did this on one of our cars and even after two years, lots of jeans, and even a three year-old, it looks like the day we bought it. It also is way cooler in the summer. BTW, way envious.
Well, I actually did not do the 2-tone interior but rather Graphite Blue everywhere and extra stitching. It's more expensive that way, but I am not brave enough to go with Chalk seats, especially with kids riding in the car.

Quick Reply: Pulling trigger soon - thoughts on config?