Sponsored by: Road Spy

Old question of colour

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 10:06 PM
Ian M
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Old question of colour

I'm in the process of ordering a new tts. I have had five black Porsches on the spin. I obviously love black cars, they look great, but mostly only for a few days after cleaning. This time I'm very seriously considering a GT Silver. I think it suits the car especially with the turbo s wheels.

Does anyone have any negative experiences with this colour? I'm hoping it will look clean for longer, not show marks as easily, stone chips etc. If I have this colour the air intakes will be painted high gloss black as will the lower door mirrors. I was also thinking of having the rear wing in black?
Old 08-31-2016, 10:57 PM
Tony007
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would stick with the black but this time have a full Suntek clear wrap to protect it. No swirls / film is self healing and you get to keep the baddest colour in the world!
Old 08-31-2016, 11:16 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 159 Posts

Love mine. I do think it would look good with black accents, like on the painted aerokit.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:47 AM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian M
I'm in the process of ordering a new tts. I have had five black Porsches on the spin. I obviously love black cars, they look great, but mostly only for a few days after cleaning. This time I'm very seriously considering a GT Silver. I think it suits the car especially with the turbo s wheels.

Does anyone have any negative experiences with this colour? I'm hoping it will look clean for longer, not show marks as easily, stone chips etc. If I have this colour the air intakes will be painted high gloss black as will the lower door mirrors. I was also thinking of having the rear wing in black?
I think the car looks awesome in GT Silver. It's my favorite color after the brighter blues.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:31 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

I am going to agree, GT Silver is a great choice. The silver helps to accentuate the body lines on the Turbo while the black tends to hide them a bit. Plus, the contrast between the silver and black accents makes for a very modern feel.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 09-09-2016, 11:29 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I'd get a GT Silver in a heart beat..racey..sexy..sleek..muscular
Old 09-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Ian M
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Placed the order. Went GT Silver. Black leather silver deviated stitching. January build. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:39 PM
smuoio
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

I have always preferred GT Silver... in addition to the practicality of it. Congrats on the awesome car...

Quick Reply: Old question of colour