Sponsored by: Road Spy

Flush stance on a lowered 991 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 03:16 PM
francisluu
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Flush stance on a lowered 991 Turbo S

For those of you with lowered ride heights and stock wheels, how much additional width do you have until the rims are flush with the wheel arches? I'm trying to figure out how much room there is to play with when it comes to more aggressive wheel fitment.

A bit of context, I'm exploring fitting GT3 wheels to a Turbo — blasphemy I know, but they're one of my favorite centerlock wheels. The rears from a standard GT3 will fit fine with an additional width of 7.3mm, though the fronts will tuck in to the body quite a bit. The fronts from a GT3 RS however, those have enough width to work, though I'm concerned they may be *too* wide — they will sit 15.4mm more outboard from the stock Turbo S centerlocks.

If anyone can help me with this front measurement, I can figure out if 15.4mm will be *just* about the widest it can go or if the tire will start sticking out. Again, this will be on a lowered Turbo S so it seems like that helps things ever so slightly.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:04 AM
gsc
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a set of P106's on my 2014 TTS with a 12.5" rear wheels, fit flush. I would ask wheels boutiques for options.

Quick Reply: Flush stance on a lowered 991 Turbo S