Finally Got Stage 3 Installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 09:45 PM
trader247
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Finally Got Stage 3 Installed

Finally got my Sambo Stage III Installed

So far, I have installed the full Kline Exhaust, headers and hi flow cats. Also, By Design IC's and air filter. I do have the Cobb AP, but have yet to install as I wanted to see/feel the power/sound of the bolt-ons first before adding the tune.

My install was done at my local P Car dealer (Porsche of Reno). Jess my tech did a wonderful job and Sam even made himself available to Jess for anything he needed.

Here are a few pics of the parts as they were installed.

Initial impressions....

Sounds very close to stock under idle/light throttle without Sport or S+. If I were to say stock exhaust is a 3, this is a 5 under idle and very gentle driving.

Now, once Sport/S+ is engaged and you get on it is where the magic starts to happen. Stock exhaust with S/S+ under medium/hard power is about a 6 1/2. With the full Kline system and IC's I would call it a solid 8.

If you get on it all the way, thing becomes a 9 1/2 all day long. I think I scared my neighbors (or at least startled myself) when I thought I would innocently rev the motor in Sport. Thing sounded like a freaking race car with power on and a small caliber machine gun when I let off. Pretty freaking cool

Another thing I really noticed was that my temps seemed to be lower on my engine water and oil. Typically on a hot day when I've been driving awhile my temps will be about 220/225F each, but my temps were much cooler and closer to 194/200. Perhaps I didn't drive long enough or get it hot enough, But seems like it is running cooler from the better air flow. Perhaps Sam can chime in on if this is the case.

Anyone thinking about doing an exhaust/full exhaust or full exhaust/IC's. I highly recommend this set up or something more similar to your particular taste.

I will update once I install the tune also.

Thanks Sam and Jess

Quick Reply: Finally Got Stage 3 Installed